Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Shawn Michaels,Rey Mysterio,Benoit and Orton

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Shawn Michaels, Rick Martel, Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude, CM Punk, Randy Orton ... so many really :)

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Benoit
HBK
Mysterio

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Bret Hart's the first to come to mind - Bulldog, Diesel, Owen, Kid, Perfect to name a few can thank him. Austin and HBK will also no doubt cite him as one of their better opponents, if not their best.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Bret Hart's the first to come to mind - Bulldog, Diesel, Owen, Kid, Perfect to name a few can thank him. Austin and HBK will also no doubt cite him as one of their better opponents, if not their best.
I agree with all that, not too sure about Diesel though, but the rest for sure!! :)

·
You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here
1,102 Posts
Basically what I came in here to say-- the name I've heard the most in interviews is usually Bret.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Bret Hart - Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels - Undertaker, Mick Foley (Mankind), Scott Hall (Razor Ramon), Bret Hart
CM Punk - John Cena, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy
Stone Cold - The Rock, Triple H, Bret Hart
Chris Benoit - Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Preferably, you say who they got their best match from them, and also name the match.
I'll try to mention whatever comes to mind with Benoit. (some are arguable or at least top matches for the wrestler)

Jericho (Royal Rumble 2001)
Chavo (various matches in late 2006)
Orlando Jordan (Great American Bash 2005)
A-Train (No Mercy 2003)
Edge (Smackdown 8/6/2007)
Booker T (pretty much any of their "Best of 7" matches)
William Regal (WCW match plus No Mercy 2006)
Finlay (Judgment Day 2006)
Kane (Bad Blood 2004)
Kevin Sullivan (Falls Count Anywhere match)
Kurt Angle (Royal Rumble 2003)
MVP (Wrestlemania 23)
Mr. Kennedy (Smackdown 13/10/2006 and 12/1/2007)
JBL (Steel cage match from Smackdown 14/4/2006)
Rob Van Dam (SummerSlam 2002)
Stone Cold (Smackdown 31/5/2001)
The Rock (Fully Loaded 2000)
Triple H (Wrestlemania XX triple threat)

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bret Hart - Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels - Undertaker, Mick Foley (Mankind), Scott Hall (Razor Ramon), Bret Hart
CM Punk - John Cena, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy
Stone Cold - The Rock, Triple H, Bret Hart
Chris Benoit - Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho
How can Shawn Michaels have given Bret the best match of his career, and also Stone Cold gave it to him.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
How can Shawn Michaels have given Bret the best match of his career, and also Stone Cold gave it to him.
I put in some cross over, I felt that although Bret Hart vs Austin at Wrestlemania 13 was the best match of both of their careers they also had great matches with other guys. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were pretty much perfect opponents for each other and the same with The Rock and Austin, even if those matches weren't quite up there with the WM13 match. Probably should've explained that :argh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Chris Benoit is the first name that came to mind.
PLEASE stop.

If the man wasn't dead you WOULD NOT be saying what you are, you would be offering a more balanced opinion, or maybe you'd say Owen Hart?
Listen, Benoit was an excellent worker but people overhype him because he's dead which as I said on a previous thread is pretty sick if you consider the manner in which he died.

There has been so many excellent workers in the WWE but if pick your favorite matches of all time there's a popular trend and name...Shawn Michaels.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
PLEASE stop.

If the man wasn't dead you WOULD NOT be saying what you are, you would be offering a more balanced opinion, or maybe you'd say Owen Hart?
Listen, Benoit was an excellent worker but people overhype him because he's dead which as I said on a previous thread is pretty sick if you consider the manner in which he died.

There has been so many excellent workers in the WWE but if pick your favorite matches of all time there's a popular trend and name...Shawn Michaels.
My opinion is perfectly balanced. As you mentioned the manner of his death, you'd think that anyone would try to discredit him or try to stay away from mentioning him. But I'm fair and I realize that regardless of what he may have done, he was an excellent wrestler and in my opinion, the greatest ring worker of all time. Nothing is gonna take that away, not him being dead, a murderer, rapist or responsible for the holocaust. Again, it's my opinion and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

If he wasn't dead, yeah, maybe I wouldn't have recognized the greatness that was his in-ring abilities. But there's a saying that goes like "You don't know what you have until it's gone". So it would just be one of those cases. Otherwise, I don't see what him being dead has anything to do with his talent.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts