Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Banned
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a number of small changes needed in this years WWE games that could on a whole make the experience far, far more enjoyable. These are some of the things I think NEED to happen and that the WWE gaming community need to pres 2K on.

1. FINALLY make it so that custom entrance themes are automatically set to the same volume as on disc themes and automatically get the arena effect. This really, really shouldn't be a lot to ask and would save people a lot of time and frustration.

2. Sort out those f**king CC servers once and for all.

3. Speed up the gameplay slightly, simple as. It's too slow and makes it feel unresponsive and low intensity.

4. Re-record the commentary, it's simply not acceptable. Not only do Cole and King sound like they've got their eyes glued to a script and are devoid of any sort of passion, but the actual script is awful as well. New, better commentary would make a huge difference to the atmosphere in game the same way the new crowd noises did in WWE '13.

5. Different levels of entrance pops. By this I mean rather than just "Boo" and "Cheer" have something like a 5 tier system - Strong Boo, Boo, Indifferent, Cheer, Mega cheer etc.

6. Make all on disc content available. During Attitude Era mode both Stone Cold and The Rock's themes change, yet you can't select both for their entrances. If it's on the disc, let us use it.

That's all that hits me off the top of my head atm, but what realistic (things that really shouldn't be too much to ask) changes would you like to see in WWE 2K14?

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. More realistic commentary would be nice.

2. Please let me be able to play an online match without wanting to bash myself in the head with a brick.

3. Graphical improvements, like ropes which actually act like ropes, would be welcomed too.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Better online service (both gameplay and downloading)

Better crowd graphics / More crowd models

To be honest I could live with everything else these are probably the only two things I'd want improving.

·
THE BIG DAWG
1,603 Posts
New weapons
Backstage Brawls
Custom Championship entrances
Better Audio
Ps3 frame rate fix
A full current roster with about 4 legends
better online service
new matches
Improved universe mode

I would be happy if any of these got in the new game.

·
Registered
114 Posts
1. A more complete current roster without sacrificing all of the classic ones they put in.
2. Better servers to play on and less freezing on the online loading screen.
3. Entirely revamped commentary.
4. Kind of want a career mode in addition to universe. It might be nostalgia, but I sort of miss that in RAW 2 for the XBox.
5. More choice over how to interfere in matches.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Either fix a lot of shit wrong with Universe mode, so much shit that I'm not going to go into details as I've already posted on the 2K forums. And if not that, scrap it and make a never ending story mode where we can pick our superstar or caw and play through it, and also play the other matches so everyones happy.

·
Banned
200 Posts
The game just isn't fun from a gameplay perspective for me. The entire system is predicated on initiating grapples first and being able to counter. When the AI is never/rarely aggressive it makes the game WAY TOO EASY and not fun at all. Every match plays the same weather you're playing as a giant like Big Show or luchador like Sin Cara. There's no different styles or techniques that makes playing as either feel truly different. And if you wanted to sim in WWE 13 (not my thing personally but a lot of people do that stuff) the AI always goes for that OMG moment which gets old really fast.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
I won't buy it till we can pick & choose announcers.

Cole is the worst announcer of all time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hctp was great u hit a guy with the f5 and he was gonna be down for a while also cole is terrible the commentary horrible
Yeah commentary should be so easy. Certain buttons do certain moves so there's no reason they can't have some sort of set commentary where a guy goes for a suplex and the announcers announce either a suplex or that the suplex got reversed. And they need to actually sound emotional. Not this "oh my" crap from Cole. And kickouts after a 2 count should be like "Did he kickout?! I think ____ kicked out!" "I think you're right Cole!"

·
Stay Fearless
7,379 Posts
I agree with the OP 100%, especially at 4 and 5. They also need to have more than 6 people in a ring at a time. Sucks cuz its lame for Survivor Series PPV is only 3 on 3. And the rumble only as 6 people at a time. It may be hard to do with a more crowed ring but i think they could make it work.

·
Registered
769 Posts
More cinematics in universe mode
Better commentary
Bring back a story mode I still can't believe a thing like madden moments was the main selling point for WWE 13

Sent from my ADR6350 using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree with the OP 100%, especially at 4 and 5. They also need to have more than 6 people in a ring at a time. Sucks cuz its lame for Survivor Series PPV is only 3 on 3. And the rumble only as 6 people at a time. It may be hard to do with a more crowed ring but i think they could make it work.
I read that exact question someone sent Cory Ledesma, and he said that because of the fact that every wrestler is their own individual model (NFL, NHL are all the same models) that in order to add more wrestlers to a match, the graphics would have to get worse. And he said any more than 6 wrestlers is too hectic, which is kind of BS when it comes to Elimination Tag matches or a Money in the Bank ladder match where 2 guys are probably fighting on a ladder, 4 in the ring brawling and another 2 outside the ring or something. It's only hectic inside the ring.

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
I pretty much agree with everything the OP said except for #3. The gameplay is already fast enough, and making it faster would make the game a bit unrealistic. What they should focus on in 2K14 is polishing up the bugs that were in WWE 13 to provide a more natural gameplay experience. A engine change would be nice, but there isn't enough time for them to do it. 2K15 would be the ideal game to build a new engine. The WWE games have been using the same engine since the PS1 days.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
99.99% of my online opponents reversed *literally* every move I threw at them - either ALL these people found some way to cheat, or the system was far too easily exploitable. Either way, it made playing online the opposite of fun, and needs fixed.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts