Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Jets were cooled off and now he's being sent into limbo.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I fell asleep during the show and woke up to Owens getting fired. Did Shane really win the match? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
He was getting too over as an anti authority badass so they had to neuter him.

That's just what they do.

They did it to Becky, who they were actually behind. They've even done it to Reigns and Rollins in the past, who are their chosen ones. What did you expect them to do to Owens, who they are not behind?

It's undeniable sabotage. Nobody is allowed to become a star, just in case they get bigger than the brand. John Cena was the last WWE megastar. They are going out of their way to make sure of it. The Rock leaving for hollywood in his prime changed the business. They don't want stars that big anymore.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
:nah Das ist Kacke. Someone throw Shane into a burning dumpster and make sure it's closed this time.

I find it disgusting and it irks me. Always being left with scenes of procrastination and whining and "McFavoritism" in these scripts

I don't feel like a man with some pride etched in his character would take such jack shit lying down. Vince wants all his stars to look like big blubbering babies who are dwarfed by the inflexible teflon stature of a McMahon.

·
C Mac G
6,370 Posts
The idea of it adding depth to his character is fucking retarded, no one wants to see a pussy get bossed around by his boss.

The Austin comparison's are fine to make, because while he isn't Austin, you want to present someone LIKE HIM IN STORYLINE. People defending the thought of Owen's being presented like a giant pussy, I don't know what to say to them.

These faces are all just presented like such losers, Chad Gable being called short all the time and having no verbal comeback, Owen's being poor(when in reality he should be a multi-millionaire as a top WWE performer, and he should be a bad ass that doesn't care).

They were doing great with Owen's for a little bit, that they had me fooled thinking "Holy shit, maybe they've learned how to book a face", and now it's literally back to square one.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I think it's been pretty clear for a long time now that WWE creative (Vince) doesn't know what to do with him.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I know this is for story line purposes and KO will bounce back aggressively towards Shane. However...the clip I watched on YT made him look like a complete bitch. I don't care if he's trying to keep his job and not get fired. The way it was executed made Owens look like Shane's bitch and nothing else. Awful.

This is how WWE books their wrestlers who sign 5 year contracts? What a waste of the current best performer in the company...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Vince/ HHH use to do this stuff all the time with Foley. He did just fine. The goal is to put heat on the heel, add symphathy to the face. Owens is not Austin and an anti authority bad @ who should be driving a monster truck down your throat every time you look at him funny. He's not Foley either and a gullible sap but there is a middle ground where they can hit with this. Owens wanting to protect and support his family is hardly a weakling trait. The question is how does he respond to be fired now?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,735 Posts
Another thing Shane was hurt, exhausted and he still managed to beat Owens ass by himself with just a shot from behind, that made Owens look weak as all fuck.

Like now he can't even take Shane by himself when he's hurt? Owens was fresh and Shane just hit him with a weak ass clothesline, and that took Owens out? it took him out on the ground and he was barely able to fight back by just trying to grab Shane's face as if he'd been hit by a fucking chair or something.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Shane on screen and both KO and Gable looking like bitches. All this after enduring Rowan's robotic promo's and another fury of Superman Punches.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
25,199 Posts
Does the story make sense? Sure. Does it make KO look good? Hell no.

KO's a family guy, so losing that amount of money means something to him. So they're telling the story of Shane controlling KO through that and KO having to fight a battle in himself between what he needs to do for his family and what he personally wants to do.

So yeah, it all makes sense.

But when you have KO stunning people left and right and getting really hot as a babyface to then transition to this? It just neuters him. Now because of this nonsense, he has to come back to TV and raise all sorts of hell in revenge to get his momentum back.

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
It's the WWE. Besides, he was already a loser geek on RAW last year, Vince is just defaulting him back to his original role.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts