Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
World Wrestling Alliance press release.

Greetings, and thank you to all members of the both the worldwide and wrestling media who have picked up on this story. With the WWE deciding that in the economical times that they were better off saving what was left of the family fortune, and TNA having been out of business long ago, a gap of mainstream professional wrestling was left in American society.

My name is Harry Broadhurst, and I would like to introduce myself. I am the driving force behind the World Wrestling Alliance. Shortly, we will be presenting our two pre-shows, where we will have ten qualifying matches. The winners of those ten matches will then be in a gauntlet match at our January 1st super-show that we are calling "Crowning a Champion". The winner of that gauntlet match will be crowned the very first WWA Heavyweight champion.

The qualifying matches are as follows: For the first night:
Psycho Sid Vicious vs. Lex Luger
Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan
Scott Hall vs. Randy Savage
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Kanyon
Ron Killings vs. Petey Williams

And then for the second:
Santino Marella vs. Alex Shelley
Chris Jericho vs. Edge
Shark Boy vs. Jerry Lynn
Buff Bagwell vs. LowKi
Sting vs. Sonjay Dutt.

We would like to have a roster posted for you guys, however due the nature of the launch, we can not name them at the present moment. However, following the "Crowning a Champion" super-show, we plan to reveal both a complete current roster, as well as all the other screen active talent.

Thank you for your time, and we hope that you have a pleasant day/evening.

Signed,
WWA Owner Harry Broadhurst

So, feel free to post predictions and stuff for the qualifying matches. These press releases are exactly my strength, but I figured something official to launch the company would be necessary. The WWF involved in this venture will not relaunch until Jan. 22nd, so more information on that as it becomes available. I have something like 10 or 11 shows written between the two feds, and look forward to sharing them and getting/giving feedback with you guys. Hope you enjoy :)

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up, Thunder. Sometimes, I type faster then I think and make stupid mistakes such as those.

·
Forever
5,139 Posts
Take your time and read through the work first, some grammar mistakes that make it a bit confusing to read. For example:

The winners of those ten matches will then in a gauntlet match
Will then "what"? in a gauntlet match? I'm assuming face each other.

The winner of that gauntlet match will be crowned the very face WWA Heavyweight champion.
Crowned "the face of WWA"? or "the first WWA Champion"?

I know it seems I'm being picky, it just confuses people, especially if English is not their native tongue. I am far from perfect by the way :p and half my shows are full of mistakes! Helping each other out makes better shows for us both so it's all good.

I think the roster is packed full of diversity and is very interesting, I like how the roster is not WWE heavy and I am looking forward to seeing where this goes from here. Is this set in 2012?

Psycho Sid Vicious vs. Lex Luger
Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan

Chris Jericho vs. Edge
Shark Boy vs. Jerry Lynn
Buff Bagwell vs. LowKi
Sting vs. Sonjay Dutt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually not set in a specific year, as it's based around action figures that I own. It's just something silly I started with one of my friend's kid, but I had a fun time doing it, so it turned into a full time thing.

It's a Best Of kinda fed, where people are in their primes. Think WWE All-Stars comes to an actual federation kinda thing.

·
Forever
5,139 Posts
I tried one of them many years ago actually, it was how I started doing BTB here. Man I still have an A4 Binder somewhere with all the shows me and my friend did together. It was so much fun. I wish I could find it and possibly re-create it. I did try it on another forum but I kinda got bored. LOL I'm going to see if I can find it now......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More or less action figure feds are what I do, because it gives me the ability to not only book the matches in my head, but wrestle them out with the figures. It adds a sense of realism, especially to the style that I may be upgrading to from the one that WWA starts with. You guys will see what I means a little later down the road. Pre-show results are looking at a later today release, depending on rather or not I want to re-do the result only format that it's currently it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pre-show #1 Results:

Battle Royal Qualifier
Psycho Sid vs. Lex Luger

Sid makes very quick work of Luger, putting him away with a sit out version of his Powerbomb.
W- Sid (1-0) L- Luger (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier
Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan

Konnan has Jarrett reeling in the corner, and mounts for the ten punches. While the referee is trying to get Konnan down, he completely misses Jarrett going low with an uppercut. Konnan drops out of the corner, and Jarrett quickly seizes the opportunity, dragging Konnan to his feet, hooking him for a Russian leg sweep and driving him face first into the mat with the Stroke. The cover, and the referee makes the three count.
W- Jarrett (1-0) L- Konnan (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier

Savage goes for the Flying Elbow, but Hall is able to roll out of the way at the last second. Both men slowly make their way up, and Hall catches Savage with a small package, hooking the ropes in the process, and gets the three count!
W- Hall (1-0) L- Savage (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier

Despite being out-sized by a good hundred and fifty pounds, Kanyon puts up a hell of a fight against the “Beast from the East”. However, it's all for naught, as Greetings from Asbury Park (Over the shoulder sitout piledriver) puts Kanyon's shoulders to the canvas for a three count.
W- Bigelow (1-0) L- Kanyon (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier

No body home on Killings' attempt at the Lie Detector (major spin forearm strike). Petey waits for Killings to stand, where a boot to the midsection is the set-up for Petey hooking Killings for a piledriver, and front flips over with it, landing the Canadian Destroyer. The three count is academic.
W- P. Williams (1-0) L- R. Killings (0-1)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
WWA Pre-Show #2

Battle Royal Qualifier

Despite the fact that Marella is known as more of a side-show, he gives Shelley all that Alex could ask for, even kicking out of the Shell-Shock. Sadly for Santino, he wasn't quite as lucky from the second Shell-Shock, as it puts his shoulders down to the canvas for a three count.
W- Shelley (1-0) L- Marella (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier
Edge vs. Chris Jericho

Edge kicks out of a Code-breaker. Jericho is able to kick out following a spear. A second Code-Breaker, driving both of Jericho's knee right into Edge's face, advances Jericho to the battle royal by pinfall.
W- Jericho (1-0) L- Edge (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier
Shark Boy vs. Jerry Lynn

Lynn is able to make quick work of Shark Boy, as a clearly out-matched Shark Boy falls victim to Lynn's Cradle Piledriver.
W- Lynn (1-0) L- Shark Boy (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier
Buff Bagwell vs. LowKi

Bagwell, despite a major experience advantage, is clearly outclassed here, and Ki is able to put Bagwell's shoulders down to the canvas with a top-rope Ghetto Stomp.
W- LowKi (1-0) L- Bagwell (0-1)

Battle Royal Qualifier
Sting vs. Sonjay Dutt

Sonjay actually surprises Sting with the Calcutta Cutta, but Sting is able to get his foot on the rope at two. Sonjay disagrees, but lifts Sting back up, and goes for it again, but Sting is able to block by grabbing the rope. Sting switches around, and captures Dutt in a inverted facelock, before driving Dutt into the canvas with a Scorpion Death Drop. Sting makes the cover, and the referee finds the three count for Sting to advance.
W- Sting (1-0) L- Dutt (0-1)

CARD FOR WWA CROWNING A CHAMPION
The Intercontinental title tournament kicks off with a trio of first round matches:
Edge (0-1) vs. Ron Killings (0-1)
Lex Luger (0-1) vs. Wrath
Shark Boy (0-1) vs. Buff Bagwell (0-1)

Glen Gilberti vs. Santino Marella (0-1)

Shane Douglas vs. Konnan (0-1)

And the main event: A ten man, Gauntlet for the Gold, with the winner being crowned the first ever WWA Heavyweight Champion. The numbers have been drawn, and they are as follows:

1: Jeff Jarrett
2: Scott Hall
3: LowKi
4: Alex Shelley
5: Petey Williams
6: Psycho Sid Vicious
7: Bam Bam Bigelow
8: Chris Jericho
9: Sting
10: Jerry Lynn

Two men will start. A new man in every two minutes. Eliminations are by pinfall, submission, or over the top rope until the final two, which must be decided by pinfall or submission.

Copyright: World Wrestling Alliance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WWA Crowning a Champion
1-1-01

We open in the office of the Commissioner of the WWA, Paul Heyman. Heyman is seated at his desk, with a stack of papers cluttered in front of him. To the side of the desk, we see the reason we've gathered here today. The WWA Heavyweight title, resting comfortably on a stand. Heyman then addresses the situation at hand.

PH: First of all, I want to welcome you all to the debut of the WWA on pay per view. We're happy that you all decided to join us for this show, and I know that you will not find yourself disappointed. Sitting next to me, you can see the WWA Heavyweight championship belt. As to not take up to much of anyone's time here, I am just going to make it known that I will be presenting the winner of tonight's “Gauntlet for the Gold” battle royal with this tomorrow, on the HBO debut of WWA Stampede. For now, let's go to ringside, and start our first contest of the evening.

Konnan (0-1) vs. Shane Douglas
'The Franchise' debuts here, and picks up an impressive victory, as he puts Konnan's shoulders down for the three count with his elevated fishermanbuster, the “Pittsburgh Plunge”
W- S. Douglas (1-0) L- Konnan (0-2)

IC title tournament-R1, M1
R. Killings (0-1) vs. Edge (0-1)

Both men got off to rough starts with their WWA careers, as they each dropped their qualifying matches for tonight's main event, and a shot at the Heavyweight title. It's Edge who gets on the right track though, as he is able to duck Killings' attempt at the “Lie Detector” and as Killings gets back to his feet, Edge catches him with the “Edgeucution” implant DDT for the three count.
W- Edge (1-1) L- R. Killings (0-2)

Glen Gilberti vs. S. Marella (0-1)

Gilberti's debut with the company get spoiled, as Marella lands a butterfly implant DDT to pick up the three count and move back to even in the won-loss column.
W- Marella (1-1) L- G. Gilberti (0-1)

IC title tournament-R1, M2
Wrath vs. Lex Luger (0-1)

Wrath makes his WWA debut here, and makes relatively quick work of Luger, who just had a violent qualifying match with Psycho Sid only two days before. Wrath picks up the win, as he drives Luger into the mat with his pumphandle slam, the “Meltdown”.
W- Wrath (1-0) L- Luger (0-2)

Styles steps up from the announce booth, and into the ring. Timekeeper DeLuca hands him the mike.

Styles: We have two more matches scheduled tonight, and we want to thank all of you for coming. Unfortunately, WWA Commissioner Paul Heyman is busy with matters backstage, so as the assistant Commissioner, I am in charge of the proceedings when he is unavailable. As such, it is my job to give you the rules for the “Gauntlet for the Gold” that is our main event this evening. Normally, these battle royals are only over the top eliminations, however this one will be fought under the old World War III rules, with both pinfalls and submissions counting as well. The winner will be crowned champion, and as Commissioner Heyman said, he will be awarded the title on the debut episode of WWA Stampede TV. Thank you, and enjoy the rest of the show.

IC title tournament-R1, M3
Shark Boy (0-1) vs. Bagwell (0-1)

Both men coming off losses on the qualifying shows, as Shark Boy was pinned by Jerry Lynn, and Bagwell was defeated at the hands of LowKi. It's Bagwell who gets the win here, as he rolls up Shark Boy, and outside of the line of sight of the official, grabs the ropes for extra leverage to get the three count.
W- Bagwell (1-1) L- Shark Boy (0-2)

MAIN EVENT: For the WWA Heavyweight Championship
Gauntlet for the Gold

Entry #1: Jeff Jarrett
Entry #2: Scott Hall
Entry #3: LowKi
Entry #4: Alex Shelley
Entry #5: Petey Williams
Elimination #1: Hall, pinned by Jeff Jarrett with the Stroke post a low-blow
Entry #6: Psycho Sid
Entry #7: Bam Bam Bigelow
Elimination #2: LowKi, tossed over the top by Petey Williams
Entry #8: Chris Jericho
Elimination #3: Jarrett, tossed from ring by Bam Bam Bigelow. Once Jarrett is eliminated, Scott Hall makes his way back out and they brawl to the back with security trying to break it up.
Entry #9: Sting
Elimination #4: P. Williams, pinned by Sting with a Scorpion Death Drop
Entry #10: Jerry Lynn
Elimination #5: Shelley, caught with a clothesline over the ropes by Jericho
Elimination #6: Sting, backdropped over by Jericho
Elimination #7: Jericho. As Jericho has Lynn near the ropes and is about to toss him over, Sid comes over from behind, and tosses Jericho over the top to the floor.
Elimination #8: Sid. As a clearly irate Jericho is leaving, he and Sid get into an argument. While Sid is distracted dealing with Jericho, Lynn pitches him over the top from behind.
Elimination #9: Jerry Lynn. Bigelow hits the Greetings from Asbury Park, but Lynn manages a foot on the rope at 2. Bigelow gets frustrated and goes up top, looking for a flying shoulder block. Lynn is able to duck out of the way, and Bigelow drills the ref in the ring. As the ref on the outside tends to him, Shane Douglas comes in through the crowd, and drops Lynn on his head with a Pittsburgh Plunge. Douglas out just as quickly as he came in, and the outside ref takes over, having been distracted checking on the senior official during Douglas' interference. Bigelow pulls Lynn to his feet, and his another Greetings from Asbury Park, this time in the center of the ring, for the three count from the second official.
WINNER AND FIRST WWA CHAMPION: Bam Bam Bigelow

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PREVIEW FOR STAMPEDE #1
Commissioner Heyman is not happy with the way that the "Crowning a Champion" super show ended. Newcomer to the WWA Shane Douglas played a huge role in the finish of a match that he was not involved in, as it was his Pittsburgh Plunge that drove Jerry Lynn headfirst into the canvas. That move left Lynn vulnerable for a second Greetings from Asbury Park from Bam Bam Bigelow. The recovered referee counted the three, giving Bam Bam Bigelow the WWA Heavyweight title. What wasn't seen on the super-show, as we ran out of time on air, was that not only was Shane Douglas helping Bam Bam Bigelow celebrate, Chris Candido was as well. This new "Threat" to the WWA is not one that Commissioner Heyman is going to take lightly, and we have been told that he will address the situation, alongside Deputy Commissioner Styles, at the top of the show.

In addition, the Intercontinental title tournament continues with a pair of first round matches, as Psycho Sid Vicious will face "The Bad Guy" Scott Hall, and the "Chosen One" Jeff Jarrett goes one on one with Sonjay Dutt.

All that, and so much more planned for the debut of WWA Stampede on Home Box Office television (HBO). Stay tuned, folks.

And thus begins the TV era of the WWA. Hopefully you guys will enjoy these, as the storylines begin to take affect, having started with the previous night's super-show. Looking forward to continuing WWA here, and seeing what everyone thinks.

·
The Patriot of WE
914 Posts
WWA: Crowning a Champion Review

-I like the fact Paul Heyman is in charge of your promotion. Heyman really is a cerebral guy who knows the wrestling business inside and out. I think him acting “himself” on television and taking a sort of “grandfather” approach would make for an interesting character.

-It’s obvious you are relatively new to writing, but let me say you’re off to a great start. Your promotion is obviously of an alternative style, focusing primarily on the in-ring action as opposed to character development and entertainment. I think this is what wrestling should be, but I also feel for the sake of your writing, you may want to invest more in character development. I’ll be looking forward to seeing if your format sort of evolves over time or if it stays reasonably similar. This show was short and to the point, which made for an easy, smooth read, but you may struggle to keep long-term readers if you’re not evolving your characters and creating more meaningful feuds. We’ll see what you do moving forward.

-I am curious as to if Petey Williams can hit the Canadian Destroyer on men that are bigger than him by a large margin. Still, I like him so I’m glad you are utilizing him in the promotion.

-Scott Hall against Jeff Jarrett and Chris Jericho against Sid are two solid feuds to supplement your Intercontinental Championship tournament and the Heavyweight title scene moving forward. JJ used two low blows, one to beat Konnan, and another for an elimination. He's doing whatever it takes to win and I like that. You should have an interesting time with the Jericho-Sid feud especially.

-I am curious as to what you will do with the title scene moving forward. Lynn was the last person present in the Battle Roal, but is he really that dynamic a personality to pair with Bigelow in the early going of a promotion? It seems to me Edge or Jericho, or possibly Jarrett, someone with a little more star power would have been a better first time feud for Bigelow than Lynn. That being said, we basically know Bigelow is going to retain out of this first feud anyway, so you may not have wanted to make any of those guys look weak. I’ll be interested to see where this goes and how you develop Bigelow as champion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
WWA Stampede #1
1-2-01

In the ring as we open the show are both the Deputy Commissioner of the WWA and it's head play by play man, Joey Styles, as well as the actual WWA Commissioner, Paul Heyman. Styles is holding the WWA title over his shoulder, but it is Heyman that has a mike in his hands.
Heyman: As the Commissioner of the WWA, it is my job to come out here tonight and hand over this title belt to the winner of the WWA Crowning a Champion main event battle royal. So, if I could be joined by Bam Bam Bigelow...(“Thunderstruck” by AC/DC hits the sound system, and indeed out steps the winner of that battle royal, the “Beast from the East” Bam Bam Bigelow. However, he is not alone when he steps on the stage. Joining him are the man who helped him with the title last night, the “Franchise” Shane Douglas, and the on-air debut of “No Gimmicks Needed” Chris Candido. Bigelow, Douglas and Candido make their way to the ring, and Bigelow steps through the ropes, walking up to Heyman and Styles. Bigelow grabs the belt from Styles and holds it up in Heyman's face)

Bigelow: That's WWA champion Bam Bam Bigelow to you, Heyman!

Heyman: Yeah, funny you should bring that up. Because that belt that you just won, you will be defending at our next super-show. It's called “Redemption” and it's called that for a reason. Because you will be facing the man that your little buddy Douglas over there helped you screw out of the title. It is one on one, as WWA champion Bam Bam Bigelow will face “The New Fucking Show” Jerry Lynn!

Styles: Good thing these air on HBO.

Bigelow: Heyman, you want to send that invalid Lynn after my title again, that's fine. The end result is going to be the same, rather you like it or not. I am walking out of Redemption as the WWA champion, and I'd love to see you try to stop me.

Heyman: So, you say you're not afraid of Lynn? Is that it?

Bigelow: That's exactly right, Heyman!

Heyman: I'm glad to hear that. Because you and those two cronies you have behind you are going to in action tonight. And you'll be facing a team led by the man you face at Redemption, Jerry Lynn. Thank you gentleman, and have a good night. And rest assured, I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.

IC title tournament-R1, M4
S. Hall (1-0) vs. Psycho Sid (1-0)

Hall goes for the Razor's Edge, only to have Jeff Jarrett, who had made his way out, hold his foot out of the ref's line of sight. Hall turns to confront Jarrett, and he turns back right into a huge boot to the dome from Sid. Sid then hooks Hall for, and hits the sit-out powerbomb for the win.
W- Sid (2-0) L- Hall (1-1)

Backstage, and it's the interviewer for the WWA, Don “Cyrus” Callis, standing by with the man who was the seventh man eliminated from the battle royal, Chris Jericho

Cyrus: Chris Jericho. You've requested this time, and it has been granted by Commissioner Heyman. However, can you explain your actions towards Sid in the battle royal?

Jericho: You're lucky you're Canadian. Because if you weren't, I'd have ripped you a new hole for asking me such a asinine question. Sid cost me something that was mine, and if he thought that I was going to let something like that go unpunished, then he's a lot crazier then anyone ever gave him credit for. I am the best in the world at what I do, and I am not going to let some juiced up Neanderthal take advantage of me. Simply put, I sent a message to him, and to everyone in the WWA locker room that Chris Jericho is not someone to be taken lightly anymore. As the first Undisputed champion in our industry in almost a century, I will be treated as the premium talent that I am. Besides, I didn't get enough of the just desserts that await that half wit. Commissioner Heyman, I want that mental health reject in a match at Redemption. And I want you to make the match as a number one contender to the WWA title. I will be awaiting your response. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get the hell out of this building. These mouth breathing troglodytes are making me feel less educated just being here. (Jericho walks away, and Callis sends us back ringside)

IC title tournament-R1, M5
S. Dutt (0-1) vs. Jarrett (1-0)

Dutt sends Jarrett into the ref on a attempt at the Stroke. Jarrett rebounds, and then manages to catch Dutt with a Stroke. Hall comes in and belts Jarrett with a chair. Hall drags Sonjay on top of Jarrett, and then revives the ref, who counts the pinfall
W- Dutt (1-1) L- Jarrett (1-1)

Jarrett slowly makes his way to his feet. Hall greets him with a right hand, which stumbles Jarrett. Jarrett fires back with a right of his own. However, that's as far as they get, as the WWA-Tron comes to life, as we see Commissioner Heyman is in his office

Heyman: Enough! Enough of you two involved in each others business. You guys want to get at each other so badly, then fine. We'll do it in an actual match. Scott Hall, you want to cost Jarrett a chance to advance in the tournament? Jeff Jarrett, you want to cost Hall his chance to advance? Fine, at Redemption, one on one, it'll be Scott Hall against Jeff Jarrett!

Main Event- 6 man tag match
Bigelow/Candido/Douglas vs. LowKi/Lynn/Sting

LowKi and Douglas make their respective tags, as both Bigelow and Lynn both get tagged in at the same time. Bigelow immediately tags Douglas back into the match. Lynn gets the tired Douglas hooked, and brings him into the canvas with a Cradle Piledriver. As Lynn stands back up over near his corner, and Sting tags himself into the match. Sting lifts Douglas up, and hits the Scorpion Death Drop for the pinfall.
LowKi/Lynn/Sting def. Bigelow/Candido/Douglas

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The opening segment set up the crowding of the new champ nicely, would of loved to see more meat in that segment tho and maybe Jerry Lynn coming out and confronting Douglas or something.. But anyway like i said the only real complaint, is it seemed to lack a little bit of meat, but thats just my opinion. It was executed well.

Your IC championship tournament is very interesting and i can't wait to see where it goes. Sid getting win over Hall is interesting and can't wait to see where that goes. I am also really curious about who will win the tournament and the IC title, when its all said and done.

Chris Jericho was the highlight of the show so far and the promo was very Jericho like and you really captured his essence in that seg. I love the idea of continuing the Jericho/Sid feud. Hopefully in the long run, it leads to Jericho getting the title, or a very interesting threat involving either Lynn or Bam Bam.. wow that would be a pretty steller match, to think of it.

Good to see Hall getting some revenge on Double J for costing him a match earlier in the show and this only adds kindling to the fire. When these two face off, its going to be a war. Always thought Jarrett and Hall had great chemistry and can't wait to see where you take this feud. Idk why, just feel that somehow, that the IC title is gonna end with these two facing off for it. There match at Redemption, is gonna be a brawl for the ages.

The main event seems great, just wish Lynn would of had some mic time on this show and maybe had done a bit more. Like a promo announcing his team or talking to them backstage. The match was full of A talent however and love the way it ended with Sting pinning Douglas, can't help but think its gonna lead to a singles match. Would of been just desserts for Lynn to pin Bigelow, but i guess that will come soon enough.

overall a great show.. the only major gripe, is that promos and matches aren't longer. Maybe you can fully write out your main events in the future or add a little bit more to the matches overall.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never been a good match writer, which is the reason I don't write them. I have a format that I am planning to change to which should spice things up a bit, but that'll be further down the line. First episode of WWA Stampede to come out later this week. (Thursday, I believe)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WWA Anarchy #1
1-9-01

“El Cu Cuy” by Coal Chamber, and it's the “New Fucking Show” Jerry Lynn who steps onto the stage. Lynn goes to the ring and is handed a mike by timekeeper DeLuca.
Lynn: Okay, so I got my match with Bam Bam. But that isn't why I am out here right now. I'll deal with him at Redemption. The reason I am out here right now is because I have a bone to pick with the man they call Sting. (Crowd boos at Lynn calling out Sting) Boo if you guys want to, but there are some questions I need answered. So, Sting, if you don't mind...(“Seek and Destroy” by Metallica , and the “Icon”, the man they call Sting, steps onto the stage. One of the stage techs hands Sting a mike.)

Sting: Let the man speak. You have an issue with the 'Stinger', then tell me what exactly the nature of your problem is.

Lynn: If I am going to do this, I am going to do it face to face. I want you here in the ring.

Sting: Fine. (Sting makes his way down the ramp, and climbs into the ring. Lynn keeps his distance, but keeps his eyes firmly on Sting).

Lynn: You call yourself an “Icon”. You call yourself a man who always takes the high road, and yet you did the exact opposite last week on Stampede!

Sting: Excuse me jobber (Crowd oohs), but who do you think you're talking to like that? I highly suggest you consider watching your tone.

Lynn: You stole the pin from me on Stampede and you know it.

Sting: Yeah, maybe. But here's the thing Jerry. It's survival of the fittest here in WWA. I don't know how things were run in the company where you came from. Where I come from, if you weren't working the system, the system was working you. So, take what happened on Stampede as a learning experience. And know that if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't so quick as to question my character.

Lynn: Oh, I have bigger fish to fry right now. But we'll meet again. I'm sure of it. (We go to a advertisement for Redemption on PPV this Sunday, and come back to ringside for our first match)

IC title tournament-R1, M6
AJ Styles vs. Stevie Ray

Styles with a sunset flip, that he rolls through, gets his grip on the legs of Stevie Ray, steps his own legs across so that they are over Stevie's shoulders, and plants him into the mat with the “Styles Clash” for the win.
W- Styles (1-0) L- Stevie Ray (0-1)

IC title tournament-R1, M7
S. Douglas (1-0) vs. Jay Lethal

Referee is calling for a break by Lethal in the ropes, when Douglas back kicks Lethal right in the family jewels out of his line of sight. Douglas then lands the Pittsburgh Plunge to advance to the quarterfinals, to be held at Redemption.
W- S. Douglas (2-0) L- J. Lethal (0-1)

Backstage we head, and into Commissioner Heyman's office, where Paul is seated at his desk. Heyman has a list of names in front of him, but the shot in the frame isn't close to be able to make it out.

Heyman: Normally, I'd look for a moment like this to yet again put the screws to Bigelow and his group of cronies, but there is a situation developing here in WWA that I feel requires more immediate attention. Apparently, things between Chris Jericho and Sid as well as Jeff Jarrett and Scott Hall are getting to the point where the staff in the back is having a hard time keeping them separated. Well, the way I see things, there is a very easy solution to that problem. Thus, I am officially announcing that the main event of tonight's broadcast is going to the team of Chris Jericho and Jeff Jarrett facing the team of Psycho Sid and Scott Hall. I'll take this moment to wish both teams luck, and to inform them that we will be watching what happens in this match closely. That is all.

IC title tournament-R1, M8
S. Marella (1-1) vs. Kanyon (0-1)

Marella goes for that butterfly Implant DDT of his, but Kanyon is able to regain his balance enough that he lands on his feet. Kanyon swifts hooks Marella by the back of the neck, and brings him crashing into the canvas with a Flatliner for the win.
W- Kanyon (1-1) L- S. Marella (1-2)

Backstage, and the interview set, where Cyrus is standing by with tag partners for this evening's main event, Chris Jericho and Jeff Jarrett

Cyrus: Gentleman, with both of you having your own very important personal issues going into Redemption, is it possible that you'll be able co-exist tonight in order to send a message to your opponents on that evening?

Jericho: What part of Canada are you from?

Cyrus: I'm from...

Jericho: It was a rhetorical question, you illiterate imbecile. I don't have any issues with Jeff, and I don't have any issues with Scott Hall. Granted, the guy could probably stand to get his blood alcohol content in order, but that's not really my place to say, is it?

Jarrett: I will. He's a fucking drunk! And that's all he'll ever be. (Jarrett goes to continue but Jericho cuts him off)

Jericho: What my partner is trying to say is that sobriety could be his friend. Not my point here. As far as I'm concerned, tonight is an opportune moment to soften the “Psycho” up for what I am going to do Sunday at “Redemption”. Sid, you can fake crazy as much as you want. Step in the ring Sunday, and you'll get to see first hand what crazy is all about.

Jarrett: And Scott, don't think I've forgotten any of our history. I know you may not be sober enough to remember, but I do. This time, I make sure you forget permanently. It's all just one more step towards relieving Bam Bam of what should be mine anyway...(Jericho gives Jarrett a death stare with that statement)

Jericho: Yours?

Jarrett: Did I stutter?

Jericho: Watch your step, *******. Don't go trying to put yourself somewhere you don't belong, and you and I will get along just fine. Bam Bam, and that WWA title, are mine. (Jericho walks off, leaving Jarrett standing with Callis)

Jarrett: (shaking his head) What an assclown...(we fade out, back to ringside)

Main event: Tag match
Psycho Sid Vicious/S. Hall vs. C. Jericho/J. Jarrett

Jericho hits the Breakdown on Hall, but in a scene similar to what happened at Stampede, Jarrett blind tags himself in post move. Jericho, clearly taking issues with Jarrett's actions, hits Jarrett with the Codebreaker. Jericho then chooses to walk away from the match. Hall takes the time to recover from the Breakdown, and makes the tag to Sid. Sid comes in and hits Jarrett with a Chokeslam for the three count
W- Psycho Sid/S. Hall (1-0) L- C. Jericho/J. Jarrett (0-1)

·
Registered
17 Posts
this really all just feels unfinished. It feels like a partially written blue print of what should be. The promos are all extremely solid, but without the matches, the meat to go with those potatoes, it's hard to truthfully get behind any character. If Jeff Jarrett sits and talks crap for weeks and weeks, then gets in the ring.. and all you see is the finish, all of his shit talking doesn't truthfully accomplish anything. Jarrett didn't go out there and prove he's exactly how good he claims he is, and he didn't chickenshit heel. He didn't get dominated, or lose in a close match. Things just happened.

Even without writing the matches, you can provide more. Despite what the mainstream thinks, wrestling matches are a very important part of wrestling shows. What happens between the ropes should be the primary way that wrestlers get themselves over, with the promos promoting and leading up to what they do in the ring.

A small nitpick, clean up your match headers as well. I think this is part of what leads it to the feeling of a blueprint and not complete, with stuff like R1 M6, S. Marella, etc. It's abbreviations, that just don't need to be abbreviated. You're not on a character limit here, and if you were as you are on other boards, you could split it in half or host off site.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Appreciate the feedback. The match header thing is something I get questioned about. It is shorthand for me in my personal typings, and to be honest, most of these weren't know if they would be posted online in anyway, shape or form> I'll work in that in the future.

As for the match writing, it's never been a strong point. I'll consider increasing the details for the big events, but the standard TV shows/super-shows already are going to be posted as they were, to give everyone the original feel of the company(ies).

Working on getting everything together for the "Redemption" supershow. Should be up sometime soon. Thanks to everyone who has check it out so far. More to come.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
So, I've had to take some time away from booking for a while, but I am back full time again. I will be tossing reviews as best as I can soon, which my actual show schedule doesn't get in my way, and I hope to have a preview typed up and ready to go for "Redemption" no later then Monday afternoon. Glad to be back, and looking forward to continuing to contribute to the board, guys.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Official press release regarding WWA Redemption.

WWA is proud to announce its' return to the pay-per-view format as we will present "Redemption" live from the WWA Arena in Chicago, Illinois. We have a full card to tell you about, so let's get to it.

-Our main event will see the Heavyweight champion of the WWA, Bam Bam Bigelow make his first defense about the man he last eliminated from the "Gauntlet for the Gold" match back at "Crowning A Champion", Jerry Lynn. Lynn has a bit of momentum going into this match as on the first episode of Statement the night after “Crowning a Champion” when he, Low-Ki, and Sting defeated Bigelow, Shane Douglas and Chris Candido. Will the challenger's momentum be there for him at “Redemption” or will Bam Bam still walk out of the Arena with that Heavyweight title over his shoulder.

-Jeff Jarrett vs. Scott Hall: Another issue that goes back to our “Crowning a Champion” super-show, where Jarrett eliminated Hall, and a little later in the match, Hall came out and played a part in Jarrett's elimination as well. These two were involved in each others business both at Stampede and the follow-up TV episode entitled “Anarchy”, which led to the match being signed for tonight.

-Psycho Sid Vicious vs. Chris Jericho: The running theme of the show is the friction that went down at the “Crowning a Champion” super-show. And much the same way that Jarrett and Hall's heat began, it was the same way for Jericho and Psycho Sid, as Jericho feels Sid robbed him off what should rightfully be his, the WWA Heavyweight title. Jericho gets a chance to prove it against the clearly unbalanced big man, one on one here tonight.

-The Intercontinental title tournament quarterfinals will take place as well. And we here at the agency were given an exclusive look at the brackets for the matches that will take place tonight in the tournament, as we bring the field down from eight to four. They are as follows:

Opening the PPV: Psycho Sid vs. Buff Bagwell
Sonjay Dutt vs. AJ Styles
Edge vs. Kanyon
Shane Douglas vs. Wrath

In addition to those matches, we are also being told that Commissioner Paul Heyman (who will be in attendance) will have a major announcement as to the future of the WWA's Woman's division as well as a potential update on the current TV schedule that the WWA conducts.

All this and so such more coming from the WWA Arena, live on pay-per-view. Be sure to contact your cable providers, or place the order with your remotes. WWA on pay per view does not disappoint.

Out of Hype Mode:
The evolution of the WWA continues, and this is the beginning of more things going forward. Hopefully, I'll get the open I need for the show typed up soon, and then the “Redemption” pay-per-view will be good to go. I'm enjoying doing the fantasy booking again when I can around working for the actual promotion, and spending time with my friends/girlfriend as well. Hope to get some predictions on the card, and I will tell you that the show will have an interesting opening...

PREDICTION TEMPLATE
WWA Heavyweight Title
Bam Bam Bigelow © vs. Jerry Lynn
Grudge Matches
Psycho Sid Vicious vs. Chris Jericho
Jeff Jarrett vs. Scott Hall
Intercontinental Title Tournament matches
Opening the PPV: Psycho Sid vs. Buff Bagwell
Sonjay Dutt vs. AJ Styles
Edge vs. Kanyon
Shane Douglas vs. Wrath

Hope you enjoy, folks.