Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has canceled another upcoming SmackDown live event.

The American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas announced today that the blue brand live event scheduled for Monday has been canceled. The reason given was a scheduling conflict, but this is to allow top SmackDown Superstars to appear on Monday's RAW under the WWE Wild Card Rule. Monday's show will be the final red brand episode before WWE Super ShowDown.

Below is the announcement from the arena issued to ticket holders:

"The WWE: SmackDown live event scheduled for Monday June 3rd at American Bank Center Arena in Corpus Christi, TX has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. All fans who purchased tickets for the Corpus Christi, TX live event should go to their point of purchase for refunds."

This is the fourth SmackDown live event that has been canceled in the past six weeks due to blue brand talents being needed at RAW for the Wild Card Rule. WWE has been focused on bringing up ratings and improving live event business. While the Wild Card Rule was created to generate a buzz for TV, it looks like it could be hurting live event business.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/05/wwe-cancels-another-smackdown-live-event-over-wild-card-rule-654607/

·
Southern Pride
3,582 Posts
Cancel these Smackdown Live events, get the Smackdown roster to RAW, barely have 1 match in the first hour of RAW.

This wildcard rule thing is going on so swell! /sarcasm

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
So the Wild Card rule is somehow helping them on TV but it is hurting their live events...doesn't look too good as it is creating an absolute mess. I also read something about injuries piling up too which is not very helpful in the long run. I've always had a feeling that the Wild Card rule was a band-aid approach to a serious problem.

Reactions: Ace

·
Baby Yoda
29,864 Posts
Wild card bs has made things worse for both shows.

SD feels irrelevent and is essentially the same Raw recap show it was pre split.

Raw is shit as ever + a random Roman match and feud each which feels so out of place since he's supposed to be on SD...

Also, the wildcard rule seems to only be "beneficial" for Raw, they send Raw's geeks over and that only takes time away from SD wrestlers. While each week Kofi and Roman (SD's top stars) are on Raw.

What a complete disaster.

·
Registered
17,375 Posts
Wow this is really bad. Cancelling basically cuz of the same 4 people not on the show...Kofi Roman and 2 or 3 more that would be on Raw that Monday

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Ugh. What an absolute mess things have become. They truly don’t know what they AEW doing. Now they are pissing off paying fans in an attempt to raise ratings and ratings are not getting any better.
Did you mean to type AEW instead of are? This forum has AEW on the brain lol

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
bit of shit thing for wwe to do when its not an unavoidable problem.

what if people have paid for travel or accomodation and wwe just decided to cancel the event less than a week out because it suits them?

·
Oh Becky Becky, Becky Becky Becky Becky Becky Lync
2,265 Posts
Perhaps they should stop scheduling Smackdown house shows on a Monday night then?

Just a suggestion.

·
The Excellence of Execution
727 Posts
bit of shit thing for wwe to do when its not an unavoidable problem.

what if people have paid for travel or accomodation and wwe just decided to cancel the event less than a week out because it suits them?
I can't imagine anyone is travelling anywhere for these god awful house shows, the way they've been run for the past 5 years...

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I can't imagine anyone is travelling anywhere for these god awful house shows, the way they've been run for the past 5 years...
nor would I but I guess there are always going to be those people who still really enjoy the product and are still willing to make the trip.

even if its just a family who don't really know better because their son loves wrestling. They just notice a wwe show on and decide to take him for his birthday or whatever.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts