Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are some wrestlers that never won any belts while in the WWE (or WWF), but you think deserved to?

For me the first to come to mind is Jake Roberts.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Big John Studd never needed a Belt anyway unlessyou talk about the World Title.
Ludvig Borga shouldhave been aMain Eventer with many Title Belts.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
gangrel never won a championship whilst in the WWE, I always thought that was a shame, he's also one of only a handful that never competed at a Wrestlemania either.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gangrel never won a championship whilst in the WWE, I always thought that was a shame, he's also one of only a handful that never competed at a Wrestlemania either.
Funny how that works. He was the leader of The Brood, too and we all know what happened with the other two members.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Jerry Lawler, I'm suprised he didn't win the Hardcore Title. Would have been quite funny and the title was a joke anyway.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's because Gangrel was fat, not over, and couldn't wrestle. He barely picked up any relevant titles in all his indy stints either, which really says something.

Jimmy Snuka.
Definitely. He should've at least snuck in an IC title reign somewhere in there.

Jerry Lawler, I'm suprised he didn't win the Hardcore Title. Would have been quite funny and the title was a joke anyway.
Lawler has never been a full time wrestler for the WWE. Sticking a title on him would be pretty useless. Also, he doesn't really need one, considering he booked his own territory and gave himself about 60,000 titles.

--

The most OVER wrestler I can think of (Roberts aside) that probably should've had some sort of title run, even if his in-ring skills didn't merit it, is "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. The guy still gets pops wherever he goes today, and was a huge fan favorite in the late 80s. It's surprising they didn't at least give him a tag team title run.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
:lmao. Gangrel could wrestle, was mad over, so I don't exactly know where you are going with that! He's fat now of course but wasn't then. Did he force you too see Gary's girth as a child?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
By the way Studd did win the WWWF Tag Team Championship once.
Guess you learn something every day. I am pretty familiar with the 80's of the WWF and didn't recall seeing him with a Belt and just assumed Studd was activ in the 80's to the 90's. Oh well^^.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
roberts never getting a belt is probably the biggest blunder i can think of, he's one of the greatest wrestlers of all times. even without the belts he is still one of the most legendary wrestlers, so it still worked out, but his potential with a title push against face hogan was massive in my eyes.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
even though he is still in the wwe, Chris Masters hasnt one a title yet and when he was on raw and had the whole masterpiece, unbreakable master lock gimmick i still think he should have gotten an IC title run.

·
Registered
813 Posts
:lmao. Gangrel could wrestle, was mad over, so I don't exactly know where you are going with that! He's fat now of course but wasn't then. Did he force you too see Gary's girth as a child?
I think I've seen you say before that you were into the Brood and the New Brood and goth wrestlers (unless I'm mistaking you for another user), so I think you might be looking back on him more favorably than he probably deserves. I don't think he gets much of a WWE shot if not for his wife. His stint in the WWE was a whopping 3 years (not counting them trying to get him involved later and failing miserably). It's telling that every single person around him had lengthy WWE Careers (Edge, Christian, the Hardyz) and yet he failed. Guy was slow as could be in the ring, not agile, and not innovative. Sorry.

He never deserved a title and doesn't belong with the other guys mentioned in this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts