Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since 2008, WWE has noticeably changed how they film matches. Whereas in older shows, they would have a stationary camera on the action, nowadays they zoom in and out rapidly as moves connect, switch camera angles mid move VERY often, have a closer overall zoom and even sometimes employ a shake effect as moves connect. Does anyone prefer this approach? I would much prefer them to revert back to the old, more stationary approach.

·
Secret Sithlord
373 Posts
It has only bothered me on a handful of times, most recently that i can remember - but that is still a while ago - when CM punk returned with the WWE championship just after Cena won the "new" one, they kept going to the entrance and then back to Cena looking dumb, over and over again until they stopped on Cena and missed punk coming out for a few secs. Stuff like that :p

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I like it, it's modern.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
This is a good thread.

I thought the camera work for Taker vs HHH at Wrestlemania was top notch and it really added to the match but on weekly shows I think it is a bit overdone. I'm not really a fan of cutting to close-ups mid-move like on Justin Gabriel's 450º splash and things like that but when the match is good I really don't pay much attention to it.

·
Premium Member
17,277 Posts
I really like it now. If you watch NXT they really do weird camera angles. I guess it's they're testing ground for it. Like some others said, yeah you might miss a small move, but that's usually if they pan over to something else (an on purpose).

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's just bad camera work to constantly zoom in and out during chairshots and the like. It takes away the full effect of the move.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
It looks awesome, just look at WrestleMania this year, the camera work was superb and you were closer to action than ever before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts