Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
topic says it all. which wrestlers are genuine martial artists? i know a lot of the older generation had legitimate careers as amateur wrestlers/judokas, and i know some wrestlers in the current roster were amateur wrestlers in highschool/college such as jack "i wish i was kurt angle" swagger. the most decorated is obviously kurt angle with his olympic gold medal, but lesnar and swagger both reached very high levels in the sport, but never the peak like angle did. i know cm punk has his muay thai, and he should utilize that more rather than just throwing weak kicks. he should use clinches/knees. it would be fake, but it would look legit.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Santino

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Santino Marella was a mixed martial artist, I wish he would show off a bit more of those skills rather than be the comedy act he is today.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Santino Marella was a mixed martial artist, I wish he would show off a bit more of those skills rather than be the comedy act he is today.
i actually like santino's gimmick. it's goofy, but he's fun to watch and his accent makes up for his average mic skills. still, it would be called if he used his high-caliber judo. his mma record is actually pretty good at 6-1. his finisher should be the kimura rather than lesnar doing it, since the hold is actually derived from a judo technique.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Bad News Brown won a bronze medal in the 1976 Olympics in judo, still the only american heavyweight to do so.

Iron Sheik was a greco-roman wrestling champ who competed in the 68 Olympics and was assistant coach to the US olympic team in 72.

btw id consider 'legitimate' to mean theyve competed, not just done a bit of training ala DB, punk, eve.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Jacqueline
Lita
Steve Blackman
Ken Shamrock (obviously)
Santino
Eve Torres

·
Registered
517 Posts
Lesnar, ofc. Other than him: Bryan, Santino, CM Punk (I think).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Eric Bischoff and Ken Anderson have legitimate Martial Art Skills.

Bischoff is a Black Belt in one certain Art, dunno which one though.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
BORK LASER

1 - 20 of 45 Posts