Wrestling Forum banner

WWE 2011; Desolation Row

2495 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Bradley
WWE 2011- Desolation Row

Hey guys, I’m posting this a little later than I would have liked but this project has gone through many revisions and I just want to get something up that can motivate me to write even more. Nige putting up his new thread may make this seem like a carbon copy but, in truth, I intended to start this right after the Royal Rumble but I waited for the Elimination Chamber results instead.

Whilst the ‘Mania results haven’t dramatically changed from what is going to be the likely card there are still a few minor and major alterations that, obviously, will be addressed in the coming shows.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I will.

Elimination Chamber 2011

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber:
Edge def. Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, Kane, Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

#1 Contender to the WWE Championship- Elimination Chamber:
John Cena def. John Morrison, C.M. Punk, Alex Riley, King Sheamus, Randy Orton and R-Truth to face the WWE Champion at WrestleMania

WWE Championship:

The Miz def. Jerry Lawler to retain the WWE Championship

2011 Royal Rumble Winner Alberto Del Rio def. Kofi Kingston

WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Corre def. Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov to win the WWE Tag Team Championship

WrestleMania XXVII- Atlanta, Georgia, Georgia Dome:

World Heavyweight Championship:

Alberto Del Rio def. Edge and Christian in a Triple Threat Match to win the World Heavyweight Championship

After Christian helped Edge at Elimination Chamber, he defeated Del Rio on Smackdown to gain a place at WrestleMania but he ultimately came up short in his efforts, much to the chagrin of Edge.

WWE Championship:
The Miz def. John Cena to retain the WWE Championship

The Miz won via roll-up to see two heels go home as World Champions in a sombre day for the WWE Universe…
Nexus and The Corre Unite:
Wade Barrett and C.M. Punk def. Stone Cold and The Rock

…and it didn’t end there as the amalgamation of both the two greatest superstars in the history of the WWE and the two of the most powerful faction leaders led to Barrett and Punk gaining a huge win; can they now co-exist?

Return of the Game:
The Undertaker def. Triple H to go 19-0 at WrestleMania

Triple H wanted to avenge Shawn Michaels’ career by finally wiping out the career of The Undertaker but he didn’t have enough in the tank- strangely after the match The Undertaker disappeared before Triple H could shake hands with The Undertaker.

Money in the Bank:

Chavo Guerrero def. Kofi Kingston, The Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Randy Orton and John Morrison to obtain the Money In The Bank briefcase

Having gone on a month-long crusade as the ‘Real Guerrero’ he defeated 7 others including former WWE Champions Randy Orton and the Big Show along with recently reinstated Dolph Ziggler to take home the briefcase and, with it, a shot at a World Champion.

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Rey Mysterio & Daniel Bryan def. The Corre (Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel) to win the WWE Tag Team Championship

A real feel-good moment as two fan favourites united to stop the tirade of the Corre- although their battle may not be altogether over if The Corre unite with Nexus…

Divas’ Championship Handicap Match:
Eve def. Layla and Michelle McCool to retain the Divas’ Championship

Faced against insurmountable odds Eve retained due to interference from the legend Trish Stratus who fought off both of LayCool whilst the ref was out to help out Eve.

-RAW Roster-
General Manager: Anonymous
Commentators: Michael Cole and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler
Backstage Interviewer: Scott Stanford
Ring Announcer: Justin Roberts

-Champions-

WWE Champion: The Miz
U.S. Champion: Daniel Bryan
WWE Tag Team Champions: Rey Mysterio & Daniel Bryan
Divas’ Champion: Eve

-Male Roster-

Alex Riley
C.M. Punk
Daniel Bryan
Darren Young
David Hart Smith
David Otunga
Evan Bourne (injured)
Goldust (injured)
The Great Khali
Husky Harris
Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
John Cena
John Morrison
Mark Henry
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty
Michael Tarver
The Miz
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Skip Sheffield (injured)
Ted DiBiase
Triple H
Tyson Kidd
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

-Divas-

Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Eve
Gail Kim
Maryse
Melina
Natalya
Nikki Bella

-Stables/Tag Teams-
The New Nexus- C.M. Punk (leader), David Otunga, Husky Harris, Michael McGillicutty and Mason Ryan
The Usos- Jey and Jimmy Uso
The Bella Twins- Brie and Nikki Bella
Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella
The Miz and Alex Riley
Daniel Bryan & Rey Mysterio

-Smackdown Roster-

General Manager: Theodore Long
Commentators: Matt Striker, Josh Matthews and Booker T
Backstage Interviewer: Todd Grisham
Ring Announcer: Tony Chimel

-Champions-

World Heavyweight Champion: Alberto Del Rio
Intercontinental Champion: Kofi Kingston
WWE Tag Team Champions: Rey Mysterio & Daniel Bryan
Women’s Champion: Eve

-Male Roster-

Alberto Del Rio
The Big Show
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Ezekiel Jackson
Heath Slater
Jack Swagger
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kofi Kingston
Rey Mysterio
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
The Undertaker
Wade Barrett

-Divas-

Beth Phoenix
Kaitlin
Kelly Kelly
Layla
Michelle McCool
Rosa Mendes

-Stables/Tag Teams-

The Corre- Wade Barrett, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Ezekiel Jackson
Rey Mysterio & Daniel Bryan

PPV Schedule:

Extreme Rules- May 1st (Tampa, Florida)
Over The Limit- May 22nd (Seattle, Washington)
Fatal 4-Way- June 19th (Washington D.C)
Money in the Bank- July 17th (NY, New York)
Summerslam- August 14th (Los Angeles, California)

Reactions: 619IDH
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
Hmm, WrestleMania results are interesting, with a lot of big heel victories, particularly with the world titles and Nexus/Corre stuff. Chavo winning was certainly a surprise too, as was seeing Bryan and Mysterio as tag champs, so you've certainly got yourself a different starting base to the norm. Presentation and all of that looks good, but you've been around for some time, so you know what you're doing with that.

All in all, looks good and I hope you stick with it. Good luck.

· The One 'n' Only
804 Posts
WrestleMania results sure are interesting man, but they look good. I don't like Miz as champ though, I woulda liked to have Cena win. Barrett and Punk teaming up to beat two huge WWE Legends? That's odd too. As well as Chavo winning the MITB ladder match, guess he's going to get a push in this BTB.

Good luck!!

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Wrestlemania seems very interesting on the results, but as Dave said Punk and Barrett teaming together to beat SCSA and The Rock seems weird, Also I didn't like the Miz going out as Champion. Chavo winning he MITB seems very interesting, on how your going to book him going through the weeks. Interesting on how Orton is in the MITB. It looks like Orton is going to be pushed down the ranks in this MITB.

This BTB looks as if it has loads of potential. Good Luck! :)

· The Knight
2,085 Posts
Nice to see you back. I can see why you've gone for the WM matches you have, given when you started planning them, and other than OOOOH Chavo winning a MITB with Orton, Sheamus, Show, Morrison, Kingston and Ziggler as his opponents, I really like the results. I think logistically, it wouldn't have worked to have such a heel-heavy night at Mania, but from a booking standpoint, I like it. Especially loving the Punk/Barrett over SCSA/Rock, really cements the new generation in the WWE, and I look forward to seeing the Corre/Nexus situation move forward, hopefully with the involvement of guys like Sheffield or Tarver to spice things up. ADR and Miz as your young World Champs is fine by me, as is your choice in an exciting pair as tag champs.

Overall, this looks really good. I'll be reading and giving feedback, I look forward to it. Best of luck, Bradley.

· I'm A Hugger
9,936 Posts
I really hope you can stick with a thread, and hopefully this is the one.

Looking at the WrestleMania results, there were a few that jumped out. Miz retaining via a roll up on the biggest show of the year doesn't cut it for me. It's not what you want to see from a WrestleMania world title match. Miz/Cena was unappealing to me so that's why I made it a four-way, and I don't like either as WWE Champion. Tbh I'd prefer The Miz. The finish works for him and gives him a hell of a boost to beat Cena at Mania which some giants have failed to do.

The Rey & Bryan partnership seems very random, especially given the different brands at the start of it and that Bryan is United States Champion. I don't have a clue why Chavo Guerrero would be given the Money in the Bank, and the build up must have been rushed to say the least to justify it. The thought of Chavo as world champion doesn't exactly appeal either to me. Punk & Barrett's partnership is also odd, and like someone said, this does seem way too smarky.

Anyway, I do wish you the best of luck with this and you know I'll be reading, well until Chavo cashes in:D. Good luck Bradders!

· Registered
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Breaking News from wwe.com:
It seems that the anonymous RAW GM has more power than he is letting on. He has enabled The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin full power over RAW for one night only. This, obviously, means the duo, who were beaten last night by Wade Barrett and C.M. Punk will be in attendance. This power may be too tantalising to pass up on, especially with Extreme Rules looming...

The WWE draft has been set for May 2nd, 24 hours after Extreme Rules. Don't miss the 3-hour edition on the USA Network!​

Raw Preview:
Phillips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
April 4th 2011

'Don't Look Back, they will follow'

After last night's momentus WrestleMania at the Georgia Dome things may never be the same again in the WWE universe. The Miz did what many thought was impossible; to beat John Cena at WrestleMania took a massive effort as he has never been beaten one-on-one at the Grandest Stage of them All. Will Cena be looking for revenge tonight on Monday Night RAW? Judging by the way the match ended you can almost be certain that he will.

Another person who must feel aggrieved after Wrestlemania XXVII is 'The Game' Triple H after The Undertaker seemingly refused to shake the hand of the Cerebral Assassin. After Triple H sacrificed so much to get to WrestleMania it will certainly be interesting to see what he has to say tonight on Monday Night RAW.

Wade Barrett and Monday Night RAW's C.M. Punk did the unthinkable by defeating both The Rock and Stone Cold in tag-team action just 24 hours ago. This leads to an interesting quandary as both The Rock and Austin will be in attendance tonight with both having powers equating to a General Manager they could look to lay some smackdown on the leaders of The Nexus and The Corre. Most interestingly, however, was Punk and Barrett not wanting to kill each other in the middle of the ring- what do they have planned for tonight? Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan will also be defending their tag team titles against the same duo from The Corre as they invoked their rematch clause.

Two members from the Money in The Bank match will also be at the Phillips Arena but they had opposing nights in terms of success. Randy Orton ultimately came up short to Smackdown superstar Chavo Guerrero. 'The Real Guerrero' has been nothing short of smug lately but will he cash in his briefcase tonight or is he just here to gloat?

Confirmed Matches for Monday Night RAW:

WWE Tag Team Title- Rey Mysterio & Daniel Bryan vs. Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel (The Corre)

Non-Title Match- Eve vs. Layla

Austin and Rock's match against Barrett and Punk may seem 'smarky' but I'm trying to create my own WWE and it definitely has an end product. Expect the show up around the end of the week.[/FONT][/FONT]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.