Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF is this madness!?... this is the most ridiculous and embarrassing Thing I have seen in recent times!. I don't know but I think this is way too personal..is Jarret mocking kurt angle in real life or something?.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I underststand what they are trying to do, but they are really crossing the line between personal business and just making it personal

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I pretty much ignore the whole Karen/Jeff stuff. It's not interesting at all. If they want to build up a feud between him and Angle then they should do it in the ring. It's almost as bad as when Orton was stalking Cena's dad over on Raw. Did anyone actually care? I didn't.

When this finally gets to the ppv match is anyone going to care about the kids calling Jarret " Daddy Jeff "? Of course not. All we care about is what happens in the ring. If it's a good match we will give it praise. I suppose it's a way for them to build up hate for Jarret so the fans will get behind Angle, but it's all kinda unessecary. If it was entertaining it might help. Karens not the best actress though so it just looks cheesy.

She was pretty bad during the whole Angle Alliance thing too though.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Only JJ could turn a segment like that into greatness. Best heel in the biz.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
its called a build-up... if you have none of it, then a match means nothing, imagine if kurt and jarrett wrestle each other and they had absolutely no history with each other, it would be boring as hell from an entertainment standpoint, from a wrestling standpoint, who knows, that's for you roh fanboys to figure out

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
All these people that don't "care" about it yet comment about how disgusted they are by the "At Home with the Jarrett's" segments in the very same sentence - if you don't care, how can you be disgusted?

Personally I found the segments disturbingly hilarious, even I'd be tenpted to throw one at JJ if I saw him walking by, such an unlikeable bastard of a heel atm.

·
Banned
373 Posts
The kids will turn on Jeff in the end if they do this right, cause him to loose.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
I]I have zero interest in this storyline. i used to be a huge Jarrett fan.. dont really care for angle.. the whole thing is retarded and screams days of our lives. nobody gives a shit if Jarrett married Angles wife.. wrestling is fake.. 99 percent of the people watching think its a work anyway.. so could you imagine how much more cheesy it comes off to the casual fan at home? [/I]

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
i couldn't care less about the storyline because this kind of thing has been done already, i already know the outcome, karen will shriek and make ears bleed, jeff will keep being a chickenshit heel with at least 3 or 4 months of defeating angle in a dirty way and kurt angle winning eventually but still being bitched at by karen claiming she's ruining her life

the jarett's family house segments didn't make me care about it at all, it only made me laugh, other than jeff... no one in that family can act to save their lifes

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't seen the angle between Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle but I know TNA have been milking this Angle and Karen thing for ages. It wouldn't surprise me if Karen did the swerve and actually make out it was a plot between her and Kurt all along. That happened some time back but forgotten when.

These 'personal' feuds are nothing new. DDP stalking The Undertaker's wife Sara, the custody battle for Dominick between Rey Misterio Jnr and Eddie Guerrero and the feud between Big Show and Bigbossman involving Show's father fell flat on their faces.

its called a build-up... if you have none of it, then a match means nothing, imagine if kurt and jarrett wrestle each other and they had absolutely no history with each other, it would be boring as hell from an entertainment standpoint, from a wrestling standpoint, who knows, that's for you roh fanboys to figure out
I dissagree entirely. Bret 'Hitman' Hart vs 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 8 was based on virtually nothing and was one of the best matches on the card. The Rockers vs Orient Express had a little thing going on at Wrestlemania 6 but, without build-up produced an incredible match at Royal Rumble 1991...

I'm not entirely sure if I am biased but the wrestlers didn't need mega personal angles in the golden era because they were massively over anyway.

It is wrestling promoters conditioning that told you you need a personal storyline in order to enjoy a match. This isn't a WWE, WCW, ECW, ROH or TNA thing - it's a problem everywhere. Now I am not saying angles or plots are unneccessary, there have been some killer personal feuds - 'Machoman' Randy Savage vs Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Bret 'Hitman' Hart vs Owen Hart - but these people were more than over to take these feuds on. Also, if every feud on a card is so personal doesn't that take the edge off everything?

Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle are two of the most boring people right now in wrestling (Jeff Jarrett has always been a yawn but Kurt Angle has been a cure for insomnia ever since he went to TNA) so a mega-personal feud between these two isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

Besides, if a wrestling fan can only watch a wrestling match because of a story-line then maybe they should watch a soap-opera instead.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle are two of the most boring people right now in wrestling (Jeff Jarrett has always been a yawn but Kurt Angle has been a cure for insomnia ever since he went to TNA)

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
Jesus Christ it was funny, stop being so damm pathetic.

No wonder the IWC gets a bad name with threads like this, get a sense s humour and stop taking everything so seriously.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wow there is a negative comment about these segments, they were the best thing on Impact this week and in ages, was so awesomely funny, and once Jeff and Angle actually have their match I will be very much into it

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
All these people that don't "care" about it yet comment about how disgusted they are by the "At Home with the Jarrett's" segments in the very same sentence - if you don't care, how can you be disgusted?

Personally I found the segments disturbingly hilarious, even I'd be tenpted to throw one at JJ if I saw him walking by, such an unlikeable bastard of a heel atm.
I gotta agree with this guy. You watch the segment, you get completely disgusted by it. You're thinking about it. Later on you log on and you're still thinking about it. You feel the need to create a thread about it. I'd say the segment did it's job. It affected you and as much as you want to say you don't "care" about the segment, that's not true.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Kurt Angle/Jeff Jarret is Like John Cena/Randy Orton

it's been done to death. boring.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I didn't think it was that bad. I thought having the kids involved the way they were was a little much but other than that it was ok.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.