Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www................../artman/publish/WWE/article10014873.shtml

WWE has announced that a King of the Ring tournament will take place on the November 29 edition of Raw in Philadelphia, Pa. It will be a three-hour show. WWE is touting that "one man will become a legend as the King of the Ring tournament returns for the first time in over two years." [Thanks to Dot Net reader Guiguioh]

Powell's POV: I enjoyed the King of the Ring pay-per-view events back when WWE took them seriously. Wrestlers from Raw and Smackdown are advertised for the three-hour show, and WWE definitely has the depth to produce a hell of a tournament if they choose to.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm a big fan of the king of the ring concept and although in hindsight it's easy to say who would win, it's not that easy whilst it's happening. It has that real excitement factor that pro-wrestling doesn't really have once you're smartened up.

·
Harley's Circus
2,551 Posts
meh I never really got the concept of king of the ring. It just seemed like a lot of guys going over another guy for no apparent reason then getting jobbed out to a guy for no other reason.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I like it. The King of the Ring has a mostly great history (thanks, Billy Gunn and Mabel), and it's a nice honor to bestow upon a rising midcarder.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Awesome concept was my favorite PPV when i was growing up. Wrestling how it should be. No storylines just guys going out there to see who's the best. If they bring it back with the 3 matches in a night to win format id love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.