Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, honestly which wrestlers can you just not take seriously through their gimmick, they're championship reign, they're appearance, or whatever. Here are some of mine from the past to present:

Degeneration X [From 2007-Present]: DX was a stable to be reckoned with in 1998 and all those years back then, and quite frankly also in 2006 with the whole Vince thing, blood, HIAC, and I believed all that was pretty awesome, but now It's just that these two should not be tag team wrestlers. Tag teams should be for young guys, or guys not over with the fans. I like DX, but I couldn't take them seriously from 2007 to now.

'Tough' Wrestlers: I'm talking about people with gimmicks such as Tyler Reks, Snitsky, Kane, Mike Knox, it just wasn't believable to me. Kane with the mask was believable since his wrestling style was sort of like a street fight, but the 'Evil' guys that just throw those wimpy wrist-punches and scream for no reason don't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Eugene: I think my point has been made.

Hornswoggle: See above definition.

Chavo Guerrero: This might be a wildcard to some of you, but honestly, if I saw him as any champion, even cruiserweight, I'd be a little laughing asshole. Chavo vs. Rey Mysterio was one of my favorite feuds, but I don't know about Chavo being taken seriously. Even in the 'La Familia' angle I couldn't take him seriously as a tool of Edge's!

John Cena 'Soldier': His rapping gimmick was very believable because of the fact that he did rap back then, but this whole Soldier thing doesn't appeal to me whatsoever, whenever he does that salute thing I always chuckle a little bit because I can't believe he isn't laughing himself.

Ric Flair: Ric Flair in his late years of the WWE seemed pathetic, no offense to the man but he should have retired years before hand, and Shawn Michaels should have stayed longer.

Predictable PayPerViews/Matches: Gee, I wonder what kind of matches we are going to have at Hell In A Cell, or TLC, or Money In The Bank... :rolleyes: Honestly, what the hell is going on there? Unforgiven, No Mercy, and Backlash were HELLA better names than those. Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels, I wonder who was going to win that match. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels [WM25&26] is the same deal. Sad.

The NeXus/SPECIFICALLY David Otunga: David Otunga does not look like a tough, mean, viscous man. Whenever he tries to act tough he reminds me of a little pug, and I just want to go over there and give him a scooby snack. Husky Harris and David McGuilicutablahblahblah are definitely not supposed to be wrestlers either, send them back to McDonalds where they belong.

Those are a few of what I think are sort of ridiculous. What are yours?

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
Husky Harris, seriously ? Have you watched NXT ? He's very charismatic, talented, and he's only 23. Even Stone Cold Steve Austin is a fan of him.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,038 Posts
Santino Marella, mainly because he's a comedic angle but even if he was serious I couldn't take him seriously

Chavo Guerrero, as good as he is in the ring, all he's good for is talent enhancment or maybe a mid-card title reign. But that's about it

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
Dashing Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler what kind of name is Dolph Ziggler he needs to stop trying to be Mr Perfect hes no wear near the same league as he is and if you seen Danielsons Indy work you would know he is a Wrestler.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
*puts flame suit on*
The Miz: He looks like a kid,seriously,he does and it ruins the credibility that the WWE title would have when he holds it. And about his mic work... I find it ...very monotone... AND THEN HE SCREAMS AT THE TOP OF HIS LUUUNGS! and then talks very slowly again...

Sheamus: I keep expecting a Raw when he just comes out with sun burns or super tanned and does a comedy skit with Santino mocking him. That's enough to get the message,isn't it?

I'm serious, Daniel Bryan ruins my Monday night variety show with this thing called "wrestling".

It's not that I don't hate him, its just that he's on the wrong show. He should be on Smackdown where he can wrestle and be given 10-20 minutes consistently.
So you don't want wrestling on a wrestling show?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
DH Smith- He's decent in the ring but he's just so boring

The Usos- They garner no reaction and are completely generic

Jack Swagger- He tries to be a cocky heel but just comes off goofy as hell

Tyler Reks- He tries to be scary but I just can't help but remember his surfer gimmick...

·
Registered
856 Posts
I agree with Dolph Ziggler. He can go in the ring, has a great look, and isn't bad on the mic. There is just something about him that makes him seem so harmless and innocent. It might have something to do with the fact that he has the voice of a 12 year old, but I'm not really sure.

·
Registered
200 Posts
*puts flame suit on*
The Miz: He looks like a kid,seriously,he does and it ruins the credibility that the WWE title would have when he holds it. And about his mic work... I find it ...very monotone... AND THEN HE SCREAMS AT THE TOP OF HIS LUUUNGS! and then talks very slowly again...
Nail on the head.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I'll go ahead and use the same format as you...

David Otunga: Isn't this one obvious? There's a grocery list of things that prevent me from taking this guy seriously. His wrestling ability is non-existent, same goes for his mic skills, he has the voice of a pre-pubescent 12 year old boy, that ugly hoodie and even those wedgie tights make him an even bigger joke. He possesses nothing that would ever have me take him seriously.

Hornswoggle: Does this even count?

Tyler Reks: Maybe I'll eventually take him seriously, but even in this new "badass Tarzan" gimmick, I just can't seem to take him seriously. Why? I actually can't give a single, solid reason. Maybe it's because of his previous surfer dude gimmick, maybe it's because of his mic skills or maybe it's because of his hair. Something about him just doesn't scream legit. I don't know.

Eugene: I don't hate this guy as much as everyone else seems to, but yeah, this one's a bit obvious as well.

Alex Riley: I still don't see the love for this guy. Yeah, he's solid on the mic, but he's no Jericho or Punk that some pass him off as. I don't really know how to describe it, but whenever I see him, I just feel awkward. For example, last week on Raw, when he was done with his little Miz cock suck, he just threw his arms out. Weird.

Jeff Hardy: The only time I could even consider him legit was during the Hardy Boyz days. But, when he got that World Title push, it just didn't look right. I mean, think about it. Jeff Hardy with a World Title. It doesn't sound right. The belt even looked huge on him, and don't even get me started on his mic skills. Hell, I even know a guy who's basically a life long Jeff fan, but when it comes to his World Title reign, he even thinks I shouldn't have happened.

Tyson Tomko: I think I just realized this last night while watching New Year's Revolution 05. This guy was a joke. If anyone has this show, watch the post-match segment after the tag match. He only says like three words, but it's enough to make me think he's a total joke. Sure, Christian was amazing during this whole "Problem Solver" gimmick, but Tomko? Not so much.

Kelly Kelly: Ah, can't forget the Divas. And Kelly is the perfect example. She's being passed off as someone with legit wrestling ability, while she's actually just a complete joke. Simple as that.

Alicia Fox: Alica's passed off as kinda the "dominate Diva", but that's just not the case. She's below average in the ring compared to most Divas (abysmal compared to Nattie or Beth), and her "undefined" mic skills don't help.

I'm pretty much positive I could add more to this list, but I can't think of any more ATM. I'm sure I'll add more later.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
Daniel Bryan, as good as a wrestler he is his gimmick is just so generic...you just can't take him seriously. He's boring until the bell rings and he's boring after the match is over.

Drew McIntyre is another who just seems so generically lame.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
John Morrison, seriously why has no one said him yet? Girly physique, silly wrestling moves and a bad finisher unless it hits right which is never seems to. On top of that, he always sounds like he's trying to be a Hollywood Hero like his confrontation with Sheamus, that's awkward because it sounds as if he's always closing dead cringey like. So definitely John Morrison.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts