Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
¡Hala Madrid ⛧ Tricampeones!
1,007 Posts
Mainstream have always been crappy.
Music is alive and well, just not in the mainstream.
I sort agree with that, but shitty music is everywhere even in the underground too.

I just listen to whatever happens to sound good, regardless of mainstream shit or underground lore.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I think that bad music has never been as bad as it is now but there's still good music out there. That anaconda song is probably the worst thing I've ever seen. Mainstream pop music is so bad these days that shit like Beyonce, Jay-Z and Kanye West actually get good reviews. That shows you how low the standards are becoming.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
This shit popping in the streetz thou :trips5

Reactions: CHAMPviaDQ

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
You just have to look for it. Music on the radio is only a small sample of whats out there, they just have the machine backing them and doesn't always mean they are the best at what they do. I barely listen to mainstream anymore if at all, certainly not with hip-hop I can't stand whats out there today. Thankfully, there's more than enough "underground" guys that I enjoy listening to . You just got to look for music , don't let the radio dictate things

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Music sucked because we let record companies have to much control. They don't have artists, they have products. Want real music, look around Youtube. Most of the shit I listen to, I first found there.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Many things.
MTV's continual decline from greatness into the gutter.
Kids stopped buying music making it harder to track the market for what 'sound' is popular.
A shit video can get ridiculous views on YouTube just for it being shit and people being curious - Nicki Minaj's Anaconda video for example is just as likely to be viewed by a 13 year old girl as a 50 year old woman who's simply curious about this 'celebrity'.
YouTube "stars" and their fans have dragged the industry into the absolute worst it's ever been. Quality has been traded for quantity.
Still a lot has to do with the younger generation not feeling the need to buy music anymore.

I used to go to the music stores in my teen years and it'd be crowded with other kids all buying their music there (because you had no other choice). No torrents. No rapidshare. Just your $17 that you earned at your crappy minimum wage job and that CD that you REALLY wanted and could finally now afford. It was a treasure. Now it's all a click away. Even popular act's newest CDs are selling for like $5. I bought CDs in the late 90's for damn near $20 an album. But you appreciated them WAY more.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
All these musical reality shows make it worse also. It now sets up where you have to have a home run the first time out or they dump you. For example, American Idol contestants like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson would be yesterday's news if they hadn't hit it big on their first album. Bands like U2 and REM got the chance to build their fan base and find their own style, if they were getting started today they wouldn't last.

It's not just pop music, either. As a lifetime country music listener, I'm disgusted at all this bro-country garbage that's out there. It's the same old shit, no variety to the music. You even have great performers like Blake Shelton buying into this crap as well. It's sad, as he is one of the best musicians out there. And, folks like Tim McGraw and Reba McEntire are now being put out to pasture despite their long careers and music that had impact.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There was awful music in every generation you blind fool. If you look hard enough (hint hint, not the mainstream trash) then you'll find great music.

Put the effort in and you'll be rewarded with great music. If you judge a WHOLE generation of music because of a few songs in the charts you're a moron.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Mainstream have always been crappy.

Look, in the 90´s we had Vanilla Ice, New Kids On The Block, Backstreet Boys, Aaron Carter. Thats just a few.

Music is alive and well, just not in the mainstream.
Yeah, anyone that says "music is dead" is obviously either too lazy or stubborn to search for good music.
I agree that mainstream music was always crappier but never before we had over 90% of the music in the charts being horrible.
In case you forgot The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie was also mainstream

So you can find good music even today if you are not lazy and if you want it? If you need to search for hours to find a good song or artist then your generation must really suck when it comes to music.
Back then (late 90s early 00s) all we had to do was tune in the radio and on 20 radio stations there were guaranteed 15 stations that had good music. On 7 TV music channels 4 of them had great music.

This "our generation has great music, you just need to search for it" is just a lame excuse by the morons to defend the fuckery.
Guess what, people in the 70s, 80s and early 90s had no internet or other possibilities so they weren't able to "search for good music" yet their weekly top 10 provided more hits than the whole top 100 of the last 5-10 years

Another example why the post 9/11 society is a failure. It's ironic that one of the "hottest" bands of the current generation is called LMFAO

21 - 40 of 100 Posts