• no

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
421 - 439 of 439 Posts

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
5. That is the current number of my winning streak that continues as I have not only overcome early misfortunes that fell upon me this season, my team has suddenly become one of the hottest in the league.

I do have to admit, my win against Magic comes with an asterisk, because without Curry's return date being pushed back, as well as Ben Simmons unfortunate injury which allowed not only Tobias Harris to give me two incredible games, but my new pick up Shane Milton to break an NBA record and give me an outstanding performance to end this week, I probably wouldn't have won this matchup. But with that said, Thomas Bryant is still in the process of getting his minutes back. Paul Millsap has injury issues. Eric Gordon had to go. Malik Monk, who was another red hot waiver wire pick up, was suspended this week. LeBron James even missed a game. So I had some shit going on this week myself, and there are still some things going on that need to be taken care of.

But to top it all off, I was down 1-12 with just three days remaining. At that point, my main concern was just getting as many categories as I possibly could. I didn't even consider the possibility of actually winning this week.

@Magic, it is a shame this is happening to your team. You have without question one of the best teams in the league, and you belong in the playoffs with me. It is unfortunate that you might not be there.

As for me? Well, my red hot winning streak continues. Watch out whoever my next opponent is, you may just end up being number 6.

Oh and a huge shout out to my boy, the man, the myth, the legend, Andrew Wiggins, whose late offensive rebound in the fourth quarter with two and a half minutes left to go broke the tie me and Magic had and gave me the W, continuing to prove that he is without question the biggest steal of the draft this year.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Got a damn near impossible road to the playoffs. Need to defeat Betterlaterthennever by a large margin this week
It's only Wednesday and this comment already isn't aging well. Sorry man, Duncan Robinson, Collin Sexton and Christian Wood are apparently choosing today to go off and put this thing out of reach.

·
8,611 Posts
lololol how many years have you been in this league again?
[/QUOTE
tiebreaker should go to the person whose won more matchups against the person he’s tied with. no need to complicate it. doesn’t matter though because i’ll be back in first in a few days anyway. by the way, when was the last time legion of doom set his lineup... last year?

·
Registered
348 Posts
tiebreaker should go to the person whose won more matchups against the person he’s tied with. no need to complicate it. doesn’t matter though because i’ll be back in first in a few days anyway. by the way, when was the last time legion of doom set his lineup... last year?
I'm guessing they go by conference record. If my record stands, then I have a tough 1st round against BetterNate so it might be better for you.

Also I'm ready for Embiid to come back now. Friggin had to deal with Caris Levert this week and Steph Curry coming back to life for a game

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
With my sixth straight win, the hottest team in the league (which I am now allowed to say thanks to 2012 Bobcats finally losing a match up) has secured a spot in the playoffs. And if my team continues to play this well, good luck to anyone who goes up against me in the playoffs.

But honestly, regardless of how things turn out in the playoffs, whether I'm a first round exit or pull a chico and lose in the finals, I'm happy with how this season turns out. There is no disappointment at this point. This has been an incredible turn around. I am proof that you can have a bad draft, and still recover through using the waiver wire and trades. I have no legitimate top ten guys on my team. And LeBron is barey able to hang in the top 20 department. I just have a lot of very good and very consistent players. For a team to be this consistently dominant to close out the season and nab me a playoff spot after the horrendous start to the season without two of my top three picks on the team? I couldn't be more proud. This team will always have a special place in my heart.

·
T.P.A.B
16,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
As many consistent injuries I've been having I'm not totally mad at a break lol.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
If they do in fact decide to go straight to the playoffs (or god forbid cancel the season) rather than finish out the remaining regular season games (and thus our playoffs are cancelled as a result), let the record show that my current group of core players was undefeated. No one, not even the top ranked teams in the league, could beat me. A coronavirus scare saved all of you from a title run from yours truly. Don't consider yourselves so lucky next year.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If they do in fact decide to go straight to the playoffs (or god forbid cancel the season) rather than finish out the remaining regular season games (and thus our playoffs are cancelled as a result), let the record show that my current group of core players was undefeated. No one, not even the top ranked teams in the league, could beat me. A coronavirus scare saved all of you from a title run from yours truly. Don't consider yourselves so lucky next year.
shut up chico!

·
8,611 Posts
hi. first off, i hope u are all doing well and keeping yourself safe from this invisible enemy(basically impossible unless u don’t leave the house). secondly, and most importantly, i have it on good word that the WS board of directors met today and came to a unanimous decision that if the season has to be cut short, the downtown chuckers will be crowned champions, and pennant winners(3 time). they came to this decision based on the fact that i’ve spent the most weeks in first place, and have dominated the majority of the season. now if we’re able to continue, we will, and that’s a great thing. even though i already feel like i’ve earned this championship, i am a fighting champion, so i would happily destroy all of u when the time comes. i hope u are all staying ready to compete, but by the same token, i hope you’re all accepting of the fact that should we not be able to continue, i will deservingly be the champion, and the chuckers will carry this league into the post corona era. thanks

421 - 439 of 439 Posts