Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any wrestlers that didn't succeed in the WWE that puzzle you?

Raven is tops for me. Diamond Dallas Page being on board for a stalker angle is another
one. He should have remained the People's Champ and feuded with The Rock for the right to
call himself that. Billy Kidman, I really thought he was a special wrestler. I was certain he was going to have a great career in the WWE.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
Juventuud Guerrera, he was excellent in WCW and I'd go as far as saying he's the best cruiserweight they ever had. However by the time WWE picked him up Juvi was aging, carrying numerous injuries and had publicly embarrassed himself on the WCW tour of Australia leaving him a shadow of his former self.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,617 Posts
Esse Rios, who'd have thought he'd never get bigger the wrestling on Metal everyweek. Haha j/k :)

Seriously though thinking about it now, I wonder how Perry Saturn would have done it things didn't go the way they did with him. Also Matt Morgan when he was in WWE. But other then that, most people who didn't become huge, i believe were either not good enough and simply weren't able to cut it at the top.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Raven as OP said.
Mr Perfect
Ted DiBiase Sr.
Owen Hart
Razor Ramon
Mr. Anderson/Kennedy
Goldust
Vader
British Bulldog
Christian

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perry Saturn, good call. Really nice technical wrestler who got saddled with a horrendous gimmick. Well, Razor Ramon was taken down by Scott Hall's ego and substance problem.

Goldust, yeah, I really liked him when he was feuding with Undertaker. Undertaker used to have creepy dudes like Goldust and Mankind to feud against. Hopefully Goldust gets involved with Dashing Cody Rhodes or gets a nice midcard send off. Have you seen him the last year?
He's in damn fine shape for being in his 40s. Possibly the best of his career. He's also worked a bunch of nice matches.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

They had all the skills imo. Kennedy had so many chances to make it but failed. MVP's career was ruined ever since they began that stupid losing streak angle. Then he turned face and never looked like the same person.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Kidman, didn't make it... why because he was pushed to high up the card in WCW in the first place. He might be good in the ring but I never remember him being that over and he was a high flyer anyway.

Raven's decent. I never had anything against him. I just never saw how his gimmick was WWE Main Event worthy. ECW Main Event worthy... hell yes. But I could never see why on earth people thought he could Main Event alongside Rock, Austin, HHH ect...

(Also, after cross referencing the ECW title with other major title including TNA's I discredit ECW ever being a world title when no one from the orginal ECW won a world title anywhere else. Seriously Sandman a 7 time world champ sounds ridiculous compared to the Rock being a 7 time WWE Champ.... not in the same league.) I say all that to say Raven was never a world champ in my eyes.

I even think he could have done it in WCW... just not the WWE after the attitude era ended. Plus that era was not long. Everyone who could have gotten a reign there did. I do think Raven was more deserving than some later WCW champs.

Kennedy, MVP, Umaga and Lashley.

The reason being is Kennedy was given the world on a platter and somehow couldn't handle it. He deserved to talent wise... but whether it be the schedule being to much for his body, backstage politics, or flat out lying about steroids.

MVP had a hell of a 2007 and had the ring work to back it up. Alot of people say the face turn messed him up. I don't think so. He was still over and was very charismatic. He was an excellent mic worker still, could work a crowd and wasn't bad in the ring at all. His past hurt him more than anything. He can't leave out the country and apparently he pissed someone off backstage. Unlike some guys who held the U.S. title long his reign was both worthy and entertaining. Bryan is deserving but not enertaining... The Miz is entertaining and I even say deserving (by overness) to be world champ. Just saying MVP was a more complete package than our current champ who had a similar push.

Umaga, on major PPV's that boy went all the way out. Ask Cena, ask Lashley ask Hardy.

Lashley, he's the only reason why I fail to see the point in calling WWE racist. He was damn near guaranteed a world title. All I know is if I'm a rasict i'm not letting you shave my head on the biggest show of the year if I have no plans on pushing you further.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Kennedy and MVP. They should be two of the biggest stars on the planet along with Cena and Orton. WWE were completely retarded for failing to use them to their potential. Now they're paying for it.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Matt Morgan too... but he came into his own after the WWE release. I don't like TNA but that man is phenomenal and very much deserving of a major title reign in front of more than 20 people.

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Raven as OP said.
Mr Perfect
Ted DiBiase Sr.
Owen Hart
Razor Ramon
Mr. Anderson/Kennedy
Goldust
Vader
British Bulldog
Christian
Agreed
Made it
Made it
Made it
Made it
Debatable
Made it
Agreed
Made it
Made it

I'm guessing you are quantifying *made it* in terms of world titles. Most of these guys had long/memorable runs in the company and if they can stick around in the top company in the world or make a name for themselves in said company than I consider that *making it*.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I agree with all of your picks fellas. Just off the top of my head I would say Adam Bomb. Awesome theme and entrance. also had a good look to him. o well..

also i think if Brian Pillman did not pass away i think he would have a had a decent run. He was awesome as a heel on the mic. The ticking time bomb is my favorite heel ever...RIP

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Colt Cabana that guy was made for PG era WWE.
I agree. Cabana (WWE name Scotty Goldman :rolleyes:) is a pretty decent wrestler for his size.

I also agree with the board member that said Matt Morgan and Jindrak...Great stuttering gimmick for Morgan Vince :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
They made it but were stupidely buried, shame on you Vince !

Mordecai (as an anti-undertaker)

Mohammed Hassan and Daivari (but not the late stupid gimmick)
This discourse was so right and spot on, that i always wish to cry when i think about arab americans during this time. :(

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Raven as OP said.
Mr Perfect
Ted DiBiase Sr.
Owen Hart
Razor Ramon

Mr. Anderson/Kennedy
Goldust
Vader
British Bulldog
Christian[
/QUOTE]

All of the people in bold made it in the WWE. Hell, Mr. Perfect and Ted DiBiase are HOFers for pete's sakes. Owen Hart would be one if his wife let him. British Bulldog probably will be one eventually.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Kennedy and MVP. They should be two of the biggest stars on the planet along with Cena and Orton. WWE were completely retarded for failing to use them to their potential. Now they're paying for it.
Agree with this. Looking at their booking in 06/07 it's SHOCKING that the WWE dropped the ball with them (I guess Kennedy is partly to blame) but MVP had it all, and didn't do anything wrong, they just completely dropped the ball. They should have been two of the biggest main eventers today, it's quite bewildering how strongly the WWE failed with these two.

I would maybe add Carlito to that list too, he might not have 'been bothered' but he was one of the most complete packages in the company in 05/06 and it looked like they were serious about the guy at that point (even being in the last two elimination chamber 06). He had a great look, he was incredibly charasmatic, he was good in the ring, fantastic on the mic, had a good gimmick, he had a catchphrase etc. I thought he would have made it.

Also thought I'd mention Vladmir Kozlov (since it's obvious he won't be getting far), not surprising for his skill set, how he wrestled, his star presence etc because he was pretty abysmal. But when you look at his booking, it's pretty surprising that he didn't get further. He was booked as undefeted for ages, got title matches, beat Undertaker clean at one point etc but thankfully got dropped right back down the card.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
MVP had a hell of a 2007 and had the ring work to back it up. Alot of people say the face turn messed him up. I don't think so. He was still over and was very charismatic. He was an excellent mic worker still, could work a crowd and wasn't bad in the ring at all. His past hurt him more than anything. He can't leave out the country and apparently he pissed someone off backstage. Unlike some guys who held the U.S. title long his reign was both worthy and entertaining. Bryan is deserving but not enertaining... The Miz is entertaining and I even say deserving (by overness) to be world champ. Just saying MVP was a more complete package than our current champ who had a similar push.
That’s nonsense and false. That’s just Internet hype that people on this forum who like to throw at him for not either winning a World title or getting a push (yet he got a big push as a Heel and went over 80% of the main event roster as well getting WWE title shot matches against Triple H for almost a month on House shows-hmmmm..) cause MVP believe it or not like you said was a total package wrestler with no massive weakness. MVP was traveling everywhere with the company but just had to fill out some documents but still showed up nonetheless. He is on his way to Japan and going to have his first match on February 20th.

So either the rumors of him acting up backstage are true or just politics of him not sucking up to the right person to make it cause MVP is a “tell it like it is” type person. But he is fine and never been happier in wrestling in Japan.

Agreed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts