Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They made KO look like such a geek on SD tonight and I can't figure out why they would do this? Nobody is going to have sympathy for him acting like a little bitch because of this $100,000 fine nonsense. Even if that's what they were going for this is what they should have done to make him turn face not after he already was established as a face and it's way to early in his face run to tease a heel turn. In my opinion this is a perfect example of why WWE isn't making new stars! It's just like when they turned Braun heel when he was white hot which he still and may not ever recover from.
Does anyone see any logic with this or is actually enjoying this story development?

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,735 Posts
I made a similar thread a while ago talking about how they've made him a bitch, he started out as this rebel without a cause Stone Cold kind of character. Ya know attacking guys, stunning the boss, breaking the rules, then out of the blue he becomes a sniffling little suck up bitch cause he doesn't wanna pay a fine. Its utterly ridiculous how they've ruined his character so fast.

And the money thing is fucking dumb i mean i know its alot of money but in reality he's made a ton of fucking money over the years working there, probably enough to live on the rest of his life, he makes like 2 mill a year i think it was, so he shouldn't be acting as if he and his family are gonna be out on the streets if he gets fined that money.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The whole thing makes no sense! Especially when you think of how his whole agenda was to get guys who are overlooked more air time and get Shane off TV but tonight he screwed over Gable to put over Shane it is just such bad writing and almost seems like they want to purposely ruin KO's popularity for some reason. As I mentioned the only way this would make sense is if this was done in reverse like this was what changed him to face, not midway through the feud. It is just so asinine that even if there is a pay off where he turns on Shane it still doesn't matter, we already had that at Summerslam and he reverted back so if he turns on Shane again... just sue him again? lol

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,090 Posts
1.) The fine should have been $1 -2Mil for this fine bullshit to make sense.
2.) He got over at the wrong time. He's not a Vince guy. He needs to get over at the right time much like Becky, Kofi, and Bryan did. He is in the same boat as Rusev, Bad News Barrett, Joe, and Sasha Banks/Bayley (In their initial main roster run). If you don't get over at a time when Vince CAN'T pull the plug, like if he has nothing else hot for WMania for example like in Becky/Kofi's case, then you're fucked.
3.) In Vince's eyes, he's fat and chubby like Joe.
4.) His return to the roster was botched and they don't have anything for him. The superstar shakeup kinda fucked him on SD. Who is he supposed to feud with? Almas would have been great if they didn't reduce him to a jobber. Bryan is stuck in the Roman storyline. No one else is worthy.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Same thing everyone else is getting. Confusing bullshit booking. In vinces eyes this shit worked with Bryan and will work with Owens. Or like a typical rich cunt he just likes messing with people who have less than him.

·
Team AEW
2,995 Posts
I made a similar thread a while ago talking about how they've made him a bitch, he started out as this rebel without a cause Stone Cold kind of character. Ya know attacking guys, stunning the boss, breaking the rules, then out of the blue he becomes a sniffling little suck up bitch cause he doesn't wanna pay a fine. Its utterly ridiculous how they've ruined his character so fast.

And the money thing is fucking dumb i mean i know its alot of money but in reality he's made a ton of fucking money over the years working there, probably enough to live on the rest of his life, he makes like 2 mill a year i think it was, so he shouldn't be acting as if he and his family are gonna be out on the streets if he gets fined that money.
I've gotta admit you were 100% right in that thread a few weeks ago. I thought - well it's something interesting, he is a badass, but he loves his family, etc. When they do these things I always have some shred of hope that maybe this time they will actually create an interesting character, who's not so 1 dimensional. But of course nope - let's just bury the guy, because he got too over. The old Vince McMahon strikes again.

Honestly, Vince doesn't deserve this company. His father made him who he is, and I'm sure he knew better about the business. Vince is just a little kid in a sandbox.

·
Baby Yoda
30,010 Posts
They're burying him.

I mean wtf was that? He actually started helping Shane, and after the match he gets fired and his ass beat by SHANE FUCKING MCMAHON.

How is that not a burial? This is what happens when you get too over.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Hes being booked by typical WWE, why people get surprised with this? lol, we already got a decade of this format only golden boys get cool booking and Kevin isn't one of them.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a feeling the next draft will involve NXT futures, ie. Gargano will be drafted but stay in NXT until needed. Free agents will be lost to NXT and not just running around between Raw and SD. I doubt Owens goes to NXT, he will move to Raw after a couple weeks.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
He was getting hot. Had to cool him down.

Vince doesn't want another Punk or Austin ever who's too big for the company. After Ambrose shrugged off Vince's control completely he's shook.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
Vince got bored of angle clearly. Business didn't move immediately from where it was just like last Owens vs shane angle so he moved onto something else.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts

Please don't mention Stone Cold in comparison with Kevin Owens. Owens cannot even hold a candle to Austin, he's already turned the stunner into a joke. The fact that WWE even try and make the comparison themselves already lowers Owen's own stock.

The fact is, his whole face run has been horrible, Owen isn't a face, he's a great heel but him being all 'I love my family and I fight for them and I wanna support them' no one wants to hear that BS. This Owens seems so forced, his promos are god awful, turn him back heel for the love of god he's stinking up the joint worse than Shane is. It;s a total turn off, Kevin Owens has literally got to Stephanie McMahon levels of actually turning the channel whenever he comes on.

WWE have committed character assassination on Kevin Owens since his face turn. And no sir, I don't like it.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Got yourself over? Are you not the chosen one? Do you have the look that I want in a FOTC? Well god damn it, I will bury you instead! Book you to look like a pathetic fool against my son Shane! That will destroy your momentum! :vince3

1 - 20 of 64 Posts