Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading Supah Sheg's "WWE 2017: A Different Type of Brand Warfare", I was so excited at the thought of having a draft and booking shows alongside a partner. So here are the rules:

- The draft will take place with WrestleMania 31 as a reference. So every champion, roster member, and result and so forth from 31 and before are canon.

- There will be 25 male picks and 5 female picks. Tag teams and stables count as one pick for each member. So if The Usos are drafted, it's two picks. If a three man stable is drafted, it's three picks.

- Picks will be taken one at a time like it's GM Mode.

- Feel free to take anyone from NXT you'd like because it's gonna be ignored in this. Just RAW and Smackdown and PPVs matter.

- The PPV schedule will be like this:

Jan: Royal Rumble for SD/RAW

Feb: Fastlane for RAW

March: WrestleMania for SD/RAW

April: Extreme Rules for SD

May: Payback for RAW

June: Money in the Bank for SD with RAW members allowed in the MITB ladder match.

July: Battleground for RAW

August: Summerslam for SD/RAW

September: Night of Champions for SD

October: Hell in a Cell for RAW

November: Survivor Series for SD/RAW

December: TLC for SD

If there's anything else I need to make clear, just let me know! Hope y'all are interested in joining this fun game.

Updated after draft: if you wish to skip the draft and view the full roster, go to page 4

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hell yeah man. Since you're joining, you get your choice of brand and the first pick. Draft when you're ready

Also changing the first draft to 10 picks each to start with (tag and stables now equal one pick) and the rest will be negotiated amongst us in a supplemental draft

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok as a brand I will be taking Smackdown

My first draft pick is a man who shocked the world, a man who has made history and will forever be known in Wrestlemania history. My first draft pick is the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fair pick, but as the executive owner of Monday Night RAW, my first pick will be someone who's been a consistent threat to Seth Rollins throughout 2014 and 2015. He's a former Tag Team Champion, a multi-time Royal Rumble winner, a former 15 time world champion, and the new and reigning United States Champion. That's right, get your hands together for The Franchise of Monday Night RAW, JOHN CEEEEEEEENA!

RAW Pick 1: John Cena

Smackdown Pick 1: Seth Rollins

RAW Pick 2:

Smackdown Pick 2:

RAW Pick 3:

Smackdown Pick 3:

RAW Pick 4:

Smackdown Pick 4:

RAW Pick 5:

Smackdown Pick 5:

RAW Pick 6:

Smackdown Pick 6:

RAW Pick 7:

Smackdown Pick 7:

RAW Pick 8:

Smackdown Pick 8:

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I understand why you would go for John Cena, he is a proven wrestler but Smackdown is the brand which showcases the future, we give opportunities to those who deserve them. My next pick is a force, a family who showed that when focused, everyone in their way will be destroyed. Their leader, a man who fought against a legend at Wrestlemania and he proved he is the new Face of Fear. He is the man who has fought against John Cena and showed him there is a monster inside all of us. That is why Smackdown's second draft pick is The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I understand why you would go for John Cena, he is a proven wrestler but Smackdown is the brand which showcases the future, we give opportunities to those who deserve them. My next pick is a force, a family who showed that when focused, everyone in their way will be destroyed. Their leader, a man who fought against a legend at Wrestlemania and he proved he is the new Face of Fear. He is the man who has fought against John Cena and showed him there is a monster inside all of us. That is why Smackdown's second draft pick is The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)

The Wyatt Family? They're dangerous, creepy, sadistic, cruel, and they have all the power to do whatever they want when they want. However, they don't have the power of the people. This man does. He's a former United States Champion, a former Tag Team Champion, a former World Champion and Wrestlemania main eventer. He may have anger management issues, but when he steps out to the adulation of the crowd, everybody yells YES! My second draft pick for Monday Night RAW is the Intercontinental Champion, Daniel Bryan!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I spoke about the future, people who need to prove themselves. Daniel Bryan fought hard but he has already proven himself. With the Wyatt Family already on Smackdown, it is a dark and ruthless place. We need something to balance that out and that is why my next pick is going to bring the positivity we need to Smackdown. Everybody join me as I do this, New Day Rocks, New Day Rocks. Smackdown's third pick is The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The future is key to a company's survival. You've taken that to heart with your phenomenal picks. However, the women of an organization are just as important as the men. Currently, the division is in a slump. However, I plan on reviving the division and taking it to new heights. That is why I am proud to announce that the third draft pick of Monday Night RAW is the former NXT Womens Champion and former 2x Divas Champion, PAIGE!

RAW Pick 2: Daniel Bryan

Smackdown Pick 2: The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan)

RAW Pick 3: Paige

Smackdown Pick 3: The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Big E, and Xavier Woods)

RAW Pick 4:

Smackdown Pick 4:

RAW Pick 5:

Smackdown Pick 5:

RAW Pick 6:

Smackdown Pick 6:

RAW Pick 7:

Smackdown Pick 7:

RAW Pick 8:

Smackdown Pick 8:

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree. The Women's Division should be as important as that of the men. Paige has been one of those women who has pushed the envelope but again you are looking at the present crop of wrestlers. What you forgot is that there are a group of wrestlers, men, and women fighting for a chance in NXT. That is why Smackdown's fourth pick and the first woman of the brand is a former NXT Women's Champion, a woman who is Genetically Superior and is continuing the legacy of her family, Charlotte Flair.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You made a brilliant move using our NXT talent which is why I would like to do the same for my next pick. You may have chosen someone who is Genetically Superior with all the Flair in the world, but you don't quite have a Prizefighter. My pick is fairly new to the scene but was able to win the NXT Championship only 3 months after his debut. For RAW's fourth draft pick, it is my pleasure to welcome the NXT Champion Kevin Owens to the red brand!

RAW Pick 4: Kevin Owens

Smackdown Pick 4:Charlotte Flair

RAW Pick 5:

Smackdown Pick 5:

RAW Pick 6:

Smackdown Pick 6:

RAW Pick 7:

Smackdown Pick 7:

RAW Pick 8:

Smackdown Pick 8:

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I cannot say I am happy about that pick because I had my sights on Kevin Owens but good luck with him. NXT is a full of main event talent waiting for their shot and they will get their shot with me. My fifth pick is a man who has traveled and fought all over the world. He has proved himself to be a leader forming teams around him and he can be truly a force. My pick is The Demon Finn Balor .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was excited to have a Demon on my roster, but let me show you one even better. He may not be fueled by face paint and body art, but my next pick is fueled by animalistic rage and domination. With the help of his advocate, my next pick ended The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania, conquered John Cena at Summerslam, and held the WWE World Heavyweight Championship with an iron fist. Please join me in welcoming the fifth member of Monday Night RAW, with the managerial services of Paul Heyman, BROOOOOOOOOOCK LESNAR!

RAW Pick 5: Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman

Smackdown Pick 5: Finn Balor

RAW Pick 6:

Smackdown Pick 6:

RAW Pick 7:

Smackdown Pick 7:

RAW Pick 8:

Smackdown Pick 8:

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is easy to talk about ruthless wrestlers. Men with aggression and there is one man who may have lost his way slightly but I will give him all the opportunities in the world to show how much of a monster he is. But the good thing about it is that he does not come alone. My sixth draft pick is Rusev with his beautiful wife and manager Lana .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've talked about demons, beasts, and brutes; but we haven't brought up the Big Dog in the fight. My next draft pick is a former WWE Tag Team Champion, Royal Rumble winner, a former member of The Shield, and the man who main evented WrestleMania with Brock Lesnar. My number 6 draft pick is Roman Reigns!

RAW Pick 6: Roman Reigns

Smackdown Pick 6: Rusev and Lana

RAW Pick 7:

Smackdown Pick 7:

RAW Pick 8:

Smackdown Pick 8:

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good Pick but when you have monsters, legends, people full of positivity you need an Underdog, a man full of heart who does not know how to give up. My next pick is also a former NXT Champion, SAMIIIIIIII ZAYN

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everybody loves an underdog, but they also love international representation and tag team wrestling. That's what they're going to get with my next pick. One hails from Calgary and one hails from Switzerland. They both have dominated the tag team division, and with the lovely Natalya by their side, they look to continue their winning ways on RAW. My 7th draft pick is the WWE Tag Team Champions; Cesaro and Tyson Kidd with Natalya

RAW Pick 7: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd with Natalya

Smackdown Pick 7: Sami Zayn

RAW Pick 8:

Smackdown Pick 8:

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Truly those two wrestlers have defined their division, they are trend setters but my next pick is also a trend setter. Someone who dictates her own path to greatness. Everyone knows who she is and her time is clearly now, my next pick is The Boss and the current NXT Women's Champion Sasha Banks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Speaking of setting trends, my next draft pick has made history as one of the greatest of all time. He was the youngest World Heavyweight Champion of all time, a 12 time World Champion, a WrestleMania main eventer, a former Intercontinental Champion, Tag Team Champion, and Royal Rumble winner. He will catch you off guard with an RKO and he will slither his way to victory. Ladies and gentlemen, RANDY ORTON!

RAW Pick 7: Cesaro and Tyson Kidd with Natalya

Smackdown Pick 7: Sami Zayn

RAW Pick 8: Randy Orton

Smackdown Pick 8: Sasha Banks

RAW Pick 9:

Smackdown Pick 9:

RAW Pick 10:

Smackdown Pick 10:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Smackdown is the brand where anyone with fire can make something of themselves. It is the land of opportunity and with Sasha Banks and Charlotte already on my brand, we need some fire now and that is why my next pick is Becky Lynch

1 - 20 of 36 Posts