Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,292 Posts
It's certainly a forgetable title, unfortunately. I really enjoyed Ziggler holding the title in 2014, because he was putting on damn good matches for the title. It actually felt somewhat meaningful for a while.

Then they put the title on Barrett and did nothing with it. Owens having it now gives me hope, but no real Mania match for it sucks. (Multi mans are lazy and empty)

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Us title went from the most relevant title in the cena rusev feud to now the most irrelevant title with adr and kalisto. It's all about who holds the belt.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Ambrose did as much as KO with his IC run. Man had the belt for only a couple months, and after the RR it became an after thought on him. He had one feud and it was a good one with KO but it was more focused on KO wanting t drive Dean crazy then getting the title back, so the belt wasn't viewed as the most valuable asset of the angle. He was no HWC on SD, he was just holding the IC belt like others has before him.
Well the title was built as the centerpiece of their feud which was made the focal point of Smackdown in much the same way the WHC was from 2011-2013. And unlike most IC/US Championship programs of recent past, this one had an actual feud rather than a never-ending run of matches between midcarders (I'm looking at you Dolph, Barrett, and Kofi).

But I won't disagree with you on what he's done with it after the Rumble, that just became an afterthought at that point.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,258 Posts
I don't understand the obsession with titles. They are props. No different than a sledgehammer or a steal chair.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The IC Title is so useless. Whoever wins it doesn't benefit at all. Gets no memorable feuds and given random material to work with until creative is tired of them and move on. I hate it so much. Wade Barrett is a 5-time IC Champ yet I hardly remember anything he did. It's that bad. Seriously wish the booking team can go back to the 80's or 90's style but looks like they lack the brains for that type of booking.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The IC Title is so useless. Whoever wins it doesn't benefit at all. Gets no memorable feuds and given random material to work with until creative is tired of them and move on. I hate it so much. Wade Barrett is a 5-time IC Champ yet I hardly remember anything he did. It's that bad. Seriously wish the booking team can go back to the 80's or 90's style but looks like they lack the brains for that type of booking.
Ambrose vs KO up to Royal Rumble was a memorable feud, but I know what you mean they are few and far between.

As for Wade Barrett. Not only is he a 5 time champion but he is in the top 10 for longest reigns when combining the days of all his reigns! Its crazy to think that is longer than Y2J across all 9 of his title reigns but what I find mad is that looking at who else has held the IC title as many times as Barrett the only other 2 who have held it 5 times are HHH and Edge. Looked what happened to their careers!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
The mid card titles need to be stepping stones, Reigns, Lesnar and Rollins are the only ones to win world titles before midcard titles I believe.

·
Banned
579 Posts
They should make it that you can't even compete for the WWEWHC title until you have had a reign with the US and IC belts (not at the same time). That would add instant prestige to both title. Bah gawd "so and so" has won the IC title! If he can manage to win the US title down the road in his career he could challenge for wrestlings grandest prize! "

·
Registered
60 Posts
i can understand WWE's thinking behind putting the IC title on former World champs as a way to elevate the title but the IC title was at its most prestigeous when it was a stepping stone title for the guys who could really go hard & fast in the ring with great matches before graduating to the BIG belt...the likes of Savage, Warrior, Hart & HBK but in WWE's defence they dont have anyone on the current roster & havnt 4 years who can hold a candle to these all time great HOF'ers

41 - 54 of 54 Posts