Wrestling Forum banner

Wrestling Observer *supposedly* has the almost confirmed Mania card *spoilers

17234 Views 178 Replies 110 Participants Last post by  virus21
I got this from the SWF podcast.They say the Observer has confirmed this legit.

No idea if this is true, and some of these matchups are head scratching to say the least.

The Morrison/K2/Trish vs Dolph/Laycool makes no sense at all
- Miz vs Cena
- HHH/Taker w/HBK as ref
- Edge vs Del Rio
- Orton vs Punk w/ Ryan in Punk's corner
- Morrison. Trish & Kelly Kelly vs. Dolph, Layla & McCool
- Barrett, Jackson, Slater & Gabriel vs. Show, Kane, Kofi & Christian
- Mysterio vs. Rhodes (possibly with Dusty)
- Lawler vs. Cole w/Swagger and Austin as Ref
- Bryan w/Gail vs. Sheamus w/Bellas

NO MITB
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Yeah I'm highly skeptical of this too. Nice to see another SWF fan though.
I hope to God that the card is at least a little bit better than what The Observer has shown here.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
Some of these don't make any sense.

The Corre vs. All those other guys doesn't make sense. I could see The Corre vs. Kane/Show or something but against Christian and Kingston as well just makes it retarded.

The Morrison/Kelly/Trish vs. Ziggler/Layla/McCool doesn't make much sense either. I guess they had that thing with Trish/Kelly vs. LayCool at the last PPV but Morrison and Ziggler have had nothing to do with one another. I wouldn't mind seeing the match if it got both onto the PPV, although it would be better as a one on one match...that could steal the show. I doubt that happens though.

These two matches make this report hard to believe.

· Premium Member
5,795 Posts
I know Stone Cold is coming back on monday and Cole is announcing his ref on monday too. But why would he announce Stone Cold as the ref??? Surely it will be someone like Alex Riley or Vickie

· Registered
7,244 Posts
On paper, it's possibly one of the worst Manias of all time but I really don't know how that can be avoided at this point (with all things considered of course)
bryan/sheamus, miz/cena, orton/punk, lawler/cole, hhh/taker, rhodes/rey could all be good-great.

· Banned
3,639 Posts
Honestly, even the matches that don't make sense make sense to me. Dolph Zigger is clearly going to come back. John Morrison needs something to do so he kinda gets thrown into it. Time restraints may have been the reason why the LayCool vs Kelly/Trish and Dolph/Morrison were mixed.

The Corre vs Smackdown makes sense.

The Bellas have a on going feud with Daniel Bryan. But Bryan isn't going to hit one and Gail get's no tv time on her own. Sheamus and Bryan both got attacked last week before matches and really couldn't compete. There paths are pointing towards each other.

HBK will have a part in the Taker/HHH match somehow. Taker matches are becoming more emotionally dramatic. So it makes sense.

· Registered
2,360 Posts
I could see this being the card. So what notable superstars are off the card? Drew McIntyre and R-Truth? A newly turned face Drew instead of Morrison would make so much more sense but I suppose Morrison is higher up WWE's pecking order. As for Truth, as much as I don't like him he was just in an Elimination Chamber so I find it odd that he's off the Mania card.

· Registered
4,209 Posts
I know cards are subject to change and/or house shows are to be ignored for the most part but:

Roanoke Civic Center have announced the official card for the WWE Smackdown 19th March 2011 Road To Wrestlemania houseshow:

WWE Tag Team Championship Match:
Christian & Kane vs. The Corre

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Would rather have MITB back, with Morrison/Ziggler/McIntyre/Kingston/R-Truth/DiBiase/Bourne/Christian/Kane/maybe Mark Henry and just make it Layla vs. McCool as the culmination of that entire angle. Give Big Show Diesel and Booker T as a WCW reunion in Atlanta vs. Corre--would be better than the utter randomness of the people they give him in this prospective card.

Trish looked like she had a ton of ring rust on her at Elimination Chamber.

The MITB PPV could get a boost from not having such a match at Wrestlemania, but it was a Wrestlemania tradition for a few good reasons, and now certain guys like McIntyre who should be on the show probably won't be.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.