Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro wrestling in my mind should be big tough men whooping ass. You know when you can get together with your buddies, shoot some shit and watch some badass men kick some butt.

It shouldn't be a competition to see which midget can do ballet or gymnastics better.

Wrestling should be like a night when you open a can of beer and watch the Expendables with your friends. No one wants to watch Black Swan Ballet with their buddies on a Monday night.

Agree or disagree?

·
Molly Mayhem on your doorstep at 3am
766 Posts
Expandables 3 bombed while the first 2 were big hits. It's all about interesting characters being played by interesting charismatic people in interesting storylines. I don't care if it's a big dude or a small dude. I'd take Hornswoggle over The Great Khali anyday. It's the fact that they are not using these "midgets" properly.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Small dudes don't draw in wrestling, even the charismatic ones are very hard to promote.

Audience has always been inclinated to ass kickers, there is not a bigger fact in this bussines.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree.

Austin, Rock, Triple H, Hogan, Nash, Hall, Undertaker, Kane, Mankind, Hardcore Holly, JBL, Angle, Benoit, Edge, Val Venis, Tazz, Al Snow and the list goes on and on and on.......

Wbat do they all have in common?

They are all alpha males. Thats why I watch wrestling. Wrestling is a scripted fight, to see who is toughest.

Name some alpha males in WWE or AEW now.....

Roman, Joe, Moxley, Jericho, Corbin, Brock, who else? Probably some ive forgot. Lashley and Rusev? Both feminized by Lana. Bryan? Kofi? Allin? Funhouse Bray? Ricochet? Carillo? Seth? Styles? Becky? (lmao, shes so tough she is called the man)

Not eveybody has to be a meathead, but there are very few tough guys now, not just in wrestling but in mainstream in general. Look at movies, look at music.

Effeminate males are all the rage, just the society we are in.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
It shouldn't be either. It should be about larger than life characters who can talk/have insane charisma. It doesn't matter what size they are.

That said, you're more likely to find big, strong men who can kick ass and can also talk and have tons of charisma than you are to find the circus acts. The reason a wrestler becomes a circus act is because they can't rely on anything else. Into the bin, mate. Most big wrestlers have no charisma and can't talk either, they tend to be somewhere in the middle, but it's closer to that end of the spectrum.

Also, LOL Balor.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It shouldn't be either. It should be about larger than life characters who can talk/have insane charisma. It doesn't matter what size they are.
He never mentioned size. A small guy can be tough looking with the way he carries himself.

There are hardly any badasses anymore or people who have an aura of a badass

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
He never mentioned size. A small guy can be tough looking with the way he carries himself.

There are hardly any badasses anymore or people who have an aura of a badass
Shingo Takagi, Ishii and Mox are the 3 that spring to mind for me

ps> it says ‘big’ right there in the title btw

·
Registered
588 Posts
I agree to some extent. Its not about size but the way you carry yourself. I could always buy into Benoit or Aries but never Riccochet or Cedric Alexander. There is a huge difference between the four. All of whom around the same size (with benoit being abit more jacked) Aries and Benoit looked and carried themselves like asskicking badasses. Meanwhile Riccochet fingers his butt online and Cedric looks like he enjoys fingering his butt in private.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
We got Tyson Fury and Cain last month, two guys that would flatten every top WWE star in history in a boxing or mma and the fans rejected them completely.

Bill Kazmaier, Nathan Jones, Ted Arcidi legit strongmen have flopped spectacularly in pro wrestling. Mark Henry was horrible for 15 years in WWE until finally it clicked in his head in 2011

If everyone was a big strong tough guy nobody would stand out because everyone would be the same hence why in 2003 when wwe had Steiner, HHH, Goldberg, Jones, Lesnar, big show, Kane, Taker, Morgan, a-Train even angle acting big and tough business collapsed.

Its not a coincidence that this guy is one of biggest draws of all time and he never acted tough. He popularized showmanship in pro wrestling and most characters in boxing, mma and pro wrestling that came after like Ali, McGregor, rock, Austin, Hogan, Cena don't happen without George becoming biggest thing on American tv in late 40s

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Those days are over. Bodybuilders and tough guys aren't the ones being pushed anymore. They aren't attracted to the business like they used to be. The top up and coming guys are more about in-ring flash and you can't be flashy and move like a cruiserweight if you're big, which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Those days are over. Bodybuilders and tough guys aren't the ones being pushed anymore. They aren't attracted to the business like they used to be. The top up and coming guys are more about in-ring flash and you can't be flashy and move like a cruiserweight if you're big, which is unfortunate.
Lesnar has been top champion in WWE most of last 5 years so it's strange to say tough guys aren't being pushed

After that define 'tough'. Dwayne Johnson wasn't a tough guy, Hogan wasn't, Austin with two busted knees and broken neck wouldn't last 10 seconds in a real fight with peak Dan Severn or Ken Shamrock in 98 but he got pushed not them.

Del Rio was a tough guy in real life but fans rejected his push, Sheamus is a tough enough guy fans rejected his push. Swagger was tough guy, fans rejected his push

·
Registered
447 Posts
Pro wrestling in my mind should be big tough men whooping ass. You know when you can get together with your buddies, shoot some shit and watch some badass men kick some butt.

It shouldn't be a competition to see which midget can do ballet or gymnastics better.

Wrestling should be like a night when you open a can of beer and watch the Expendables with your friends. No one wants to watch Black Swan Ballet with their buddies on a Monday night.

Agree or disagree?
I agree.

WWE is too busy trying to make thier talent look like teen celebrities than men

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.