Wrestling Forum banner
541 - 558 of 558 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
All right folks....

here are the results.

First off thanks for participating. This was the maiden voyage. We may do this again in a few months. I will certainly tweek some things. Probably will need to enforce dealines more and set up a way to encourage and regulate trades.

But as far as your Week 4 PPV's

This was by far the best. Everyone had really nice shows.

First place and the 12 points goes to @GNKenny
Second place and 10 points goes to @Bobby Lee
Third place and 8 points goes to @BruiserKC
Fourth place and 6 points is a three way tie between @Jupiter Jack Daniels, @Mr Charismatic and @ClassicFan
Fifth place and 4 points goes to @Mutant God @RealDealNow @Buttermaker

So......

The winner of the first ever Classic Fanatsy Draft and Promotion War goes to....

@Bobby Lee......congrats, Bobby had a very strong showing in all four of his cards.

Here are the final results....

1. @Bobby Lee : 42 points
2. tie @GNKenny: 36 points @ClassicFan: 36 points
4. @Buttermaker: 26 points
5. tie @BruiserKC: 24 points @Jupiter Jack Daniels: 24 points
7. @Mutant God: 21 points
8. @Mr Charismatic: 18 points
9. @RealDealNow: 10 points

·
Likes wrestling....
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 · (Edited)
All right folks....

here are the results.

First off thanks for participating. This was the maiden voyage. We may do this again in a few months. I will certainly tweek some things. Probably will need to enforce dealines more and set up a way to encourage and regulate trades.

But as far as your Week 4 PPV's

This was by far the best. Everyone had really nice shows.

First place and the 12 points goes to @GNKenny
Second place and 10 points goes to @Bobby Lee
Third place and 8 points goes to @BruiserKC
Fourth place and 6 points is a three way tie between @Jupiter Jack Daniels, @Mr Charismatic and @ClassicFan
Fifth place and 4 points goes to @Mutant God @RealDealNow @Buttermaker

So......

The winner of the first ever Classic Fanatsy Draft and Promotion War goes to....

@Bobby Lee......congrats, Bobby had a very strong showing in all four of his cards.

Here are the final results....

1. @Bobby Lee : 42 points
2. tie @GNKenny: 36 points @ClassicFan: 36 points
4. @Buttermaker: 26 points
5. tie @BruiserKC: 24 points @Jupiter Jack Daniels: 24 points
7. @Mutant God: 21 points
8. @Mr Charismatic: 18 points
9. @RealDealNow: 10 points
So......one like? You guys are sore losers, lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
Anyone else feel the voting system was super flawed in this "contest?" I came in 4th on the final card, despite finishing 2nd in all the others (and I felt my 4th card was my best card). To make sure I wasn't crazy I posted the 1st place finisher of card 4 against mine head-to-head in a classic wrestling group on FB and this is the result after about a day of voting by those in the group. I think too many people allowed other factors to determine their voting choices and not the actual card presented.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
I gave first place to Mr Charismatic on the last one because his matches interested me the most. As I've said ad nauseam the WWF is far from my favorite company and I tend to prefer wrestlers outside it. Like I'd much rather watch Wahoo McDaniel than the Rock for example. (Please don't take that the wrong way, Mr. C lol).

I just picked cards with matches that personally interested me the most.

·
Registered
666 Posts
@ClassicFan

I started to write a novel, but it is fairly simple.

People are going to vote much how they drafted.

If you and 8 of those in your facebook group drafted... you are not getting "Stone Cold" Steve Austin 8th over all in the first round nor Hulk Hogan 11th overall in the second round. You got them because others like/wanted Terry Funk, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Genichiro Tenryu, Bret Hart, The Rock, Kurt Angle.. (Steve Austin), Dusty Rhodes, and Bruiser Brody more.

Look at other guy's rosters. That's the type of matches they like. Look at your matches. You had wrestlers from the 80s and 90s plus Bruno Sammartino (4th round) until you drafted Verne Gagne, Killer Kowalski, Gene Anderson and Ole Anderson late in rounds 8 and 9. Guys who love wrestling from the 60s-70s aren't going to vote the same way as those in your facebook poll. No one is wrong, we just like different wrestlers. You did a great job with your draft and PPV's. It was all just for fun. I'm not trying to attack you. I'm trying to point out perception.

Mr. Charistmatic did great btw.

·
Registered
Charisma is that when people look at you and start shivering.
788 Posts
Wow! I am surprised I managed to please most of you if not all.
And for that voting system, it is all about preferences. It cannot be determined by a single factor. Everybody has different kind of taste.
Kenny I really liked the creativity and ideas in your cards. You mostly finished in my top 3. Bobby Lee was effective with his simple cards.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Wow! I am surprised I managed to please most of you if not all.
And for that voting system, it is all about preferences. It cannot be determined by a single factor. Everybody has different kind of taste.
Kenny I really liked the creativity and ideas in your cards. You mostly finished in my top 3. Bobby Lee was effective with his simple cards.
Hey, I appreciate that lol

·
Likes wrestling....
11,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
To be clear @GNKenny boat raced everyone in the fourth voting.

That was the only round it was not close.
I have all the results in hand, if you actually want me to post them.

I just think it would be best to leave it as is.

Everyone's cards appealed to different folks.

541 - 558 of 558 Posts