Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is what I don't get, he was hesitant to help Shane win but also hesitant to help Gable win. Hell Shane tapped and Owens didn't even call for the bell, the match was just over. WTF was that? I would have been okay if Owens defiantly called the match down the middle, Gable wins then Owens beats the shit out of Shane. When Owens leaves, Shane takes the mic and tells Owens he's fired, while selling the beating. Instead Owens looks like a geek and Shane got the better of him in the fight and the segment. Stupid.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
yea the only person looking good in this segment was Gable. Regardless of what happens in these next few weeks, Kevin looks like a biznatch

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
KO has to have the most over reactionary fanbase in Pro Wrestling. For all the constant claims that he's being buried, the guy has it pretty damn good.

You can bitch about KO being buried by Shane when he has to job to Shane three times and never get his win or even to beat him down and stand tall in a single segment. Until then you guys cant keep crying burial just because Owens is being presented as a real human being.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,422 Posts
I don`t want to ruin my mood for this day by reading about this silly K-O situation. Let`s say I join the army of people who are dissappointed about what they did with K-O.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Graves commentary makes it even more dumb. To act like a top guy in the WWE for 5 years wouldn't be able to pay his electric bill or send his kids to school because of a 100K fine is so utterly fucking stupid.
Dude, forget Owens. They did this with SHAWN MICHAELS. Vince has NO respect for his audiences intelligence.

Regardless, I wouldn't exactly call Owens a top guy, but top enough to where this is stupid. Hell, even a bottom guy should afford 100 K easily as long as he's not Ric Flair with his money. Zack Ryder just spent $5000 on a TOY.

KO has to have the most over reactionary fanbase in Pro Wrestling. For all the constant claims that he's being buried, the guy has it pretty damn good.

You can bitch about KO being buried by Shane when he has to job to Shane three times and never get his win or even to beat him down and stand tall in a single segment. Until then you guys cant keep crying burial just because Owens is being presented as a real human being.
He's not supposed to be a "real human being", he's supposed to be Steve Austin. That's the storyline. They're botching the intention of this angle.

There's more to burying someone than just having them be The Miz ffs.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
Dude, forget Owens. They did this with SHAWN MICHAELS. Vince has NO respect for his audiences intelligence.

Regardless, I wouldn't exactly call Owens a top guy, but top enough to where this is stupid. Hell, even a bottom guy should afford 100 K easily as long as he's not Ric Flair with his money. Zack Ryder just spent $5000 on a TOY.

He's not supposed to be a "real human being", he's supposed to be Steve Austin. That's the storyline. They're botching the intention of this angle.

There's more to burying someone than just having them be The Miz ffs.
People getting caught up on Owens making alot more than $100k a year are ignoring something very important; people who make a million dollars a year live like they're making a million dollars a year. Owens isnt living in some crap shack and rolling around in some beater car. People live to their means, if you've got plenty of money you spend it, thats human nature.

Is it a good thing to want Owens to literally be nothing more than a cheap Steve Austin cosplay? Owens whole speil for his whole career has been a he's a family man, his family is all he cares about and making money to provide for them. Thats a human thing, thats something that makes him a lot more human than just "derp I like to do flips and shit" like most of the Wrestlers of today.

And nowhere did I say only Miz can be buried. But jesus christ you KO fans act like the guys constantly and forever being buried harder than any other Wrestler in history. Anytime Owens loses a match or takes a beating its "He's being buried" Even when he's always at the top of the card and gets constant Main Event/World Title programs.

As I said you guys can cry burial when Owens is actually buried. And for reference what happened to The Miz in his Shane feud that's a burial. Cry about Owens being buried when he has to job to Shane repeatedly and never gets a win. As is it you're all just bitching and moaning and claiming burial because Owens character has a human edge to it.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
How did they explain Owens “helping Shane”? That just makes no sense lol

Oh man glad I let my eyes doze off
It was some of the most mind-bogglingly stupid booking in recent WWE history, and that's really saying something.

So, not only do they take Elias' injury as yet ANOTHER excuse to shoehorn Shane into the storyline, and not only do they drudge up this Kevin Owens "fine" nonsense that should've been left for dead...Owens not only counts Shane's shoulders down, but he actually fast counts him! Then, once Shane announces the 2/3 falls stipulation, Owens just shrugs and changes his mind and starts helping Shane, to the point where he didn't even call for the bell after Shane tapped out. The booking suggests that Owens either:

(A) didn't even understand at first that he was supposed to help Shane win, which makes him a moron, or
(B) flippantly changed his mind in the middle of the match and decided to fuck over poor Chad Able, which makes him a dick.

And, to top it all off, after the match, Shane lays out this supposedly big, tough pro fighter and then fires his pasty, bloated ass. Unbelievable.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
People getting caught up on Owens making alot more than $100k a year are ignoring something very important; people who make a million dollars a year live like they're making a million dollars a year. Owens isnt living in some crap shack and rolling around in some beater car. People live to their means, if you've got plenty of money you spend it, thats human nature.
Not everybody does. Daniel Bryan doesn't live like a millionaire. Doesn't even have a tv.

Is it a good thing to want Owens to literally be nothing more than a cheap Steve Austin cosplay? Owens whole speil for his whole career has been a he's a family man, his family is all he cares about and making money to provide for them. Thats a human thing, thats something that makes him a lot more human than just "derp I like to do flips and shit" like most of the Wrestlers of today.
Well, it's working, it's the most over he's ever been (I didn't see this week, maybe that changed after this shit). Good or bad, that's what they're doing.

And nowhere did I say only Miz can be buried. But jesus christ you KO fans act like the guys constantly and forever being buried harder than any other Wrestler in history. Anytime Owens loses a match or takes a beating its "He's being buried"
Well, top stars don't lose often. If you want Owens to be a top star, you want him to win all the time like Roman and Seth do.

I couldn't care less about him taking a beating, but he looked like the worlds biggest idiot. That makes people lose interest. Nobody wants to cheer for a massive bellend.

Even when he's always at the top of the card and gets constant Main Event/World Title programs.
Since when is he at the top of the card?

I can't remember the last time Owens had a world title program. And no, being Kofi's replacement for a month doesn't count, it wasn't a program. I mean, seriously, when was the last time? Him and Zayn vs AJ Styles at the 2018 Royal Rumble? It's been almost 2 years since he's been in a world title program, and he never WINS any of them. Samoa Joe's been in a ton of world title programs, are you gonna claim I should be happy about his position?

As I said you guys can cry burial when Owens is actually buried. And for reference what happened to The Miz in his Shane feud that's a burial. Cry about Owens being buried when he has to job to Shane repeatedly and never gets a win. As is it you're all just bitching and moaning and claiming burial because Owens character has a human edge to it.
His character has a STUPID edge to it, not a human edge. This company can't book a babyface for shit.

Miz was buried worse, fine. That's not the point. And nobody cares other than you because Miz has no fans.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I think that the original plan was Kevin Owens vs Drew McCrickets after SummerSlam, that's why Owens was booked to have such a clear and decisive victory over Shane on their first encounter and he didn't have to "leave" SmackDown, but Drew's injury forced the company to changed the plans, if Elias wasn't so nefarious in the ring he could have been use as a transitional rival for Owens but the company clearly don't trust in him.

Everything indicates that we will have another Owens vs Shane HiaC match only this time with the roles reversed.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
The guy deserves better. He should be the champ on Smackdown now not Kofi Kingston.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
My point was more of how this story line was reverse of how it should have been. Seeing KO struggle with whether or not to do the fast count for Shane should have been the transition to face not this soon afterwards! What's the pay off? Now he can rebel against Shane and be an anti authority figure? He already was!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Dude is buried, he's been made to look like an absolute moron and pussy that there is no coming back from unless you have the memory of a goldfish.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
so if he is "fired" that probably means he returns at hiac to either interfere with shane's match, or join him and become heel again.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Y'all really must think the stunnering shit has Owens needing to go against the boss like Austin did. Ever since Owens debuted all he's ever fought for was his family, and even beat the shit out of his long time friend for that sake. Shane atm is threatening his providing for his family. JBL did the exact same thing to HBK, and that lead to HBK vs Undertaker.

Why not save the anger for if Owens turns heel again and joins Shane or see if he can over come this all because atm there isn't much he can do. He called shane out, embarrassed him, and beat his ass, and now Shane is abusing power and threatening the lively hood of his family.

I don't understand how none of the angles right now aren't making sense to people right now. it's like we want to go back to Nash texting himself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Y'all really must think the stunnering shit has Owens needing to go against the boss like Austin did. Ever since Owens debuted all he's ever fought for was his family, and even beat the shit out of his long time friend for that sake. Shane atm is threatening his providing for his family. JBL did the exact same thing to HBK, and that lead to HBK vs Undertaker.

Why not save the anger for if Owens turns heel again and joins Shane or see if he can over come this all because atm there isn't much he can do. He called shane out, embarrassed him, and beat his ass, and now Shane is abusing power and threatening the lively hood of his family.

I don't understand how none of the angles right now aren't making sense to people right now. it's like we want to go back to Nash texting himself.
But why the hell is this feud continuing anyway? The story should be done after Shane was defeated. Even if you do want Shane involved at least let it be from behind the scenes and not with him being the one who is in the ring beating the hell out of a fresh KO after Shane just tapped out in a match. Shane is still the main event! They are listening to the fans well aren't they?

·
Registered
847 Posts

It's because people want the Austin formula. He needs to be the anti authority guy to match the stunner he uses. Then shave his head, flip everyone off, beat his wife in real life. Now they'll have fat Austin. KO can't be himself though and care about his family. That will never work.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts