Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've been in the rants section lately i'm sure you've heard me talking about this.

I don't know if you give out awards on this site but this is my idea on how we could do it.

There'd be a number of categories

1.11ER of the year/Rookie of the year (Only people who joined this year are eligible too win this award)

2.Poster of the year (Anyone is eligible too win this award and it's obviously the most important)

3.Surprised they wheren't banned award ( more of a comedy award. For people who have been a jerk/broken rules but are still members. I'm thinking p smith, rated rko franklin those types of posters

4.Smackdown and Raw award ( because this is a wrestling forum it only seems fair to have two awards for the top 2 posters in the wwe section )

5.Video Gamer of the year ( Awarded to the best contributor in the video games section )

6.TNA/other wrestling poster of the year ( awarded to the best Tna poster. As well as the best other wrestling poster)

7.The ask me anything award ( awarded to the best poster in the anything section )

8.Booker of the year ( awarded to the best poster in the btb section)

9.Mr hollywood( awarded to the best poster in the Entertainment section )

10.Sports Reporter of the year ( awarded to the best poster in the Sports Section )

11.You're the reason i watch wrestling Award ( awarded to the best uploader in the Wrestling Multimedia section

How it would work

With the mods help/premission. I/WE start a thread or sticky in each section and we'd have nominations. The thread would be locked after two days of voting then I/WE count the votes and reveal who the nominees are

(I'm saying I/We because i don't know if the mods will want to do this themselves or if i'm allowed to run it myself. I don't care either way )

additional information

I'm hoping to start this asap so everyone has a month to judge the nominees and make their final decision on who they vote for

As a nominee it's up to you how you promote yourself. You can do nothing and just hope your popularity is enough to get you the win. You can mention it in your sig example'' video gamer of the year nominee. '' That way people know what award your going for and gives you exposure over that month period or you could go nuts and make a twitter or something. It's really up to the nominees themselves

After the month we'd have the offical vote. Like I said i'm hoping to start this soon so we can do this at the end of november/early december. Because i know people have other things to do around christmas time and you cant expect them to allways be on here

This is just my draft i'm still trying to think of ways to make this run as smoothly as possible. At the same time however their's no point bothering if no one wants to take part

so for now thats my plan what do you guys think ?

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
We do have End of Year Awards with categories almost identical to what you have posted with the winners getting prizes such as a name change or whatever, it's not really necessary or needed but we do do it for some fun.

·
Banned
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think it could be a lot of fun. I'm really hoping i can win an award i think i deserve one. If i do say so myself :$

where can i get some more info

·
30,978 Posts
This is about the time when everyone on staff starts being assholes to fight it out for the most hated staff member award. EVERYONE SHOULD STAY CLEAR.

·
Administrator
59,004 Posts
This is about the time when everyone on staff starts being assholes to fight it out for the most hated staff member award. EVERYONE SHOULD STAY CLEAR.
Not me cause I made a full face turn pal.
Sephiroth said:
If they were a staff member at the beginning of the year and aren't anymore, can I still vote for Boonage McBoon that person?
Good question. In the past it was always 'no'. That was Rajah's rule; which he was strict on. We'll discuss it when it comes time.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Wait, permanent bans can be lifted? JM becoming an asshole, dude is scary enough as it is.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I'll be surprised and also have a warm tingly feeling if I get most hated staff again with all of the TNA-Listers gone now.

·
30,978 Posts
Wait, permanent bans can be lifted? JM becoming an asshole, dude is scary enough as it is.
wut?

If you guys do decide it is ok, would "David" be in the running for the admin switch joke?
That was a fun day. I wish I could see the chat box archive for some of the reactions. A couple guys in particular were in mind blown mode.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
You guys should have made WAGG a mod so people would go even more apeshit. Then when the joke was revealed, unmod him and then laugh at his tears.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Nah, I just said that because you don't bullshit around.

BKB, I am pretty sure all the rock marks hate you, you have a chance.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
I've got no hope for most hated staff member. I can't even get enough heat on myself for people to makes rants about me. Brye got one instantly. :(
I don't like you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.