Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PWInsider recently reached out to WWE Attorney Jerry McDevitt and here is what he said...

"The WWE is the sole owner of the ECW marks, and as with all of WWE's Intellectual Property it will be vigorously protected. TNA acts at its peril if its infringes upon WWE's rights."
Big oh OH.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'm sure TNA know the ins and outs of what the WWE owns and what rights of use WWE have, so TNA wont over-step the mark, they'll work within their guidelines and wont get sued.

*Cue them getting sued*

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think original ECW fans should be able to sue Vince for false marketing as the ECW he put out was in no way, shape or form Extreme
Agreed..

Vince WILL NOT! go to the efforts of sueing TNA over this.. Because that will give TNA big exposure with the lawsuit.. and Dixie will just reach into her dad's billion dollar pocket which is worth more than vinnie macs, and do everything to win it.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
The ones who are going to say ECW are the crowd. If it's of a huge concern they'll just be warned at the start of the show not to use it (like that'd help) and the DVD release would have edited out the chants.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Agreed..

Vince WILL NOT! go to the efforts of sueing TNA over this.. Because that will give TNA big exposure with the lawsuit.. and Dixie will just reach into her dad's billion dollar pocket which is worth more than vinnie macs, and do everything to win it.
Enlighten me.

How do you win a lawsuit when you exploited a trademarked term?

TNA have managed to avoid WWE in court for 8 years, they shouldn't/aren't be stupid enough to fall down now.

·
Let's Blade
5,736 Posts
The standard WWE big brother bullshit response :rolleyes:

Like someone said earlier, WWE should set up a ECW merch stand outside the event at Universal and make a buck or two :lmao

Anywho, I'm sure Vince McMahon will go above and beyond to keep ECW dead and buried as he had planned from the beginning. I can here him now "I KILLED ECW DAMN IT AND IT'S GOING TO STAY DEAD, DAMN YOU DIXIE CARTER" :lmao

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I really think WWE should suck it up and let TNA due their ECW reunion without lawyers. No where in the near future do I see TNA being a threat to WWE. Mentioning ECW and having a reunion for one night shouldn't be on WWE's priority list. But I guess Vinnie Mac is money hungry when it comes to things he technically owns.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Agreed..

he did to wcw the dog even though he stole half of wcws shit

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Agreed..

Unless Vince has a claim and is going to win, in which case Daddy Carter would settle. All this means is that if the ECW ppv does the normal number of crappy buys, WWE won't care, but if they make money off of it and do something stupid Vince will pounce.

Though if they went to court and were able to stop the ppv hours before it happened, that would be hilarious.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Unless Vince has a claim and is going to win, in which case Daddy Carter would settle. All this means is that if the ECW ppv does the normal number of crappy buys, WWE won't care, but if they make money off of it and do something stupid Vince will pounce.

Though if they went to court and were able to stop the ppv hours before it happened, that would be hilarious.
If McMahon attempted to stop the PPV like that, I can only imagine the reaction of the fanboys on here. Chances are though, the WWE wont do anything unless the words "ECW" are accidentally uttered by one of the wrestlers.

It would top anything I've seen him do in the past decade.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
I don't think Vince gives a crap.

Also it'll really be funny if he sets up shop outside the IZ, at least he'll give the PPV a more authentic feel with ECW shirts. Can't wait to see the IZ go wild with their ShopTNA.com shirts.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I kinda want to see TNA slip, and mention ECW just once at Hardcore Justice, only to see what Vince will do, if anything. I'm sure Vince doesn't really give a crap what TNA does, so I don't think he'll do anything.

Now, I could see if TNA was calling the PPV ECW Hardcore Justice Vince might do something. But if something slips out at the PPV, I'm sure he won't do anything. It would give TNA exposure.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
I seriously think that's why they're doing the ppv. They want to push Vince's buttons to see how far he will go to ignoring them.
If Vince is a smart man he'll just ignore them. And if he's in an interview and someone brings it up he should just say, "They did that!" and move on wit the interview.

TNA's just seeking attention.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Seriously though, you gotta laugh your arse off @ "Their own Peril" makes it look as if TNA will die a painful death for using a washed up company :lmao

1 - 20 of 37 Posts