Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christopher DeJoseph was not the only member of the World Wrestling Entertainment creative team let go last week, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Although we are still working on the names of the writers who were dismissed, we've confirmed that WWE let an additional 2-4 writers go.

The writers were dismissed because company management
was unhappy with the results of the last quarter financially and the decision was made to purge the writers and bring in fresh blood with new ideas.

As we noted when word came out that DeJoseph was released, the company has been actively scouting for new writers in the last several weeks.
PWInsider.

Just in time for Mania too :D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Re: Best News i have herd in months - Writers let go!

This is good news. Hopefully they hire people with more imagination and creativity.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Re: Best News i have herd in months - Writers let go!

Nice. I hope the head writer was replaced to.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Re: Writers Let go! - Best news i have herd in months!

No, they're going to bring in the writers for sesame street now..... oh boy TV U here we come.

·
Premium Member
43,669 Posts

Well, we need new writers, but part of me thinks that it won't matter as long as Vince McMahon is in charge of final creative decisions.

·
Registered
895 Posts

This is indeed good news. Hopefully they employ some people who can write the following -

Kane GTFO of the title scene
Finally put the belt on either Barrett or The Miz.
remove Hornswoggle from all programing
Push Christian
Stop breaking up tag teams
Let Rey Mysterio get pinned atleast once
Build feuds for longer than 1 week leading into a PPV

·
Super Moderator
19,327 Posts

I don't think it'll change anything until Vince relaxes the rules in which they are working under.

This is indeed good news. Hopefully they employ some people who can write the following -

Push Christian
You do realize those decisions aren't made by the writers, right?

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well, we need new writers, but part of me thinks that it won't matter as long as Vince McMahon is in charge of final creative decisions.
Vince is dated sure but i think that the writers just gave him crappy shit to approve

No, they're going to bring in the writers for sesame street now..... oh boy TV U here we come.
that would probably be a step up from the usual shit

Seasame street can tell an entertaing story :side:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

Push Christian
Your forgot Big Show losing.... he needs to lose. I'm sick of him having this "Unbeatable" thing about him.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
This can turn out to be great news but it could also turn out to be terrible news. It might be the people who write the stuff that I like that have been fired, who knows who writes what. All I knows is that I'm looking forward to seeing how WWE changes (that's i they change at all).

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris DeJoseph is gone so that's automatically good news

Yes! I'm always happy when someone loses their job.
Fuck that

These guys were failing miserably at their jobs

Brad Childress Was fired as coach of the vickings too and i did a fucking Cha-Cha for the same reasons

·
8,232 Posts
This is VERY exciting news indeed.

"Fresh blood with new ideas" is what gets me really excited. We haven't gotten that in a mainstream company for as long as I could think back.

Hopefully the product truly benefits, because the talent is without a doubt there.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
I don't know how much clout these writers have but the weekly gimmick ppv's are a huge problem and will continue to be a problem if they don't get it fixed.

I think its safe to say the writing have been real poor, e.g poor build up, lack of storyline progression is because of too many dumb gimmick ppv's.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
This is only good news if they actually higher better writers. I know the reason they are hiring new writers is to improve the writing, but who knows if the new writers will deliver?

Could be good though, looking forward to seeing how things change, if they even do.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts