Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In 5 years I predict this forum will average 50 members a day at most. Quite a bold prediction considering WF just topped 3000+ members online AT ONCE a couple of Sundays ago.

But all it takes is one of the many stray bullets Headliner dodges a day to make contact, or Platt taking a few too many pills on one of his many forever alone nights. I'm not by any means saying these two are the lifeblood of WF, but if they step down who goes up?

The wrestling sections have turned into the lolwrestlingsections. Off-Topic posters think of this section as a joke, and prowrestling is in a recession as is. I like the WWE PPV subforum, by the way, it's cute. The only thread that anyone will ever post in there is "What's your favorite PPV of all-time?".

The wrestling multimedia section is a good way to attract new members, but who the fuck doesn't use torrents these days? Honestly.

Working my way down BTB is in the exact same position it was in 5 years ago as far as activity, but the entire section is composed of retro threads because nobody gives a fuck about modern day WWE, and I know people over there are getting sick of seeing threads like "________ presents WWE 2006 - Gonna be a Big year!"

The non-wrestling forums are what's keeping a lot of us around. Unfortunately half of the sections are pretty awful. File Exchange is only slightly above the wrestling multimedia section because I feel it's risky downloading torrents of TV shows/Music/Movies, but with a site like Megaupload you can remain fairly anonymous. Increasing chances of DMCA, though.

The technology section is basically the tech help section which could easily be a subforum (I hate subforums, though) of the Video Games section. The description of the forum says "Discuss specs, upgrading your system, how to improve performance, or anything else." Funnily enough I created a specs thread a couple weeks ago and garnered 4 replies. Obviously nobody gives a fuck about the section.

Word Games & Trivia is dead. With the addition of the chatbox it actually serves zero purpose. The YouTube section needs to be deleted. The mafia section can stay (LOLSUBFORUM).

edit: forgot to mention the graphics section. Wait. We have a graphics section?

Now I know a lot of you like the way everything is set-up now and probably won't like this post much, and I'm not bashing the moderators of these sections by any means so don't take it like that. I'm just trying to point out that this place isn't moving in the right direction in my eyes... What can we do about it?

Change. Change is a scary word for a forum that seems to be in good standing. If it aint broke don't fix it, right? And besides, it's not like Headliner or Platt can do much about it anyway.

But dammit wouldn't it be cool if this place got a little bit of an upgrade? We've been on this skin for almost 5 years now. vBulletin is on version 4 already and this forum is still stuck on version 3 (as far as I know?). VerticalSports is making a killing and not doing shit and yet we continue to post here because it's home, and we're too lazy to move out. I can only imagine what it would be like to be able to post on a board were the "Adminstrator" actually cares and isn't in it for the big check. Take a minute and look at the other VerticalSports forums. WrestlingForum is easily EASILY the most popular forum, right? So we're the big money maker for VS then, right? Shouldn't we have a little more say in what goes? The problem with starting a new board is like I said we're too lazy to move out, and attracting new members is hardly a possibility. Try typing wrestling forums in on Google. A site like The Wrestle Club isn't even on the first 10 pages.

The internet is getting bigger and bigger, and this forum is going to be left behind by more progressive alternatives.

Sooner than you think.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Won't happen for a couple of reasons. This forum will continue attracting members because most other wrestling forums suck and are dead as fuck while this one is active. I've been on a Hip Hop forum that was pretty big and died, but that's because the hip hop fans either moved to bigger more active forums or they got a life. Most wrestling fans will never get lives and move on from WF. They will never get a job and move on in life. They will remain in their parents basements making youtube videos about how many stars John Cena vs. Randy Orton is and eating their boogers.

Well unless the admins lose interest and let it go to shit it could happen I guess.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
lol terrible opinion.

it's only the "lolwrestlingsection" to some of us in the non-wrestling sections. that's like 1% of this forum, not even. the mass, mass, MASS majority people here are here to talk wrestling. it's only most of the old fucks who no longer bother with it. when this forum crashes, it's because of wrestling. it's because this site is so popular and has so many people coming on when something big happens. and it will continue to attract new members. you google "wrestling forum," this is what you get. everyone looking for a wrestling forum googles "wrestling forum." that's why the influx is so high.

the only way this place would die is if all the admins just offed themselves or whatever.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
i dont know about five years, me personally i can see myself stop coming here in 5 years. now i go through phases of where i post daily and then barely post at all. i can go on without this forum right now probably, but i enjoy talking hip hop here hence why i still come here

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
People still use torrents :no:
As opposed to rapidshare, ya. Shit's faster bro.

lol terrible opinion.

it's only the "lolwrestlingsection" to some of us in the non-wrestling sections. that's like 1% of this forum, not even. the mass, mass, MASS majority people here are here to talk wrestling. it's only most of the old fucks who no longer bother with it. when this forum crashes, it's because of wrestling. it's because this site is so popular and has so many people coming on when something big happens. and it will continue to attract new members. you google "wrestling forum," this is what you get. everyone looking for a wrestling forum googles "wrestling forum." that's why the influx is so high.

the only way this place would die is if all the admins just offed themselves or whatever.
Since we're in the making up statistics mode right now how about this. I'd say 60% of the wrestling section is 1 line responses to whatever the OP says, 10% actual discussion and 30% is bitching and complaining. Some discussion. Wrestling is in the shits now, and so is the discussion here. People are going to get tired of it and the forum population should whittle away and find better alternatives.

·
Administrator
33,700 Posts
As opposed to rapidshare, ya. Shit's faster bro.

Since we're in the making up statistics mode right now how about this. I'd say 60% of the wrestling section is 1 line responses to whatever the OP says, 10% actual discussion and 30% is bitching and complaining. Some discussion. Wrestling is in the shits now, and so is the discussion here. People are going to get tired of it and the forum population should whittle away and find better alternatives.
Rapidshare sucks now but I'll still use those kind of sites over torrents wherever possible much faster for me.

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Megaupload is pretty good I suppose, but I prefer just throwing up a torrent and leaving it to finish over night. I hate having to download a file one at a time. Too many clicks.

·
Administrator
33,700 Posts
I use fileserve now seems to be one of the ones preferred by uploaders and I use JDownloader for downloading just queue up all the links I want to download each morning and leave them to download. Torrets can be ok but I prefer to have a guarenteed fast speed.

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use fileserve now seems to be one of the ones preferred by uploaders and I use JDownloader for downloading just queue up all the links I want to download each morning and leave them to download. Torrets can be ok but I prefer to have a guarenteed fast speed.
While you're here.

How many users joined in January 2011 compared to January 2010.

·
Trump and Macron will Rule the World
3,313 Posts
good read and will read again.

And I disagree with OP to an extent. I still think that this will always be the most active wrestling forum just based on the fact of how shit the rest of the internet wrestling forums are on the web.

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good read and will read again.

And I disagree with OP to an extent. I still think that this will always be the most active wrestling forum just based on the face of how the shit the rest of the internet wrestling forums are on the web.
Right now this forum has 169 active users. I'm saying in 2016 this forum will have around 69 active users on at this time. If that's the most active wrestling board then hot damn.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
But yeah, past few years activity has gone down probably due to the fact wrestling hasn't been seen as "cool" or even entertaining for the past few years for a lot of people. I remember back in the late 90s it was the cool thing to get into, but now? People have to hide the fact they watch it.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.