Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching them all day on netflix. Doesn't it make you love wrestling even more and respect the superstar whos being documented? It just opens your eyes on how these people are pure athletes which is probably than an actual sport since there is no actual rest time since its all around schedule. I as a kid thought that everything was ok but watching these movies on how they just travel having no time to rest while they are seriously injured. From how they warm up every match, dedicating their lives to wrestling and the media, and not being able to see their family besides like 5 to 6 times a year I could go on...

Which documentary from wrestling you like the most? It could be a documentary of matches or just a bio on a specific person.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
There is one called "Wrestling secrets exposed" on youtube. Pretty interesting, worth the watch.

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Are there any movies about wrestling that are actually good? The only one I've seen that is very good is "GAEA Girls". Any recomendations? Please don't say "Beyond the Mat", "The Wrestler" or "Bloodstained Memoirs", they're weak.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try the documentary of the Ultimate Warrior at youtube, it is entitled "The Destruction of The Ultimate Fighter"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are there any movies about wrestling that are actually good? The only one I've seen that is very good is "GAEA Girls". Any recomendations? Please don't say "Beyond the Mat", "The Wrestler" or "Bloodstained Memoirs", they're weak.
I just watched "Wrestling Road Diaries" or whatever that had Cabana and Danielson in it, I really liked it. There's a few documentaries out there that cover the indies, and I tend to enjoy those more than WWE productions, even if the indy ones aren't always masterpieces.

·
Old School
4,783 Posts
I've always been compelled with the story of Bret Hart. Bret Hart the person is just an interesting man. Very professional, driven, and respectable. The stories of him growing up in the dungeon, going through Stampede Wrestling and his rise through the WWF was just amazing. And then of course you get into what is in my opinion the worst string of tragedies and wrestler has ever seen. The Screwjob, the loss of Owen, the loss of his father, the loss of Davey Boy Smith, and then of course his stroke all in the course of roughly 5 years. It's a miracle he hasn't lost it through all that. It's one of the reasons why I love and respect Bret to death. He's my second favorite wrestler behind Austin. I've seen Wrestling With Shadows, the Greatest Rivalries DVD, and his DVD from back in '05 I believe it was released. I know his story like the back of my hand.

But, the greatest documentary I've seen to date is hands down Austin's latest DVD. You learn so much about stuff you never hear about. We know the beer drinking, stone cold stunning rattlesnake we all have grown to love over the years, but you don't hear about anything pre-WWF/E, the details on his broken neck, the shit he went through just a day before WM19, and so much more. Austin's one of those guys who just has the intangibles that glues you to the screen when he's on which is why I watch.

·
FAKE HAPPY
12,533 Posts
I loved the DVD Breaking the Code Behind the Walls of Jericho. Also The Monday Night Wars (2004 DVD).

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
LOL, they act like wrestling is still a circus act, where only the performers and promoter are in on it....
I think it's interesting. Apprantly Dustin Rhodes is in it.

Though I'm still not sure if some of the stuff is true. E.g. like the microphone under the ring or the announcers giving the referee instructions (which sounds silly because how did J.R. + Lawler give instructions when they were seated near the Titanron?).

·
Registered
567 Posts
There's one that Louis Theroux did, features a lot of WCW alumni I believe. It's on YouTube.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Beyond The Mat, The Rise & Fall of ECW, Forever Hardcore, Wrestling With Shadows and Monday Night War are probably the best documentaries I've seen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts