Wrestling Forum banner

WWE 2006 by DaveTheJags

1938 Views 15 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  DTJ
Yeah all, I'm back, and hopefully this time this BTB will stay. I've had many threads that I thought I liked, but they all turned to crap. Dunno when my last thread ended.

This time, I'm here with a 2006 thread.

The time is December 31st, 2005. Vince McMahon is standing in front of a podium, with his wife Linda behind him and his two children, Shane and Stephanie beside him. He clears his throat and looks out into the sea of news people.

Vince:
It is a very sad day indeed. Today is the day that I must retire from the World Wrestling Entertainment. I gave it all I had, but my health is not doing that great right now. I am afraid that I must relinquish my spot as the Owner and Chairman of the WWE. No fear to anyone, however, as the WWE has been bought out, so at least you all get to see the WWE again.

Vince gets teary eyed. He steps away from the microphone and Shane quickly steps in front of it.

Shane:
Yes, the WWE has been bought out. Now, the buyer of the WWE is a man from New York City, New York. His name is David Strong, and after his dad died he got left a large sum of money. He is the only child, and his mother had already passed away, so he got all the inheratents. So at this moment, I’d like you all to meet, David Strong.

A tall man standing at 6’4” steps out onto the stage. The man has a blonde hair and it is in a faux hawk. He is wearing a navy blue business suit. He steps in front of the podium and shakes hands with Shane McMahon. He then begins to talk.

David:
At a very young age I lost my mother to cancer. I was living in Rochester, New York at the time. This left my father and me all alone. Now, my father was an avid wrestling fan, so of course, he and I would watch it together. At first, I didn’t like it too much. One match, however, changed everything for me. I was sitting at home, watching, and I saw the match of Andre The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 3. Hulk Hogan was my favorite wrestler, so I as soon as I saw him body slam Andre, I cheered for him, and thus, my love for wrestling started. My father and I continued to watch wrestling, and I was even one of the 20,000 people in attendance to see ‘The Rabid Wolverine’ Chris Benoit defeat ‘The Game’ Triple H and ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels to win the World Heavyweight Championship. Then, unfortunately, later that year my dad had a stroke. My dad and I could no longer watch wrestling together, he was in way too much pain and was bed-ridden. I still, however, was watching wrestling. Me, sitting there at 24 years old, still watching wrestling. Pathetic, right? No, it really wasn’t. Because less than two years later I would become the owner of the biggest wrestling conglomerate in history! My father passed away in August of 2005, leaving me close to ¾ of a billion dollars. I thought for a while of what I wanted to do with it, and then I finally decided, that after Vince McMahon announced to the wrestling world that he was in poor health. I decided that I would buy the WWE, and that is exactly what I have done. So, without further ado, let me tell you all, my plan for this new WWE. First, every champion in the federation will be stripped of their titles. I am doing this because I want the WWE to start off new. All the people in the WWE will also be stripped of their brands. I will also be letting go of “useless” talent and I will be bringing in ex-wwe stars and wrestlers from TNA to fight in the WWE.

David smiles a bit as he straightens his tie.

David:
Check WWE.Com in the coming days to see just what happens with the WWE; I promise that none of you will be disappointed. Oh, one last thing. Also, one last word to the McMahons. I hear that you all want to step down from your positions?

Shane, Steph and Linda all nod. David frowns.

David:
What a shame, I wanted to ask favors of each of you. Linda, I wanted to ask you to become co-owner of the WWE. I am still pretty young, and I would like some help in owning the WWE. Shane and Steph, I would like to ask you to become General Managers of Raw and Smackdown respectively. And finally Vince, I know you’re in poor health, but you CREATED the WWE. I don’t want you to be out completely, I would like to ask you to accept the role of Vice President and CEO of the WWE.

The McMahons all think. They then all, finally, agree to the positions that were offered to them.

David:
Thank you all so much. I know that the no one wants to see all the McMahons complete out of the WWE!

David smiles.

David:
This is going to be coming to a close now, but I’d like to remind everyone to check out WWE.Com in the coming days to see who ends up on Raw and who ends up on Smackdown!

OOC: I will be posting results for RR, NWO, and WM and then I’ll actually start my booking there.

Well, theres yet another opening post.

DaveTheJags Presents: WWE 2006

WWE Raw:
General Manager: Shane McMahon
Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
Backstage Interviewer: Todd Grisham
Ring Announcer: Lillian Garcia

WWE Raw Male Roster:
Big Show
Bobby Lashley
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
Danny Basham
Doug Basham
Edge
Goldberg
Gregory Helms
Hardcore Holly
Jeff Hardy
John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield
JTG
Kurt Angle
Lance Cade
Matt Hardy
Rey Mysterio
Rhyno
Ric Flair
Shad
Shawn Michaels
The Rock
Tommy Dreamer
Trevor Murdoch

WWE Raw Female Roster:
Candice Michelle
Kelly Kelly
Lita
Maria Kanellis
Mickie James
Victoria

Champions:
World Heavyweight Championship: Shawn Michaels
Intercontinental Championship: Christian
World Tag Team Championship: The ******* Wreckin' Crew

WWE Smackdown:
General Manager: Stephanie McMahon
Announcers: Michael Cole and Tazz
Backstage Interviewer: Joey Mathews
Ring Announcer: Tony Chimel

WWE Smackdown Male Roster:
Batista
Brian Kendrick
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray Dudley
Carlito
Charlie Haas
Chris Masters
CM Punk
D-Von Dudley
Joey Mercury
John Cena
Johnny Nitro
Kane
Kevin Thorn
Marcus Cor Von
Mark Henry
Mr. Kennedy
MVP
Paul London
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rob Van Dam
Shelton Benjamin
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Undertaker
Triple H

WWE Smackdown Female Roster:
Ariel
Ashley Massaro
Christy Hemme
Gail Kim
Melina
Trish Stratus

Champions:
WWE Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin
United States Championship: Kane
WWE Tag Team Championship: Londrick
Mr. Money In The Bank: Marcus Cor Von

Pay Per View Schedule:
Backlash: April 30th, 2006 | Rupp Arena; Lexington, Kentucky
Judgment Day: May 21st, 2006 | US Airways Center; Phoenix, Arizona
One Night Stand: June 11th, 2006 | Hammerstein Ballroom; New York, New York
Vengeance: June 25th, 2006 | Charlotte Bobcats Arena; Charlotte, North Carolina
The Great American Bash: July 23rd, 2006 | Conseco Fieldhouse; Indianapolis, Indiana
SummerSlam: August 20th, 2006 | TD Banknorth Garden; Boston, Massachusetts
Unforgiven: September 17th, 2006 | Air Canada Centre; Toronto, Ontario
No Mercy: October 8th, 2006 | RBC Center; Raleigh, North Carolina
Cyber Sunday: November 5th, 2006 | US Bank Arena; Cincinnati, Ohio
Survivor Series: November 26th, 2006 | Wachovia Center; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Armageddon: December 17th, 2006 | Richmond Coliseum; Richmond, Virginia
New Year’s Revolution: January 7th, 2007 | Kemper Arena; Kansas City, Missouri
Royal Rumble: January 28th, 2007 | AT&T Center; San Antonio, Texas
No Way Out: February 18th, 2007 | Staples Center; Los Angeles, California
WrestleMania 23: April 1st, 2007 | Ford Field; Detroit, Michigan
Backlash: April 29th, 2007 | Philips Arena; Atlanta, Georgia
Judgment Day: May 20th, 2007 | Scottrade Center; St. Louis, Missouri
One Night Stand: June 3rd, 2007 | Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena; Jacksonville Florida​
Reactions: NasJayz
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
2,833 Posts
You seemed to have put some effort into the backstory and stuff so good job. I don't like the titles being vacated because your shows will be the same until champions are crowned. Anyway good luck with this.

· The One 'n' Only
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The BTB starts off with three PPV recaps, The Royal Rumble, No Way Out, and WrestleMania 22. So, I will actually start my shows after all my champions have been decided.

Thanks for the feedback though! Btw, yea, I spent like 2.5 hours on the backstory trying to think of an actual decent one haha.

· The One 'n' Only
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WWE 2006 Royal Rumble:

United States Championship:
Kane defeated Kevin Thorn and Rob Van Dam to win the United States Championship by pinning Kevin Thorn @ 15:48

Intercontinental Championship:
Christian defeated Gregory Helms and Tommy Dreamer to win the Intercontinental Championship by pinning Gregory Helms after an UnPrettier @ 13:03

WWE Championship:
Triple H defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena and Brock Lesnar to win the WWE Championship by pinning John Cena after a Pedigree @ 17:29

World Heavyweight Championship:
Shawn Michaels defeated The Rock, Edge and Chris Jericho to win the World Heavyweight Championship by pinning Edge @ 19:57

2006 Royal Rumble Contest:
Entries:
1) Rey Mysterio
2) Chris Benoit
3) Mr. Kennedy
4) Lance Cade
5) Johnny Nitro
6) Randy Orton
7) Rhyno
8) Finlay
9) MVP
10) Big Show
11) Joey Mercury
12) Batista
13) Ric Flair
14) Chavo Guerrero
15) John Bradshaw Layfield
16) Goldberg
17) Brian Kendrick
18) Jeff Hardy
19) CM Punk
20) Trevor Murdoch
21) Paul London
22) Marcus Cor Von
23) Mark Henry
24) Matt Hardy
25) Chris Masters
26) Kurt Angle
27) Bobby Lashley
28) Hardcore Holly
29) Carlito
30) The Undertaker

Eliminations:
1) Lance Cade by Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit
2) Rhyno by Randy Orton
3) Ric Flair by Mr. Kennedy
4) Johnny Nitro by Finlay
5) Finlay by Joey Mercury
6) Joey Mercury by Batista
7) MVP by John Bradshaw Layfield
8) Big Show by Marcus Cor Von
9) Chavo Guerrero by Marcus Cor Von
10) Brian Kendrick by Jeff Hardy
11) Paul London by Bobby Lashley
12) Trevor Murdoch by Hardcore Holly
13) Chris Masters by The Undertaker
14) Matt Hardy by Marcus Cor Von
15) John Bradshaw Layfield by Chris Benoit
16) The Undertaker by Randy Orton
17) Carlito by Mark Henry
18) Hardcore Holly by Goldberg
19) Bobby Lashley by Randy Orton
20) Goldberg by Mr. Kennedy
21) Batista by Marcus Cor Von
22) Jeff Hardy by CM Punk
23) CM Punk by Kurt Angle
24) Mark Henry by Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit
25) Mr. Kennedy by Marcus Cor Von
26) Kurt Angle by Marcus Cor Von
27) Marcus Cor Von byRandy Orton
28) Randy Orton by Chris Benoit
29) Chris Benoit by Rey Mysterio
Winner: Rey Mysterio

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
The rosters look great, and all the Rumble matches looked great, I can't wait till you start your first show. Interesting on how you kept in Marcus Cor Von for so long and had him eliminate most of the big stars, hopefully it leads to a push that he should've gotten in 2006.

· The One 'n' Only
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to get this thing rolling a bit more, so I'll post the No Way Out results. I won't be posting many shows, since I am still in school, but I'll try my best to get things up as fast as I can.

WWE 2006 No Way Out Results:

WWE Tag Team Championship:
The Dudley Boyz defeated MNM to win the WWE Tag Team Championships by pinning Joey Mercury after a 3D @ 13:22

Randy Orton defeated The Undetaker by pinning him after a RKO @ 19:49

Kane © defeated Kevin Thorn to retain the United States Championship by pinning him after a Chokeslam @ 8:03

Elimination Chamber for #1 Contendership for WWE Championship:
Entry Orders:
Beginning: Batista and Marcus Cor Von
5 Minutes: Rob Van Dam
10 Minutes: John Cena
15 Minutes: Brock Lesnar
20 Minutes: Mark Henry

Elimination Order:
1) Batista by Marcus Cor Von
2) John Cena by Marcus Cor Von
3) Marcus Cor Von by Brock Lesnar
4) Mark Henry by Rob Van Dam
5) Brock Lesnar by Rob Van Dam
Rob Van Dam wins the Elimination Chamber and will be facing the WWE Champion at WrestleMania by pinning Brock Lesnar after a 5 Star Frog Splash @ 32:59

CM Punk defeated Mr. Kennedy by making him tap with the Anaconda Vice @ 14:00

World’s Greatest Tag Team defeated Londrick by pinning Paul London after a T-Bone Suplex @ 12:44

WWE Championship:
Triple H defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin to retain the WWE Championship by pinning him after a Pedigree @ 25:11​

· lyfe
18,643 Posts
Considering you're starting out in such a great time period, I'm a little disappointed that you cut a bunch of people and then brought in some other people. My other concern is that the rosters seemed fairly stacked so it will be interesting to see how you deal with that.

But I wish you the best of luck :)

· HEY YO
5,370 Posts
Honestly, I don't really see the point of the backstory. You could have just went with the simple WWE hires new booker, or you don't even really need a backstory. It seems like you wrote a whole lot of something for a whole lot of nothing, imo.

Anyway, a lot of WWE 2006 threads seem to get started around these parts, simply because of how awesome the rosters were. With that being said, I've absolutely no idea why you would use some of the guys you've brought it.

It's your BTB though, and I've never read any of your stuff before, so if you can churn out some good shows you'll have me sold.

The results look like they might have made for good shows, but no backstory for the matches means we're going to have no idea what's happened in the past three months when you start writing shows. Not sure I'm a fan of that either.

Good luck.

· hello
21,386 Posts
Fuck what these realism loving ********** are saying, this is BTB and guys like Rock, Austin, Goldberg, Lesnar and Jericho all own and instantly make the rosters look much more amazing, I never found this period to be as good as some hype it up to be, but you have some awesome looking rosters to work with. Liking the NWO results apart from the fact the Elimination Chamber only lasted 32 mins? That's WEAK, making the most brutal match the E has so short is poor imo, but apart from that, with those main eventers back and some good additions to the mid card and tag division too, I'm looking forward to see what you can do.

Gotta say I didn't like the backstory at all, I hate seeing bookers write themselves into BTB, but whatever, aslong as you don't feature on RAW and SmackDown! cutting promos and all that, it's cool.

· The One 'n' Only
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, I was going to give up on this BTB haha, but I'm going to go back on with this. It's going to take a day or so to get my WrestleMania results up, but then it's going to take a while for shows to be up, but they WILL be coming! It'll just be a while.

I'm probably going to try to write this out in full, so it'll be a long time before I get WrestleMania up. I just wanted to post this. Look for WrestleMania in the future, no idea when, but it'll be up!
WrestleMania 22-

Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Marcus Cor Von vs. CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Ric Flair vs. Edge
Marcus Cor Von defeated MVP to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.
CM Punk defeated Mark Henry to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.
Johnny Nitro defeated Rob Van Dam to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.
Shelton Benjamin defeated Charlie Haas to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.
Christian defeated Jeff Hardy to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.
Hardcore Holly teamed with Ric Flair to defeated The ******* Wreckin’ Crew to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.
Edge defeated Chris Benoit to qualify for the MITB Ladder Match.

World Tag Team Championship: Cryme Tyme © vs. The ******* Wreckin’ Crew
With the titles being vacated, Cryme Tyme came out the victors on the Raw after the Royal Rumble to win the titles in a gauntlet match also consisting of The Basham Brothers, The ******* Wreckin’ Crew, Tommy Dreamer and Rhyno, and Gregory Helms and Hardcore Holly. The next few weeks, the tag team fought in triple threat matches with The Basham Brothers and The ******* Wreckin’ Crew. The first match saw Danny Basham pick up the pinfall over JTG and Trevor Murdoch. Shad won the next week defeating Doug Basham and Lance Cade. The ******* Wreckin’ Crew then went on to beat The Basham Brothers, then the next week they defeated Cryme Tyme in a non-title contest to get a title match at Mania.

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker
Randy Orton will try for the second year in a row to beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Orton came close last year, but Taker was able to overcome the odds and defeat Orton. This year, Orton already scored a clean pinfall victory over The Undertaker at No Way Out. He also beat The Undertaker twice on Smackdown—once via pinfall but the other via Disqualification. The Undertaker has also picked up a victory over Orton on Smackdown via submission. Can Orton dethrone the legend of The Undertaker?

John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield vs. Tommy Dreamer
Layfield interfered in a match between Dreamer and Christian for the Intercontinental Championship. Layfield told the WWE fans that Dreamer didn’t deserve to be given a shot at the Championship. Layfield made a point of Tommy Dreamer, bloodying him. This warranted him to get a title shot the next week, in which Dreamer interfered with a Kendo-Stick and bloodied both John Layfield and Christian. Layfield showed up the next week in a sling, saying that he was going to sue Tommy for unwarranted attacks on him. Dreamer came out, but Layfield was faking the injury and delivered a Clothesline from Hell to Dreamer.

United States Championship: Kane © vs. Carlito
When Kane became the United State Champion, Carlito instantly held a protest, saying that he was being treated unfairly because he wasn’t given a shot at the US Title. Kane came out and told Carlito that if he wanted a shot, he could have one next week. The two fought next week, and Kane came out on top in a short match. Carlito then went backstage to GM Theodore Long and said he wasn’t ready, and he wanted another shot. Teddy told him that he could have a shot at Kane at WrestleMania if he could win his next matchup. Carlito defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin after Triple H interfered and cost Austin the match.

Goldberg vs. Mr. Kennedy
After Kennedy was able to eliminate Goldberg from the Royal Rumble, he hasn’t shut up about it. He said that he has always been and always will be better than Goldberg. Goldberg showed up at ringside to cheer on CM Punk at No Way Out, but didn’t get involved in the contest. After Kennedy lost, Goldberg got into the ring and hit a spear on Kennedy! He then lifted Kennedy to his feet and hit him with a Jackhammer. He then told Kennedy that he was next.

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz © vs. Londrick vs. Mark Henry and Chris Masters
Londrick earned themselves a Tag Title Match against The Dudley Boyz, but the new tag team of Mark Henry and Chris Masters debuted and destroyed both teams. They declared that they were going to be the next WWE Tag Team Champions. They said that they are the most powerful team the WWE has ever seen, and they are going to take it by storm. The next week, The Dudley Boyz and Londrick were found decimated backstage. Henry and Masters were at the scene of the crime. Theodore Long agreed to put them in the WWE Tag Title contest at WrestleMania.

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Submission Match)
The two teamed against Edge and Chris Jericho on Raw. They worked as a unit for a bit, but their ego’s both got in the way. They then fought; making their team lose the match after Edge hit Benoit with a spear. The two men then continued to knock eachother around, until they met in the ring the Raw before Mania, where Chris Benoit was able to make Angle tap with a Crippler Cross Face.

WWE Championship: Triple H © vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Triple H flat out cheated to beat Austin at No Way Out to retain the championship. While the ref was out, Triple H attacked Stone Cold with a sledgehammer and was able to retain. When Stone Cold confronted him about it, Triple H decided to tell Austin that he wasn’t liked at that he should just retire. Stone Cold told Trips that he still has a lot of fight left in him, and Triple H will find out at WrestleMania that he does. He then went on to attack Triple H and beat him with right hands. Triple H got retribution when he interfered in Stone Cold’s match against Carlito.

Stephanie: Rob Van Dam and The Rock vs. Shane: Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar
This is just another interpromotional match. Stephanie chose one guy from Raw and one from Smackdown to compete and Shane chose one of each as well.

World Heavyweight Championship: Shawn Michaels © vs. Rey Mysterio
When Edge cashed in his Money In The Bank Contract, he was unable to obtain the title from Shawn Michaels. Rey Mysterio won the 2006 Royal Rumble. Shawn and Rey had a few matches between now and then, Rey picking up a pinfall and Shawn picking one up. This matchup is based on respect, Shawn respecting that Rey is doing it all for Eddie and Rey respecting that Shawn is one, if not the, greatest wrestler of all time.

Post Predictions please!

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Marcus Cor Von vs. CM Punk vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Christian vs. Hardcore Holly vs. Ric Flair vs. Edge

Goldberg vs. Mr. Kennedy

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz © vs. Londrick vs. Mark Henry and Chris Masters

· Registered
72 Posts

Goldberg vs. Mr. Kennedy

· Jev!
347 Posts

Goldberg vs. Mr. Kennedy

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Submission Match

· The One 'n' Only
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kay, I tried to write out WrestleMania, but I am going to post short results for the Pay Per View. I REALLY wanted to write the show out in full, but I am not too strong of a writer, and I don’t want my first Pay Per View to ever be written out to be a crappy one, so thus, I must do it in short result. Hopefully I’ll be a better writer by the time Summer Slam comes around, so I can actually have a big four pay per view be good!

Sorry to let people down, I completely let myself down as well, I feel like crap for doing it…

Money In The Bank Ladder Match:
Marcus Cor Von defeated CM Punk, Johnny Nitro, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Hardcore Holy, Ric Flair and Edge to win the Money In The Bank Briefcase.

World Tag Team Championship:
The ******* Wreckin’ Crew defeated Cryme Tyme © to win the World Tag Team Championships.

The Undertaker defeated Randy Orton.

Extreme Rules: If Tommy Dreamer loses, he retires from WWE.
Tommy Dreamer defeated John Layfield to keep his career intact.

Kane © defeated Carlito to retain his United State Championship.

Mr. Kennedy defeated Goldberg.

WWE Tag Team Championship:
Londrick defeated The Dudley Boyz and Mark Henry and Chris Masters to win the WWE Tag Team Championships.

Submission Match:
Chris Benoit defeated Kurt Angle.

WWE Championship:
Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated Triple H © to win the WWE Championship.

Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar defeated Rob Van Dam and The Rock.

World Heavyweight Championship:
Shawn Michaels© defeated Rey Mysterio to retain his World Heavyweight Championship.

Vivaveron: 6/11
Revolution™: 6/11

Jevicho: 8/11

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.