Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: The Wrestling Observer

The latest word is that WWE creative is working on a major angle for the summer. They are working on an idea that will be big, similar to the original NEXUS angle in 2010 and the CM Punk angle last summer.

It is said that there is a lot of pressure to come up with something, partly because of the low ratings and partly because of the state of the current product.

Attitude Era guys vs. PG Era guys?

·
Six Point Terror
894 Posts
Re: WWE creative under pressure to deliver MAJOR angle

They need to think of something quick because a lot of the more interesting things they've been doing is becoming stale very quickly.

·
Registered
314 Posts

An angle similar to Nexus? So, they'll build a stable of guys for Cena to bury. Sweeeeet!

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

Nothing is going to be bigger than Lesnar/Heyman/HHH anyway so that's irrelevant.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts

Won't somebody please think of THE YOUNG TALENT THAT DESERVE THAT SPOT~!

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Nothing is going to be bigger than Lesnar/Heyman/HHH anyway so that's irrelevant.
not even an angle with the Attitude Era guys vs PG Era guys? I bet this angle is gonna start on the 1000th episode of RAW.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts

I can't wait to see how they screw up whatever big angle they come up with like they did with Lesnar's return, Nexus, Punk's push to the top, etc.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

Its the SummerSlam build up. I'm guessing Vince pushes hard for a good SummerSlam angle. They were able to deliver two years straight w/ Nexus & CM Punk's face turn.

I'm thinking Orton heel turn to either stare down Sheamus (and officially make him SD's face) or CM Punk (who is more likely to be facing Big Show).

Brock Lesnar kinda proved not to be the money generator they had hoped but he will definitely help the SummerSlam bottom line w/ a superfight with HHH.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts

Regardless of what it is, if Cena and HHH aren't in the angle, it won't be as big as what they are doing at the time.

That is how it'll be booked anyway.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Do people actually pay for this 'insider info'? I could've fucking told you they need a major summer angle, anyone with a brain could see that.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts

Please yes.

And it's happening.
I really hope not. I'd prefer a PG era vs Attitude era storyline. This would be much more appropriate to introduce the new 3-hour Raw season and highlight the 1000th episode.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

Brock and HHH is the big storyline of the summer.
They need to be there every single week for this to be THE big storyline.

The angle needs to shake up the product. It has to top the last 2 years and make it count because an Orton heel turn ain't gonna cut it when he was a heel just over 2 years ago(unless he gets involved in something bigger), nor another basic storyline like Punk/Hardy or HBK/Jericho. Make it grand to the point where the product goes into a more serious, cutting-edge direction.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts

wow, they need to work on how not to fuck up such big angles. that's the problem.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts

I don't know what this storyline will be about, but I know one thing:

Cena goes over.

Reactions: TN Punk

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

Do people actually pay for this 'insider info'? I could've fucking told you they need a major summer angle, anyone with a brain could see that.
Exactly this! What is the Observer charging you subscribers? I will charge you a quarter of that and produce the same storys for you. :lol Another vague, obvious story posted by the Observer, brilliant!

Hello, the "Creative Team" is always supposed to be delivering "major" storylines, its their JOBS! Eventhough, its pretty evident that its all on Vince right now b/c everything goes through him.

Plus, w/e "major" angle (outside of Brock/Heyman/Lesnar) they come up with it will:

A. involve Cena
B. Cena will be put over by it (although Punk last summer and Rock at WM make this the shakiest of my predictions)
C. Will be horribly rushed to create a small "pay-off" at a minor PPV, rather then letting it develop properly and produce pay-outs at multiple PPVs.

At least prior experience would lead me to beleive these things.

1 - 20 of 230 Posts