Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WRESTLING icon Sting is being pursued by both WWE and TNA.

The multiple-time WCW Champion is the only legend of the modern era NEVER to have worked for Vince McMahon.

But with WrestleMania in WCW's previous home of Atlanta this year, it is thought McMahon wants Sting to be a part of the show and inducted into the Hall of Fame.

The grappler — real name Steve Borden — is currently a free agent after his TNA contract came to an end late last year. He had been a main event star for Dixie Carter's group since 2003.

WWE's Jim Ross this week blogged: "We're getting lots of emails and tweets regarding Sting these days. Has he left TNA? I actually don't know the answer to that one but suspect that Sting is still officially with TNA.

"Nonetheless many fans hope that he is inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame in Atlanta at WrestleMania 27.

"Theoretically, if Sting were not working for another wrestling company, it would be a splendid idea. It still might be but that's not for me to speculate on.

"Sting was the first and only WCW star that Turner's people 'made' in Atlanta that never wrestled for WWE as best that I recall."

However The Stinger's old boss Eric Bischoff — now a key member of the TNA roster — told Monday Night Mayhem that his friend will most likely stick with the place he knows best.

Bischoff said: "If I had to guess, and if he is going to sign another agreement, which I'm not sure he is going to do at this stage of his career, my bet would be that he is going to sign with TNA.

"I'm not sure what Sting's motivations are at this point.

"I know physically he's told me on more than one occasion that it's getting harder and harder to deliver the type of performances that he wants to deliver in the ring for his fans. That's got to be a big part of his consideration.

"Realistically, if he would go to the WWE, there would be some additional pressure, much more than in TNA, to perform in the ring, and that would be a hard thing for him to do at this point in his career."

source:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3336092/WWE-and-TNA-battle-for-Sting.html

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
If I were Sting I would go do WM 27 and then retire.
This.

wCw doesn't have an ounce of relevance anymore. He doesn't need to prove anything by not working for McMahon.

If he goes up against Undertaker (which has been the rumour for basically the past 6 years) then I can't see him ending the streak.

So it basically comes down to take the payday and lay down, or finish your career with TNA.

I'd love to see Sting finish his career on the grandest stage of them all though, he deserves it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was heavily disappointed with the way Bret Hart was used last year, leading to one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history.
Please, PLEASE, don't introduce another washed-up old man to the roster.

I also think he's too proud to go into the WWE HoF and perhaps Vince may not want him in, but hopefully I'm wrong and he'll get the honour he deserves.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I don't know, I only want to see Sting in WWE so that he can wrestle Undertaker and finally I can see the match i've dreamt about for many years. But other then that I don't really care. He'll still get into WWE's Hall Of Fame eventually so it dosen't matter if he comes to WWE, and also who cares about the HOF either.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Arrive. Lose. We're all happy.

Do this with Sting for WM27, yo.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I think sting needs to get over whatever he thinks of vince and just DO it. He have never been to the WWE but this would be a ideal sendoff for a career. I think Wrestling Undertaker at wrestlemania losing in a great match and being inducted a night before the show is a excellent way of going out. I hope Goldberg decides to go to.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I know he's prided himself before on being the one guy to never work for Vince... but fuck, I'm an absolute mark for this guy. Sting might be my favorite wrestler of all time, even if he is overrated. If he signs with WWE and will be at WrestleMania 27, I will seriously buy myself a ticket and fly to Atlanta for the show.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really hope he does it. Probably wont though.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sting has made it clear that he will NEVER work for the WWE. I respect his decision, Vince killed professional wrestling.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
As much I would want to see Sting in WWE, I just cannot see it happening, at least in an in-ring sense. He's stated before that he didn't trust how Vince would use him, so why would Sting put his most likely final match, in the hands of Vince McMahon? Especially after the whole Bret Hart debacle. I can see Sting signing with them and joining the Hall of Fame but I just can't see how Sting ever wrestles.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If Sting signs for WWE, will they put him on NXT Season 5, with a name like Bawdy Steveson, where he'll be 'mentored' by someone like Tyler Reks?

Because, as Vince McMahon always tells us, if you've never been on WWE, you've never actually achieved anything, and you need to be trained from scratch by a real professional...

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Sting has made it clear that he will NEVER work for the WWE. I respect his decision, Vince killed professional wrestling.
If Vince killed professional wrestling, Jarrett raped its' corpse.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
As much I would want to see Sting in WWE, I just cannot see it happening, at least in an in-ring sense. He's stated before that he didn't trust how Vince would use him, so why would Sting put his most likely final match, in the hands of Vince McMahon? Especially after the whole Bret Hart debacle. I can see Sting signing with them and joining the Hall of Fame but I just can't see how Sting ever wrestles.
He says he doesn't trust how Vince would use his character in the long run. Sting would be in it for one final match, I would assume anyway.

And the Bret Hart debacle? What Bret Hart debacle? WWE gave him way more than he deserved. The only "debacle" was Bret's performance outside of a Sharpshooter.

Also, bullshit to this "you've never accomplished anything" theory. Is that why WWE has guys who have never been in WWE in the Hall of Fame? Sting is a larger-than-life character, akin to The Undertaker. There is no way, absolutely no way, that Sting shows up being anything other than "the man, the myth, the legend." You people may have negativity towards Vince McMahon, but a theory like that is sheer stupidity.

·
Registered
592 Posts
There is a major difference between Bret and Sting. Bret can't have a good wrestling match anymore because of his health status, Sting still can.
But I agree with you most likely Sting does not trust Vince enough to let him book his final match, HOF is a different story.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Sorry, I should have stated that differently. I meant the debacle that was Bret Hart's Wrestlemania, not his guest hosting on RAW or anything like that, I thought that was well done.

·
Premium Member
10,891 Posts
I would love to see Sting in WWE. Would be amazing, especially if they get his Metallica theme back. TNA made him wrestle with a shoulder injury - fuck them.

oh god, the crow gimmick would be even better. All the kids would think that Taker is coming back when they play the returning vignettes. Then the last vignette the creepy little girls end with 'the man called sting'. The men all mtfo.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts