Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preliminary creative plans for 2011 include John Cena facing Wade Barrett at the Royal Rumble as well as Barrett facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII.

Based on WWE’s reported plans, it would suggest Barrett wins the WWE Championship at Survivor Series and subsequently loses the belt to Cena at the Royal Rumble, likely setting up Cena vs. Orton for the strap at WrestleMania XXVII.

Undertaker, however, is in desperate need of shoulder surgery, and there is much concern internally that if he gets it, he won’t be healthy in time for WrestleMania XXVII.

(source: f4wonline.com)

This better be the ususal bullcrap from dirtsheets but most of it does make sense and i could see it happenning cena vs orton for the belt again please no!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Terrible. don't know whether to believe it but Cena vs Orton at WM will suck. Since it is bland and boring, I expect it to happy. Hopefully the Smackdown title match will be better.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Wow I hope that's bullshit.

I like the idea of a Barrett/Taker feud but a Cena/Orton feud has happened every year for the last 3 years, please don't rehash that again.

But please for the love of god don't but the strap on Barrett, I'd rather them put it on Otunga then him.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I really hope that's not true. It's not so much the Cena/Orton match that doesn't sit well as the Barrett/Undertaker.

Barrett is a guy who needs to be carried to have a great match, Undertaker at this point in his career, cannot carry someone. I would predict this would be a letdown and pretty crappy match and that's not something I want for some of Undertaker's last matches.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Wow I hope that's bullshit.

I like the idea of a Barrett/Taker feud but a Cena/Orton feud has happened every year for the last 3 years, please don't rehash that again.

But please for the love of god don't but the strap on Barrett, I'd rather them put it on Otunga then him.
:no:

fuckin dirtsheets making shit up

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is lamee as Pee Wee.

·
Hell In A Cell
247 Posts
Cena Vs Orton would be better if it was the WM after and they are kept apart for a year or so.

There is no way Undertaker should face Barett as he would destroy him and it wouldnt help

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
Taker/Cena has to happen and it has to happen now, while Taker is still capable of a good match. Barrett vs. Taker won’t do. For one thing, he’s not established enough. There is a significant population of fans who check in once a year for Mania. Having Barrett’s Wrestlemania debut bout be the main event would be stupid.
Hmmm.. At this point if it were up to me I’d book -
Taker vs. Cena (main event - face vs. face)
Orton vs. Barett (WWE championship)
Mysterio vs. Del Rio (WHC championship)

·
Thank You Randy Savage.
3,772 Posts
We've just heard that the sky is blue, the earth is round and the sun is very hot. We will report more on this story as we get more info...
Reports - Pointless.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
I think this report has to be false. I don't understand why WWE would want to do a Cena/Orton match-up. At this point, them two facing off at Wrestlemania is pointless (nor does it have any potential). It should be saved for a few years when it's more akin to a HBK/Taker (two certified legends) face-off.

At that time, it'll actually be something to look forward to. They just feuded for a long time last year and have had a match on Raw also just recently. The best bet for those two is to be kept apart much like Triple H/Cena were since their match-up at WM22 and only have confrontations here and there, not an actual match.

Besides, while I think Orton is a good in-ring talent and Cena is even better, they don't have that much chemistry when facing each other. I doubt they'd put on anything memorable in a normal singles match at Wrestlemania.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts