Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who some wrestlers you always wanted to win the world title but never got to the big one 2 that spring to mind are Mr Perfect and Owen Hart

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not a World Title, but I always thought Shannon Moore should have been the cruiserweight champ.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Really two just stick out to me, but I'm sure there are many worthy candidates to post in this thread.

Scott Hall/Razor Ramon-One of the best heels in the 90s, and I believe he could've won multiple titles if given the opportunity. Great mic skills, very charismatic, and could put on a solid match. I just wonder if he stayed off the booze, he would actually have won a belt at least once. But no matter what your opinion is of him, he deserved at least one title reign.

Rowdy Roddy Piper-Quite honestly one of the greatest heels this business has ever seen. Like he said to Hogan when he debuted in WCW, "Do you think the crowd would've cheered for you if they didn't hate me so much?" I have the utmost respect for Piper, and I am shocked he never held a major world title in his career. One of my all-time favorites, and I can still vividly remember his great return at WM19.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Christian
Kennedy
Mr. Perfect
Owen Hart
Scott Hall
Roddy Piper
William Regal
Carlito (shut up)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well if we dont count the ECW title I would say Raven I always thought he should of one the world title in WCW while he was with the flock

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Adam Bomb

And I'll be the first to call bullshit on Owen Hart. He was a good wrestler but was destined to be a midcarder. The only reason everybody *always* want him to win the title now is because... yah.
I do agree that there is a great deal of rose tinted sentimentality surrounding Owen Hart since his death, but I genuinely wanted him to win the WWF Championship in 1994 during his feud with Bret Hart. At the time I really wanted Owen to beat Bret, hold the title until Wrestlemania XI and then square off against Bret in a WMX rematch.

The only guy I can really think of is Jake Roberts: he should've been champ in 1992.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Adam Bomb

And I'll be the first to call bullshit on Owen Hart. He was a good wrestler but was destined to be a midcarder. The only reason everybody *always* want him to win the title now is because... yah.
Hart had the skills on the mic and in the ring but his look just made him a midcarder for life, I agree.

Hall/Ramon - It's his own fault though. I think he would have been the WWF Champ had he stayed.

Mr. Perfect - Yup, pretty clear.

William Regal - I understand why it didn't happen but he's got it all.

Guys like Roberts, Piper and DiBiase didn't get a title run because they were the perfect heels and they didn't need a title, that's just how it was back then, the face held the belt most of the time. Later on in WCW Piper didn't win the WCW Title because A) he was shit in the ring, had several surgeries behind him, B) Hogan was champ and they wanted him to stay champ until Sting came back.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts