Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1338 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,074 Posts
Did you forget that guy players buy Tomb Raider games and that game has a female on the cover for 2 decades?
The last Tomb Raider game was incredibly disappointing from a sales standpoint, but I understand your point.

Still, Tomb Raider games hit a different demographic than the WWE games. A lot of kids are getting WWE games for the holidays, don't think that's the case with the Tomb Raider games.

For a more fair comparison, Ronda Rousey, who is without a doubt a bigger star than Rousey, was never on the cover of a UFC game alone, she was on the cover of UFC 2, but only alongside McGregor.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Think I’m gonna pass this year. I only got the game last year because I’m a Bryan mark and there hasn’t been talk of anything new or exciting changing this year. Just another in a long line of mediocre, cut and paste, WWe games.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Think I’m gonna pass this year. I only got the game last year because I’m a Bryan mark and there hasn’t been talk of anything new or exciting changing this year. Just another in a long line of mediocre, cut and paste, WWe games.
There hasn't been any news full stop. :lmao

I just thought the Brock shot was from last years game though tbh. So yep, doubt much has changed.

·
Team AEW
2,982 Posts
Well, here we go again. Let's see what they'll come up with.

I for one hope they won't ditch Universe. Or at least replace it with some equal mode, like Season.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
is it just me or does brock look really odd? its like they scanned his head and dropped it on to a generated body, the proportions of his arms and torso just don't look right.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
I don't have children, but I would fully expect a dad to think "My kids a WWE fan, maybe I should get him the WWE game", goes to the store to decide what game to buy, and sees one game like Borderlands 3, and one game with Becky Lynch on the cover. He's going with Borderlands 3 with the thinking "That's the game my kids gonna like more".

Now if Roman Reigns is on the cover, it could be a different story, I fully believe that.
I don't get this logic. So the dad goes to the store knowing their kid is a WWE fan, but rather than buying them the only available new WWE game because there is a woman on the cover, the Dad takes a punt on Borderlands 3 because of a brightly coloured cover with a cartoony male bandit in a gas mask on it?

But if Roman is on the cover it would be a different story? Bizarre logic my man.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
is it just me or does brock look really odd? its like they scanned his head and dropped it on to a generated body, the proportions of his arms and torso just don't look right.
The scans don't end up in the game. Yukes use the scans provided by 2k as a guide then design them digitally based from it. They've always had a problem recreating the models (in some cases). Proportions and heights have always been a problem.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
The scans don't end up in the game. Yukes use the scans provided by 2k as a guide then design them digitally based from it. They've always had a problem recreating the models (in some cases). Proportions and heights have always been a problem.
call me an idiot (I don't have any real knowledge on game design) but what is the point in the scans then? the models in the fifa games etc are far superior. Even the models in other 2k titles are much more respectable than the wwe series.

I get that the scan will provide and accurate reference but its clearly not the amazing if they are still having issues replicating the real thing. If youve got a scan of the person then it should be a fairly quick copy paste job within the modelling software.

I always assumed that the scans did in fact end up in the game in some form because that was the whole point of them, provide greater detail whilst cutting down on design time.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #189 (Edited)
call me an idiot (I don't have any real knowledge on game design) but what is the point in the scans then? the models in the fifa games etc are far superior. Even the models in other 2k titles are much more respectable than the wwe series.

I get that the scan will provide and accurate reference but its clearly not the amazing if they are still having issues replicating the real thing. If youve got a scan of the person then it should be a fairly quick copy paste job within the modelling software.

I always assumed that the scans did in fact end up in the game in some form because that was the whole point of them, provide greater detail whilst cutting down on design time.
With a scan they get a full 3-D image of the entire body, instead of dozens of photos from different angles. In theory it's meant to make them more realistic, but this is Yukes we're talking about. Half assed it for a decade now. The women in particular have always looked off in one way or another. And of course they don't get scans of all the legends so they end up way off (see Sycho Sid)

Here's the 3D model of Styles from 2k18 they made using the scan as a guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
If Yukes are trash, and have been, why do WWE continue to do business with them on these games?

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
There hasn't been any news full stop. :lmao

I just thought the Brock shot was from last years game though tbh. So yep, doubt much has changed.
I don’t keep up with these things but seems like there’s usually news by this point.

Really I was going on what we’ve seen the last few years.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #193 (Edited)
If Yukes are trash, and have been, why do WWE continue to do business with them on these games?
Because it's Yukes engine.

The games are still turning a profit (making the money doesn't mean they're good) until they don't then WWE are kept happy.

It's not as easy as just jumping to another developer, they'd have to start from scratch on an engine and for a company that wants a game released every year, it's just easier to leave it in the hands of a company they've worked with for 20 years.

I don’t keep up with these things but seems like there’s usually news by this point.

Really I was going on what we’ve seen the last few years.
Yeah usually we've had launch cover, pre order trailers, collectors edition trailer by now. But first bit of 2k20 news is on Monday this year. With a cover reveal and first trailer. I miss THQ, we would be having the roster reveal Summerslam weekend if they were still around. :lmao

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Their biggest day one launch ever could literally be showing the preorder bonus at the end of the trailer. :lmao

They've always presented the cover star as the only thing first, not that it's big news.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
Already been posted.

I think 2k/Yukes have got a fetish for showing screenshots of peoples asses. It doesn't really show off the model at all. We wanna see the front. Bayley's inflatables are facing the wrong way too. :lmao

181 - 200 of 1338 Posts