Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. To start off, I own just about every PPV from 2001 on DVD. I am only missing 2, and I'm not sure if they were ever put out on DVD. Maybe someone can help me out

I can't find No Way Out 2001 or Insurrextion 2001 on DVD, only VHS. Were these titles ever released on DVD?

Also, was Armageddon 2000 ever released on DVD? That's another one I can only find the VHS of

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Hello everyone. To start off, I own just about every PPV from 2001 on DVD. I am only missing 2, and I'm not sure if they were ever put out on DVD. Maybe someone can help me out

I can't find No Way Out 2001 or Insurrextion 2001 on DVD, only VHS. Were these titles ever released on DVD?

Also, was Armageddon 2000 ever released on DVD? That's another one I can only find the VHS of

I don't think you can find Armageddon 00 or No Way Out 01 on DVD in Canada or the US, only on VHS to my knowledge. However, Silvervision has relesed both shows as a Tagged Classics DVD pack in the UK. They have a sale going on right now and as a matter of fact I'm ordering it today. You can get both shows for only £8.99 (about $14 Canadian) http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Armageddon-2000-No-Way-Out-2001-DVD-2-Discs.html

They also have Insurrextion 01 packed together with Rebellion 00 for a low price. http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Rebellion-2000-Insurrextion-2001-DVD-2-Discs.html

So if you're able to play Region 2 DVDs, go for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think you can find Armageddon 00 or No Way Out 01 on DVD in Canada or the US, only on VHS to my knowledge. However, Silvervision has relesed both shows as a Tagged Classics DVD pack in the UK. They have a sale going on right now and as a matter of fact I'm ordering it today. You can get both shows for only £8.99 (about $14 Canadian) http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Armageddon-2000-No-Way-Out-2001-DVD-2-Discs.html

They also have Insurrextion 01 packed together with Rebellion 00 for a low price. http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Rebellion-2000-Insurrextion-2001-DVD-2-Discs.html

So if you're able to play Region 2 DVDs, go for it.
Thanks for those links, but I don't think I can play Region 2 DVDs. Also, those packages both say "WWE", and I want the old "WWF" logo. Are these 2 packages available in Region 1?

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
Thanks for those links, but I don't think I can play Region 2 DVDs. Also, those packages both say "WWE", and I want the old "WWF" logo. Are these 2 packages available in Region 1?
Unfortunately they're not. You should be able to play R2 DVDs on your computer with an appropriate program like VLC. The logo is only changed on the cover, there shouldn't be any blurring. But if you're a collector and will only go for the original, then VHS is your only bet. Sorry.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately they're not. You should be able to play R2 DVDs on your computer with an appropriate program like VLC. The logo is only changed on the cover, there shouldn't be any blurring. But if you're a collector and will only go for the original, then VHS is your only bet. Sorry.
Ah, alright. Well, thanks very much for the info anyway. Looks like I may need to go the VHS route

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What model/make of DVD player do you have? You might be a simple hack away from it being multi-region enabled.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Well, what's great about SilverVision is that the images itself has all the WWF logos. Yes, the covers show WWE logos, but alle the old WWF PPV's still have all the WWF and no WWE blurring.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could try the multimedia section, Seabs has uploaded all three of the PPVs you mentioned. Here's a direct link to the thread in question:

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/wwe-ppvs/328113-ppv-archive.html

Don't forget to thank him.
Yeah, I've seen them online in the past, but I really want the actual DVDs of them

But thank you very much for that link, my friend. You are awesome for sending me that. I will use it, and I will thank him

I just really wanted to know if any of those 3 titles were ever put out on separate DVDs or only VHS

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
No Way Out and Insurrextion 2001 did not receive official individual DVD releases. WWE started releasing all events on DVD beginning with WrestleMania X-Seven.

In 2000, only the "Big 5" events got a DVD release - Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. Prior to that, SummerSlam 1999, WrestleMania XV, Unforgiven 1998, and Rock Bottom 1998 are the only pre-2000 PPVs that received official, individual DVD releases under the WWF banner.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

I have no idea about Insurextion on DVD, but I have a tagged classics DVD with both Armageddon 00 and NWO 01 on it. Not sure where you are, because I think the tagged classics are a British exclusive thing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No Way Out and Insurrextion 2001 did not receive official individual DVD releases. WWE started releasing all events on DVD beginning with WrestleMania X-Seven.

In 2000, only the "Big 5" events got a DVD release - Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, King of the Ring, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. Prior to that, SummerSlam 1999, WrestleMania XV, Unforgiven 1998, and Rock Bottom 1998 are the only pre-2000 PPVs that received official, individual DVD releases under the WWF banner.
Yeah I own those "Big 5" as you quoted from 2000 on DVD, but until you just mentioned it, I was unaware that those were the only 5 from 2000 that received DVD releases, so thanks for that info

I also own SummerSlam 1999 and WrestleMania XV, but I don't have Unforgiven 1998 or Rock Bottom 1998

Again, thanks alot for that info, cuz I have been trying to find other PPVs from 2000 and earlier on DVD, but now I know that there aren't any, so, you're awesome :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought it was pretty weird and dumb No Way Out 2001 (a superb PPV by the way) didn't get released on DVD.

- Vic
I agree completely, and Armageddon 2000 as well. I mean, awesome matches for both. 6-Man HIAC was awesome, and one of my all-time favorite matches is on No Way Out 2001 - [Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H 3 Stages Of Hell]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts