Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. Of all the wrestlers that have died, which one still hurts the most? I know they all sting, but is there one that really affected you more? For me it's still Owen Hart. The tribute on Raw the following night had me balling. And Stone Cold coming out out and giving Owen a salute, and JR & King's final farewell before Raw went off had me in tears. And Bret's speech on Nitro was difficult for me as well, but I was glad that WCW gave him the time he needed to address his feelings to us watching at home or those that were in attendance. RIP Owen Hart.

Reactions: Showstopper

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
So many, along with what you mentioned, I think it's Mr Perfect for me, Big Boss Man is another, Hawk, Savage, Bulldog, Bam Bam, Eddie ... the list is endless.

Even Earthquake, Yokozuna, Hercules, Bearer and it's also quite sad about the Von Erich's, the list is endless.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So many, along with what you mentioned, I think it's Mr Perfect for me, Big Boss Man is another, Hawk, Savage, Bulldog, Bam Bam, Eddie ... the list is endless.

Even Earthquake, Yokozuna, Hercules, Bearer and it's also quite sad about the Von Erich's, the list is endless.
Hawk & Savage stung for me as they were two of my favorites. There are so many like you said. There's even some I didn't know passed away, like Test. I always felt bad about the deaths of the Von Erich family members.

·
Registered
850 Posts
When Eddie died it was pretty hard on me... I also took Benoit dying pretty bad...

Felt pretty shit when Savage, Test, Paul Bearer, Bam Bam, Lance Cade, Umaga and Hawk all died too..

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Savage for me personally because he died before he ever got to make an inevitable return to the WWE or make a Hall of Fame appearance etc. The likes of Eddie dying was obviously shit too but at least there was no real hatchet to bury anywhere and he got a great send-off.

It's why I always like seeing older wrestlers resolving any differences with McMahon/WWE etc so they can ensure having their legacy properly celebrated during their lifetime (should the worst happen and they go prematurely).

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,774 Posts
Owen. He's not one of those guys who died from a drug overdose, or something along those lines. He died in a tragic, freak accident and was from all accounts, one of the nicest guys in the business. He had a wife and two young kids (or 1, can't remember). Just awful.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Savage and Hawk. I was such a huge fan of Macho Man and legion of doom when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Owen. He's not one of those guys who died from a drug overdose, or something along those lines. He died in a tragic, freak accident and was from all accounts, one of the nicest guys in the business. He had a wife and two young kids (or 1, can't remember). Just awful.
The fact that he didn't die from drug overdose or anything like was why it hurt for me as well. And maybe because of the way he died, a d the facf that he came from a long line of Harts to wrestle, had family members wrestling etc made it hard for me as well.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Savage and Hawk. I was such a huge fan of Macho Man and legion of doom when I was a kid.
Those two really hit me hard too, especially Hawk. He was my favorite of the Road Warriors, and one of my favorite all time wrestlers. Followed TRWs & Savage from the early 80's and it sucked learning of their passing. Savage & Elizabeth are together again in my eyes.

·
18,013 Posts
Elizabeth yeah, Sensational Sherri too, Luna Vachon is another who went too early, Andre, Gonzales etc.. Ludvig Borga.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris Benoit.
I wish Chris could've been helped to prevent what happened. I used to be in love with Woman back in the day. Very sad about their passing.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Elizabeth yeah, Sensational Sherri too, Luna Vachon is another who went too early, Andre, Gonzales etc.. Ludvig Borga.
Sherri was a major shock to me as I wasn't watching wrestling or checking wrestling news online during that time. Did they ever find out what she died of?

·
18,013 Posts
Sherri was a major shock to me as I wasn't watching wrestling or checking wrestling news online during that time. Did they ever find out what she died of?
From what I can recall, I think it was an overdose of various drugs inside her.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
I wish Chris could've been helped to prevent what happened. I used to be in love with Woman back in the day. Very sad about their passing.
Agreed. I can never look at pictures of her or Daniel, it's too eerie and creepy to look at it, whenever I look at them I think of that tragic weekend. To think that he killed them... Just scary, man.

Of course Owen, Eddie, etc was also sad but I wasn't watching wrestling when either of them passed, and I was a big Benoit fan when that happened, so it hit me hard. Don't remember my reaction when it broke out he did it, though.

Just a very fucked-up situation.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed. I can never look at pictures of her or Daniel, it's too eerie and creepy to look at it, whenever I look at them I think of that tragic weekend. To think that he killed them... Just scary, man.

Of course Owen, Eddie, etc was also sad but I wasn't watching wrestling when either of them passed, and I was a big Benoit fan when that happened, so it hit me hard. Don't remember my reaction when it broke out he did it, though.

Just a very fucked-up situation.
I remember being a little emotional with the Benoit situation because there was a child involved, and for the fact that Benoit was a great wrestler who would've been in the HOF, and Woman who just so sexy.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From what I can recall, I think it was an overdose of various drugs inside her.
Its a shame that all the wrestlers that have died from drugs haven't learned from the people before them. So many of them overdosed, or mixed drugs & alcohol. Very sad.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
I remember being a little emotional with the Benoit situation because there was a child involved, and for the fact that Benoit was a great wrestler who would've been in the HOF, and Woman who just so sexy.
Yeah, Woman was kinda hot. :lol

But yeah, what a complete waste. Over 20 years in the business and you go like that.. Just crazy. I'll admit, It was very hard to watch the Benoit tribute show that night. :( And seeing CM Punk's speech about him hit me so hard because both were my favorites in the WWE at the time and I was very looking forward to their match.

I have a lot of opinions on the whole thing but it's too long to type lol. I mean, it's nice to know that he had concussion problems so now I guess we know why what happened happened, but it's still disgusting regardless of why it happened. But I still think he was one of the GOATs in the ring, but I completely understand why WWE never promotes or says anything about him, I would've done it as well. It was a very dark period for the WWE. I'm just glad they're stronger than ever.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Owen Hart and Brian Pillman. I remember watching the PPV's and being completely heart broken over both.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts