Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of giving Matt Hardy his broken gimmick back, or even a new makeover ala his former Tag partner the Fiend Bray Wyatt and build a storyline about his return, WWE books him to come back as enhancement talent to put over... Buddy Murphy.

#deleted

·
Registered
734 Posts
Matt Hardy is 45yo and well past his prime. Even in his prime he was barely a mid card talent. He'll always be remembered as 1/2 of the Hardy Boys tag team but after the split he drew the Marty Jannetty straw. With Jeff being a career fuckup, a tag team reunion is highly unlikely. At this point he should be lucky he's still getting booked.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
He's looking his retirement and there is no doubt WWE will be his final place, he doesn't need any achievement.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
1,995 Posts
Matt is a big fan of Buddy's and was likely more than happy to put him over in the twilight of his career.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Sure let's push hardy. Then while we are at it have undertaker beat bray. Kane beat Rey. Let hunter beat Lesnar. Wheel out rd to beat Nak and hbk beat Cole and robbie brookside beat Walter. Oh oh and demolition beat the Raiders. Ric beat strong. Noble beat rush.

No. Unless you are Jericho and can still offer something you don't deserve shit just cause you were relevant in a dead era

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure let's push hardy. Then while we are at it have undertaker beat bray. Kane beat Rey. Let hunter beat Lesnar. Wheel out rd to beat Nak and hbk beat Cole and robbie brookside beat Walter. Oh oh and demolition beat the Raiders. Ric beat strong. Noble beat rush.

No. Unless you are Jericho and can still offer something you don't deserve shit just cause you were relevant in a dead era

Yes, yes! Demolition coming out of retirement to beat Raiders! Yes! Everyone come out of retirement!

Lol, at someone of the overreactions.

Matt Hardy was just a Tag Team champion having beaten the Usos just 6 months ago.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Yes, yes! Demolition coming out of retirement to beat Raiders! Yes! Everyone come out of retirement!

Lol, at someone of the overreactions.

Matt Hardy was just a Tag Team champion having beaten the Usos just 6 months ago.
The tag team championships is your defense? Come on dude. Ryder and Hawkins are former tag champs.

Hardy won them with his younger far more popular brother

He had to talk like a stroke victim to even be relevant in impact

He offers nothing to the product

Tell me, why does he deserve any push? Cause of things he did elsewhere? You know why Jericho always gets pushed? He reinvents himself. His never the same guy. Matt is riding on the success of something from 4 years ago.

No one cares about him anymore. It's just respected veteran fanfare. Road Dogg and Billy Gunn get the same reaction. Even Vince McMahon. It doesn't mean anyone likes them. It just means fans can't let go of the past.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Seems to me that they're breaking him again. If he gets "knocked out" again next week we will have some idea of the direction they're heading with him.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Instead of giving Matt Hardy his broken gimmick back, or even a new makeover ala his former Tag partner the Fiend Bray Wyatt and build a storyline about his return, WWE books him to come back as enhancement talent to put over... Buddy Murphy.

#deleted

His back is screwed and he is working as an agent backstage, his job is probably to help some of the lower guys refine their matches, him working as an agent and a jobber makes perfect sense as they can put into practice with him what he has suggested. Delightful.

·
rasslin
2,609 Posts
Matt Hardy is 45yo and well past his prime. Even in his prime he was barely a mid card talent. He'll always be remembered as 1/2 of the Hardy Boys tag team but after the split he drew the Marty Jannetty straw. With Jeff being a career fuckup, a tag team reunion is highly unlikely. At this point he should be lucky he's still getting booked.
both hardy boyz will have a better legacy than the majority of todays roster. Matts Broken gimmick is better than anything outside of the Fiend that the WWE has but they choose to ignore it because it was in TNA. Hell Matts v1 gimmick is better than most of what the roster has for gimmicks. Most of the roster cant even sell moves, Matt Hardy will be a better wrestler than most of them when hes 50 let alone 45.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
I would love to see him in a management role, the guy is getting on a bit now. he's slower in the ring and most of the time it;s painful to watch. Matt was always my favourite Hardy but even I cannot bare to watch him wrestling anymore.

But in a management role I'll gladly welcome it. His mic work is surprisingly good now days, give those who cannot talk to work with Hardy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts