Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1338 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I really wish we could get a universe/gm mode hybrid. Dealing with disgruntled superstars, having ratings wars, signing free agents and booking guys to win in their hometowns was really cool.

On these next gen consoles im sure GM mode could be really expansive with things like fans turning on certain wrestlers if they’re being “pushed” to hard, people catching fire suddenly from having a series of good matches, or picking ways to debut new wrestlers. Ofcourse this probably wont happen in 2k20 but i’d love to see it down the line.

Another thing i wish they’d work on is crowd and wrestler reactions whenever something big like a title change or big kickout happens. Its terrible that there’s only a handful of title win reactions

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It isn't a leak. It's just commentary lines for when you choose Natalya or Charlotte and put them against each other. :lmao

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
They should make separate disc or section, one for main roster and the other is for NXT edition.

I also heard this is might be the last time 2K will become the "home" of WWE game, since theyy probably will focus on portfolio.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
They should make separate disc or section, one for main roster and the other is for NXT edition.

I also heard this is might be the last time 2K will become the "home" of WWE game, since theyy probably will focus on portfolio.
2k signed a 5 year deal in 2016. Meaning they'll be the "home" of WWE games into 2021 (2k22). So there's at least another two games after 2k20.

There's an option to extend the license for a further 5 years next year too.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,124 Posts
I like these simulator style wrestling games my one and only true gripe with them is the stupid kickout meter being near impossible to manage after you take a finisher no matter how damaged you are, I don't think it's fun losing a match that I know I shouldn't even be close to losing.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
I like these simulator style wrestling games my one and only true gripe with them is the stupid kickout meter being near impossible to manage after you take a finisher no matter how damaged you are, I don't think it's fun losing a match that I know I shouldn't even be close to losing.
If you take a finisher in a wrestling game , 90% of the time you should not be able to kick out of a pin.

It should be near impossible to kick out after a finisher, Its way too easy

That is the whole point of a finisher, its not supposed to be just some other move you can easily kick out of

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I thought it would be cool if the Women's Showcase had womens matches from the 80s and 90s, like the womens title match at the 1st Wrestlemania and Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano at Sumerslam '94

·
The Babyface of WF
12,124 Posts
If you take a finisher in a wrestling game , 90% of the time you should not be able to kick out of a pin.

It should be near impossible to kick out after a finisher, Its way too easy

That is the whole point of a finisher, its not supposed to be just some other move you can easily kick out of
It's when you have to hold the A button and then time it right after it's crazy.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
What I would love to see in this game is mixed tag team matches.
Mixed tag team championships would be interesting if they added mixed tag matches. And im sure im in the minority but intergender matches would be nice too seeing how much it worked on LU and with people like Brian Cage and Tessa Blanchard having decent matches with eachother on the indy circuit. WWE’s old school shareholders would probably have none of that though

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Any news on GM Mode? aka GOAT mode, needs to return. Universal mode is fucking trash. Give me a simple GM Mode like SDvsRaw 2006
There's no news on anything right now. Other than folks doing mo cap, scans and voice work. Anything is just speculation.

From past things though, 2k have no interest in modes THQ wanted/did. They wanted Universe removed until Hunter vetoed the idea.

Mixed tag team championships would be interesting if they added mixed tag matches. And im sure im in the minority but intergender matches would be nice too seeing how much it worked on LU and with people like Brian Cage and Tessa Blanchard having decent matches with eachother on the indy circuit. WWE’s old school shareholders would probably have none of that though
The game isn't about the Indy circuit, and you're right share holders won't let it happen. They removed the inferno match because they don't do them anymore. So I'm sure Batista bombing Alexa won't fly.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
There definitely should be a women's showcase of sorts. Becky Lynch on the cover too please.

I also am still hoping they master having 10 people on the screen at once so we finally get the Survivor Series matches, and shorter Rumbles too lol.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
There definitely should be a women's showcase of sorts. Becky Lynch on the cover too please.

I also am still hoping they master having 10 people on the screen at once so we finally get the Survivor Series matches, and shorter Rumbles too lol.
Becky or Roman will probably be on the cover. Unless they have an old school showcase mode for the cover star like with Austin a few years ago.

I miss having multiple cover stars. Roman, Seth, Becky & Charlotte, or something like that would be cool. Bryan would be cool too, but I doubt he'll get it.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If we end up with a women's showcase all we'll get is more duplicates of folks who don't need them. :lmao

21 - 40 of 1338 Posts