Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
They really had no choice but to start the network. When you have major PPV's doing 60-80,000 buys, it makes no sense and will ultimately lose money. With the network they have a potential million plus viewers for every ppv, possibly much more over the coming years; Plus their finger is closer to the pulse of their base providing the opportunity to make the best programming possible capable of reaching a wider audience. Now, they can change things instantly before losing millions of fans over a year, just like they did with Rollins winning the title. You know had this been last year, or any year before, Roman would have walked out of Wrestlemania as World Champion.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
brock was in the me of two of the three ppvs in the 3rd quarter last year (summerslam/noc) and subs went from 700k in june 2014 to 731k in september...

brock/roman or anybody else had nothing to do with this. the major reasons for the increase in network subs are (in order)

1. the rollout of the network worldwide (especially the uk in january, the wwes second biggest market)
2. wrestlemania and the royal rumble (wwes two biggest ppvs of the year by far)
3. the free months in november and february which gained them alot of subs and 70% of those becaming paying subs at the end of the trail.
Your logic means nothing to the anti-smarks here. They were so desperate for something that they take this announcement as some sort of weird victory for their favorites without looking into context. I mean we have one anti-smark poster taunting everyone here with like 20 posts, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

60,001 Posts
Your logic means nothing to the anti-smarks here. They were so desperate for something that they take this announcement as some sort of weird victory for their favorites without looking into context. I mean we have one anti-smark poster taunting everyone here with like 20 posts, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Hey, @validreasoning employs more than just logic, his reasoning is,simply put, valid.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Two things:

1. As a stockholder, I'm happy about that.

2. How do that many people still buy PPV's? Although I guess Mania has some extreme casuals that don't know The Network exists. But still, anyone buying PPV's at this point is mind-boggling.
There are countries that don't have the Network and are buying PPVs the traditional way.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Hate to say it, but Roman appears to generate money and despite guy's like CM Punk leaving and Daniel Bryan getting pushed into the background, the company is doing great. Can't put everything on Roman of course, but let's get real here, he's been the guy with the spotlight. It goes to show that despite his hate, Vince McMahon is way smarter then the smarks, at least in terms of putting out a product that nets money.

·
Blessed Child of God
2,917 Posts
The numbers are not surprising to me one bit. Vince has been doing this a while now and it would appear that much to some folks' chagrin he still knows what works and what doesn't. (Not talking talent here but business wise). That said, I stopped watching after WM because I'm not happy with the onscreen product or the way Sting was treated at WM. Also, I hate The Authority storyline...be it Rollins, Trips, whoever...it's old and tired and I personally don't want to watch it so I cancelled my network subscription and stopped watching. But none of that means Vince doesn't know what he's doing....it means he's smarter than all of us when it come to running his company.

161 - 172 of 172 Posts