Wrestling Forum banner

Wrestlers With Overseas Experience

955 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  hello (:
I like wrestlers who have wrestled in Japan and Mexico typically more than wrestlers who have only wrestled in America. Its just brings a lot of experience working different styles to a wrestler.

Also, it makes for good autobiographies. I love the Jericho and Foley autobiographies and I have a hard time imagining myself reading the autobiographies of these current young clones.

"I went through a dungeon, worked in FCW and joined WWE as Bart Johannsen!"

Did you? Oh goody.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
Agreed. Although in the old days, most of the boys from Stampede Wrestling did stints in Japan. Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask are wicked matches.
In fact I'll take things a step farther and say I like international talent. Japanese wrestling, particularly strong style, gives the impression of real competition. Lucha Libre may be a little spotty but it can also have great psychology. Watch a guy like ***** Casas work a match. He's not a high flyer, doesn't even wear a mask, but some of the stuff he does is pretty neat. I also really like the showmanship in lucha.
Super excited to see Sin Cara make his debut. FCW may be a great place to polish guys up and get them used to WWE style, a la Kaval, but some of the guys coming out of the system are REALLY green.

· Banned
48 Posts
I like wrestlers who have wrestled in Japan and Mexico typically more than wrestlers who have only wrestled in America. Its just brings a lot of experience working different styles to a wrestler.

Also, it makes for good autobiographies. I love the Jericho and Foley autobiographies and I have a hard time imagining myself reading the autobiographies of these current young clones.

"I went through a dungeon, worked in FCW and joined WWE as Bart Johannsen!"

Did you? Oh goody.
WWE does several overseas tours per year, so pretty much all WWE Superstars have overseas experience.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,508 Posts
WWE does several overseas tours per year, so pretty much all WWE Superstars have overseas experience.
OP missed a few places.

Bret wrestled in Kuwait. Foley has wrestled in some small town in Africa. Took place on a football field. And got paid like $400 for that whole week.

I've read Bret's book, Foley and Chris Jericho's book and I can conclude that Puerto Rico has got to be hell on earth(no offense to any Puerto Ricans here). the Face wrestlers get mauled by ring rats and heels get cups of piss thrown at them.

· Plotting time travel mission.
8,761 Posts
Currently in WWE I think these are the superstars who have international experience from either Mexico and Japan

Daniel Bryan
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
Gold Dust
Natalya
Ted Dibiase
Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Alberto Del Rio
Chavo Guerrero
Christian
Edge
Rey Mysterio
Undertaker

· Registered
865 Posts
Chris Hero wrestles here in Australia from time to time :)
I know he isn't in WWE but I thought it was a "Fun Fact" for us sour Aussies :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.