Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1338 Posts

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Wouldn't make much difference. They'd still use the same face model for all 22 Flairs :lmao

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Posted it in the 2k19 thread, probably better in here.

New folks that have been scanned (some were scanned at Evolution, November, January & WM Axxess). Also note this doesn't necessarily mean they'll be in the game.

Aliyah (scanned in 2017)
Amir Jordan
Babatunde
Buddy Murphy
Danny Burch
Dave Mastiff
Deonna Purrazzo
Dominik Dijakovic
Eddie Dennis
Eric Bugenhagen
Fabian Aichner
Flash Morgan Webster
Hulk Hogan
Humberto Carrillo
Honky Tonk Man
Io Shirai
Isla Dawn
James Drake
Jaxson Ryker
Jessamyn Duke
Jerry Lawler
Jinny
Joe Coffey
Jordan Devlin
Joseph Conners
Kacy Catanzaro
Kavita Devi
Keith Lee
Killer Kelly
Kona Reeves
Kushida
Ligero
Marcel Barthel
Maria Kanellis (wasn't scanned for 2k19)
Marina Shafir
Mark Andrews
Mark Coffey
Matt Riddle
Mia Yim
Piper Niven
Punishment Martinez
Raul Mendoza
Reina Gonzalez
Rhea Ripley
Riddick Moss (scanned in 2017)
Samuel Shaw
Steve Cutler
Taynara Conti
Tino Sabbatelli (scanned in 2017)
Tommaso Ciampa
Toni Storm
Travis Banks
Trent Seven (scanned in 2017)
Trevor Lee
Vanessa Borne (scanned in 2017)
Walter
Wesley Blake
Wolfgang
Xia Li
Zack Gibson
Zelina Vega

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Any news on GM Mode? aka GOAT mode, needs to return. Universal mode is fucking trash. Give me a simple GM Mode like SDvsRaw 2006
We don't need a GM Mode, all we need is a really good Universe mode with ALOT more creative control, way more storylines/cutscenes, less bugs, and alot of replay value. I would actually be all for them scrapping MyCareer and putting 100% focus into Universe mode and making it amazing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
We don't need a GM Mode, all we need is a really good Universe mode with ALOT more creative control, way more storylines/cutscenes, less bugs, and alot of replay value. I would actually be all for them scrapping MyCareer and putting 100% focus into Universe mode and making it amazing.
Way I see it, they should keep it as Universe Mode and adds in the option to play it as you want and another one with limitations.

So you can play it as before, all cool and all or you can have a " challenge " mode where you have to choose a brand, do your draft, account for salaries and ratings, push who your boss want to push, wrestlers can be unhappy with their positions,... and it's Game Over if you get fired. Basically the same thing but with actual pressure on you

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Way I see it, they should keep it as Universe Mode and adds in the option to play it as you want and another one with limitations.

So you can play it as before, all cool and all or you can have a " challenge " mode where you have to choose a brand, do your draft, account for salaries and ratings, push who your boss want to push, wrestlers can be unhappy with their positions,... and it's Game Over if you get fired. Basically the same thing but with actual pressure on you
Hmm, the "challenge" mode sounds intriguing if done right. Perhaps just set it as a Universe Mode Option that you can turn on/off that allows the extra features. I think the salary idea would be a bit too complex, but ratings for your shows, who is in the spotlight, and wrestler satisfaction would be fun ideas. For example, if Universe Mode randomly sets Dolph Ziggler vs Curt Hawkins as the closing match of Raw, IRL that would be fucking awful. In Universe Mode, maybe they can see that that would be a weak closing match and it would give you poor ratings if you booked it like that.
If a wrestler hasn't been booked on your show in awhile, then maybe there can be some sort of 'moral' status bar or something that will be in the decline if they haven't been used, and they may 'quit' your show.

Universe Mode regardless better be a huge focus this year, but I have a feeling it will once again take a backseat to a Women's Showcase and Women's MyCareer mode if Becky is rumored to be on the cover. That will definitely be the focus this year.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Hope Towers comes back. Easy way to get VC for the MyPlayer character you make. More alternatives than having to play online is welcome by me.

Showcase is OK for a one and done. Kills a few hours, though there's always one match that makes you rip your hair out. Once you've got all the unlockables (which is a moot point with accelerator anyway) there's no point playing it again.

They don't care about Universe so why should I? Don't expect any improvements there.

My Player was actually fun last year, more of that please. And with Kirsch voicing Buzz again this year, we might actually have, shock horror... Continuity.

They can add all the fluff, but its all about how matches play and the roster for me. So as long as everyone of note makes it into the game and plays fine then I'm happy (I don't wanton end up using all 100 CAW slots for current guys!). I expect the odd glitch here and there, so wasn't much for me to moan.about there. Its when you go elsewhere in the game they are more abundant. And stuff like load screens, commentary and cut scenes.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
I don't think so, no. They've just introduced it on TV, I think they simply don't have time to develop some new things outside of what they've already planned.

If in 2k17 game they never featured any of the draft stuff (no new logos, arenas, etc), then new titles and other branding things are highly unlikely to be included at this point.

·
Banned
429 Posts
I don't think so, no. They've just introduced it on TV, I think they simply don't have time to develop some new things outside of what they've already planned.

If in 2k17 game they never featured any of the draft stuff (no new logos, arenas, etc), then new titles and other branding things are highly unlikely to be included at this point.
There's still about 5 months until the game comes out. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for them to put it in there.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
It won't be in there. Anything like that was finished months ago.

There's still about 5 months until the game comes out. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for them to put it in there.
Only things they do in those 5 months are promotion for the game (or lack thereof), change up any theme tunes and remove anybody that's gone from the company. Rest of the game is finished already. If anything they have part of their team working on 2k21 already.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Only things they do in those 5 months are promotion for the game (or lack thereof), change up any theme tunes and remove anybody that's gone from the company. Rest of the game is finished already. If anything they have part of their team working on 2k21 already.
Baffling thing is they won't even try to fix the upcoming glitches in the next 5 months.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Baffling thing is they won't even try to fix the upcoming glitches in the next 5 months.
Funniest part is they won't even know about them until the game is released and folks send in patch notes. Their usual excuse is, that they occur when it gets printed to disc. :lmao

Maybe if they didn't make the game on an old as fuck engine (2 decades old) which is beyond broken, then they wouldn't have this problem. I mean folks aren't asking for much, they just want a game that isn't broken. THQ would've kicked them up the backside where as 2k don't seem to care. I'm not including 13 in that about THQ because they knew they were a goner by then, and didn't give a fuck.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Funniest part is they won't even know about them until the game is released and folks send in patch notes. Their usual excuse is, that they occur when it gets printed to disc. :lmao

Maybe if they didn't make the game on an old as fuck engine (2 decades old) which is beyond broken, then they wouldn't have this problem. I mean folks aren't asking for much, they just want a game that isn't broken. THQ would've kicked them up the backside where as 2k don't seem to care. I'm not including 13 in that about THQ because they knew they were a goner by then, and didn't give a fuck.
But I thought there were some news last year that 2k demands wrestling games to be properly designed from this point on?

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
But I thought there were some news last year that 2k demands wrestling games to be properly designed from this point on?
They said they'd give it more focus. But they've said that exact same thing since 2k15 lol. Focus doesn't equal more cash or resources (Hunter decides the budget and such). And let's not forget it's still Yukes making the game, with Visual COncepts in charge of MyPlayer and Showcase. It's possible they phase out Yukes entirely over the coming years though.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Added Rhyno to the removed list. He will be leaving the company on the 17th July.

Updated list

Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho '00
Chris Jericho '10
Dean Ambrose
Goldust
Hideo Itami
Nick Miller
Rhyno
TJP
Tye Dillinger

41 - 60 of 1338 Posts