Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I'm only following this through here and don't rate Reigns, but this has been a great decision. The title needs a long reign, that's not hot potatoed. Outside of part time Lesnar, this is the first properly lengthy reign since Cena and Punk.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
The modern GOAT of professional wrestling does deserve this record. Roman has now surpassed all his contemporaries. Congrats👏

·
Premium Member
27,601 Posts

For reference here are the lengths of all his world title reigns:

1) WWE Championship - 2015 - < 1 a day (cashed in instantly by Sheamus)
2) WWE Championship - 2015 - 41 days
3) WWE Championship - 2016 - 77 days
4) Universal Championship - 2018 - 64 days
5) Universal Championship - 2020-22 - 501 days

Love it, he is the best and was way overdue for a properly long title reign.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Too bad it was with the Universal Title. In 5 years that championship won't exist and all it's records will be obsolete.

·
rasslin
9,574 Posts
Too bad it was with the Universal Title. In 5 years that championship won't exist and all it's records will be obsolete.
Well it’s WWE.

The same copy the axed the tag title history for the historic smackdown tag title history!

so ya never know.

·
The Ghost of WF
Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead.
20,202 Posts

For reference here are the lengths of all his world title reigns:

1) WWE Championship - 2015 - < 1 a day (cashed in instantly by Sheamus)
2) WWE Championship - 2015 - 41 days
3) WWE Championship - 2016 - 77 days
4) Universal Championship - 2018 - 64 days
5) Universal Championship - 2020-22 - 501 days

Love it, he is the best and was way overdue for a properly long title reign.
It's fitting because any Face Title reign would be saddled with the formulaic 'Defending Champion' vibe which tires extremely quickly and he wouldn't be allowed to incorporate any of his own input to authenticate how he would normally carry himself as he does right now as a Heel.

Heel Title reigns benefit longer term causes with the upside of building up a strong Babyface challenger who could potentially draw big money(The only real excuse for Face Champions to hold the gold) or repeat the same cycle onwards for future reference.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
13,568 Posts
I don’t like him, but, really not too many other options out there, it was the best choice they had.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm only following this through here and don't rate Reigns, but this has been a great decision. The title needs a long reign, that's not hot potatoed. Outside of part time Lesnar, this is the first properly lengthy reign since Cena and Punk.
I'm pretty sure Styles had a 1 year reign a few years ago. It wasn't particularly memorable, but it did happen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts