Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what wrestlers stuck with a gimmick, catchphrase or gesture that they blindly believed in and stuck with but in your opinion were not very good or Guys that cant seem to ever snap out of character and have forgotten who they really are.

Hulk Hogan for me is an obvious one who seems to have been in character for the last 20 years. Hulk Hogan to me has always seemed like a guy who just wants to reclaim the good old days of when he main evented Madison Square Garden, as just cant let it go and go out gracefully.

You may disagree but DDP "self high five" catchphrase is awful, I personally dont like it but he will constantly keep using it.

Heath Slater seems to think "one man rock band" is a great gimmick, it annoys me that he is talented but when ever he gets mic time he usually ruins because he has nothing to say but his one man rock man shtick.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Hogan breaks character in shoots outside the ring. I like his character, he had more charisma than....hell anyone in wrestling today for sure.

Iron Sheik has been stuck in character for 20 years, legit. Undertaker always is, but his gimmick is unique, it became part of his character to be "mystical" almost, so he gets a pass. Scott Steiner seems to always be in character, but Scott Steiner is legitimately fucking awesome IMO. His math promo on Abyss was epic.

Eh, Honky Tonk Man seems to thunk his shit didn't stink. Maybe he's kidding, maybe not, but he hasn't been relevant in years, and after Ultimate Warrior took his belt, he became worthless.

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Pretty much anytime you talk about wrestler's with huge egos, believing their own gimmick/hype and whatnot, Bret Hart's gotta go to the front of that list.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Great Khali.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
The Rock always seems to be 'in character'. I saw him on TV once at his house with his wife, and he was referring to himself as The Rock and everything...

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Out of the current roster not actually on drugs to believe in their own gimmick I'd have to go with Dolph Ziggler. This big ass jobbing little boy is suppose to be a wrestler? Looks and acts even more goofyer in real life. Goes to show that having collegic wrestling background will still get you somewhere on WWE television in 2012. Ryder is virtually the same complete type of goofball green kid but he self promotes, goes after it and that means he has a big ego and not viewed as a WWE created push? But Ziggler jobs as Chavos caddy, a male cheerleader, and shaking JBL's hand every week for the first half of his career and now WWE believes he's the future of the business. Are you kidding me? Fuck this cum wet haired wanker.

I'd say Jack Swagger too but he'd have to suck Vince McMahons dick on camera as we all know he probably sucks the corporate tiny irish cursed weener every night to keep a job. If only he found a way to do it one time in the beginning of his career like Ziggler did to get his spot.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Bret Hart. It's still real to him dammit!!!
that's actually true

remember last year he was pissed off that WWE placed Steve Austin and Undertaker ahead of him in the greatest wrestlers of all time list , and his argument was because he defeated them every time they wrestled fpalm

i respect bret but my god the guy is a huge mark for his own ego , him calling hogan or flair bitter egomaniacs is a pot calling a kettle black

·
Registered
692 Posts
Stone Cold... beer drinking redneck lol

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I'm pretty sure I understand the point of the thread but I don't think OP does...

Obviously Heath Slater will play his gimmick when he has mic time...because it's his gimmick.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Vince McMahon:side:

·
Banned
120 Posts
I'm pretty sure I understand the point of the thread but I don't think OP does...

Obviously Heath Slater will play his gimmick when he has mic time...because it's his gimmick.
Show the man some respect, he could be the next Shawn Michaels. He has charisma, incredible in ring ability, and an amazing gimmick. I expect him to be pushed to the moon soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts