Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1338 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I remember they did some cool things with updates like upgrading entrances (Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in 2k15 I think, and also remember Kevin Owens champion entrance being updated in 2k16 or 17), so they can do this kind of stuff if they want. I guess they just don't want.
Trons, music, and entrances are really easy for them to update/add in; sometimes these entrances are already in the game's files, so it's not like it was because they care or something. As far as updating character models go after Mania, that's where it's crossing the line for them.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,431 Posts
Unless the E demanded to 2k/Yukes that the Fiend, the 24/7 title and anything else the past couple of months, then there's zero chance of their inclusion. It was around this time of year that Flair, Lynch and Banks debuted on that episode of Raw years back and they still didn't make 2k16. However it has been known for them to include things at the last very last second (Sin Cara in 2012 was a very late addition, and Samoa Joe in the DLC for 16, it was originally Bull Dempsey in the DLC pack with Los Matadores, Blake and Murphy).

My predictions for NXT:UK
Walter (DLC)
Fabian Aichner (DLC)
Marcel Barthel (DLC)
James Drake
Zack Gibson
Pete Dunne
Tyler Bate
Trent Seven
Rhea Ripley
Toni Storm
Danny Burch, Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar could also be listed under the UK banner.
Reckon Mark Andrews should be in. Some kid will hear that theme song and get an interest in NXT UK imo..

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
Reckon Mark Andrews should be in. Some kid will hear that theme song and get an interest in NXT UK imo..
I had him and Webster on my original list along with Gallus, but I think the UK roster offerings won't be that deep. I'd like those 5, Devlin and Jinny but I'm not holding my breath. 205/NXT/UK guys are still on different contracts to the main roster when it comes to the games. Doubt they'll ever be complete.

·
Team AEW
2,960 Posts
Trons, music, and entrances are really easy for them to update/add in; sometimes these entrances are already in the game's files, so it's not like it was because they care or something. As far as updating character models go after Mania, that's where it's crossing the line for them.
You would think so, but they were lazy to add "Burn It Down" to Seth's music in 2k18...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You would think so, but they were lazy to add "Burn It Down" to Seth's music in 2k18...
I think the reason for that is they weren't sure if WWE was keeping that in Seth's theme or not, because WWE was experimenting with it at the time and had other catch phrases recorded and in mind to use during Seth's theme. It was also during his feud with HHH, so it was speculated that it was just a temporary thing for the feud.

It was heavily rumored at the time that Seth was supposed to debut a completely new theme song by Downstait, but it never happened. So I kinda understand why it wasn't included for that game.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
First screenshot of WWE2k20 uploaded. Cover to be revealed August 5th

Not sure weather to put this here cause its about WWE or under video games but the first shot for 2k20 has been up today.

Kinda surprisingly its Bayley who they choose for this. I mean I know its about the womens revolution this year but I thought they would go for a bigger...star?

But the true honor is of course getting the cover for the year.

The reveal will be August 5th. Most likely it will be Becky Lynch. At least for the standard edition anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me for the gold edition of the game its Charlotte Flaire.

I actually really enjoyed last years game. The previous ones not so much. Looking foward to this year's

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/first-wwe-2k20-screenshots-released-ahead-of-imminent-reveal/

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Re: First screenshot of WWE2k20 uploaded. Cover to be revealed August 5th

I think the cover will be Roman. I'm shocked he hasn't already been on the cover.

·
C Mac G
5,965 Posts
Re: First screenshot of WWE2k20 uploaded. Cover to be revealed August 5th

I really wouldn't put Becky Lynch on the cover of the game. The majority of people that buy Videogames are men, and I don't think that Becky would attract the audience. Now I know there's that neckbeard subsect that would love it, but from a bigger picture, a Dad walking through the store looking for presents to buy his kid for the holidays, and see's a video game with Becky Lynch on the cover probably would probably be like "Oh my kid isn't going to like that. Comparatively, seeing someone like AJ or Lesnar on the cover makes a difference.

I think Reigns should be on the cover, he got legit mainstream exposure this year, is a part of a relatively big movie, and has been pretty over this year.

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I wonder if they'll still do the YouTubers event this year, they haven't left much leg room for anything this time around. Still wish the roster reveal was at Summerslam, rate they're going we'll get the reveal 2 days before launch. :lmao

·
Registered
935 Posts
I really wouldn't put Becky Lynch on the cover of the game. The majority of people that buy Videogames are men, and I don't think that Becky would attract the audience. Now I know there's that neckbeard subsect that would love it, but from a bigger picture, a Dad walking through the store looking for presents to buy his kid for the holidays, and see's a video game with Becky Lynch on the cover probably would probably be like "Oh my kid isn't going to like that. Comparatively, seeing someone like AJ or Lesnar on the cover makes a difference.

I think Reigns should be on the cover, he got legit mainstream exposure this year, is a part of a relatively big movie, and has been pretty over this year.
You're a great role model for your children. Any male who is less interested in playing a video game because a female is on the cover isn't much of a man. Talk about pathetic insecurity overload.

·
C Mac G
5,965 Posts
You're a great role model for your children. Any male who is less interested in playing a video game because a female is on the cover isn't much of a man. Talk about pathetic insecurity overload.
I don't have children, but I would fully expect a dad to think "My kids a WWE fan, maybe I should get him the WWE game", goes to the store to decide what game to buy, and sees one game like Borderlands 3, and one game with Becky Lynch on the cover. He's going with Borderlands 3 with the thinking "That's the game my kids gonna like more".

Now if Roman Reigns is on the cover, it could be a different story, I fully believe that.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

:beckylol

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I can't imagine the cover going to anybody but The Man this year. Especially if the Women's Revolution Showcase is correct.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,274 Posts
I don't have children, but I would fully expect a dad to think "My kids a WWE fan, maybe I should get him the WWE game", goes to the store to decide what game to buy, and sees one game like Borderlands 3, and one game with Becky Lynch on the cover. He's going with Borderlands 3 with the thinking "That's the game my kids gonna like more".

Now if Roman Reigns is on the cover, it could be a different story, I fully believe that.
Did you forget that guy players buy Tomb Raider games and that game has a female on the cover for 2 decades?

161 - 180 of 1338 Posts