Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously, what is wrong with you, do you not know what 24/7 means, are you really bad at math or are you a motherfucking retard. I've encountered this fenomenon on WF and several other places and it always makes me want to kill somebody.

EDIT: Just to make it clear to everyone, the problem is not the use om 24/7, but 24/7/365. The correct expression would be 24/7/52.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Seriously, what is wrong with you, do you not know what 24/7 means, are you really bad at math or are you a motherfucking retard. I've encountered this fenomenon on WF and several other places and it always makes me want to kill somebody.
Really?

Anyway, it's a figure of speech, I don't see the problem unless you're alluding to some other meaning behind it.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
This thread is crap 24/7

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I don't see the problem with it. It's just hyperbole.

·
Banned
401 Posts

EDIT: Just to make it clear to everyone, the problem is not the use om 24/7, but 24/7/365. The correct expression would be 24/7/52.
Phenomenon*

Actually your argument is completely arbitrary as well because 24/7/52 really is not an expression either. It simply stops at 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or in all honesty would continue in the expression 365 days a year. No one says 52 weeks a year although it does make more sense, in a mathematical sense, it is not part of the expression though.

60 seconds a minute, 60 minutes an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, 10 years a decade, 10 decades a century, 10 centuries a millennium.

Truthfully though, since the pattern starts with 24 hours to a day then 7 days to a week, even mathematically these two steps are not enough to form a definitive pattern. I mean you could go to 365 days a year, 3650 days a decade, 36500 days a century it is really up to whatever someone feels like saying. Since it the expression 365 days a year is more common, I feel you are out of luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts