Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i will list a few wrestlers whom today are top draw or there aboutsl, then list why i feel they shouldnt be

1. Edge. Cant help but think he is only there due to lack of numbers, i mean he's pretty decent & has good mic skills but for me something is missing, also he's such a small guy to have a spear as a finisher

2. Mark Henry. Okay so he's not quite top of the mountain, but the amount of time they have changed his gimmick in the hope he gets noticed is staggering, also that red MVP type suit makes him look a joke, of all the big guys out there, he just doesnt cut the mustard

3. Mark Noble. Glad in 1 way that he got pushed, however watching him finish people like Jericho with his Air Bourne is just plain wrong, the man weighs like 100 lbs

4. Kane. for me always a poor mans Undertaker, whom has declined ever since he lost the mask, fair play to Jacobs as he plays the role well, but for me Kane is just stale & his finisher looks so fake

5. Ted Jr. Unless they give him the full Millor Dollar Gimmick with Virgil, will this guy ever make it?? surely he should play to his strengths & mimic his dad who was 1 of the if not the bast heel in the WWF days

There are loads more also but seeing as i am at work i better leave it there

1 other thing that really pisses me off is the way the big belts change hands so much, it really devalues the titles, im not saying hold it forever like a certain thunderlips but changing all the time is just stupid, look how many times Randy has held the belt all ready, its off the hook

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Chris Jericho shouldn't go near the Main Event.

Also, lol at Edge being too small to execute the Spear... You seen the one he did to Henry at MITB right? One of the best spears ever.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Mark Noble? Evan Bourne is what you're looking for there, maybe Matt Sydal.

3 of those 5 ARE midcarders, and Kane was for the better part of a decade. The only real complaint there is Edge, and he was definately main event material when he broke into that level. Basically, when you have that many world titles, they're not going to drop you down the card for no reason. Take solace in the fact he's not currently in the title scene if you're that bothered.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
And WHy Is that??
Because he shouldn't go near the Main Event, he is constantly beaten by midcard wrestlers, made to look like an idiot, doesn't even do the whole 'Ultimate Opportunist' character and should basically do what he's doing now, put over young talent.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Because he shouldn't go near the Main Event, he is constantly beaten by midcard wrestlers, made to look like an idiot, doesn't even do the whole 'Ultimate Opportunist' character and should basically do what he's doing now, put over young talent.
Oh.. yeah your right. I guess Im still thinking of the old times lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris Jericho shouldn't go near the Main Event.

Also, lol at Edge being too small to execute the Spear... You seen the one he did to Henry at MITB right? One of the best spears ever.

Jericho is more worthy than anymore else out there to be top draw!!!

Yes i meant Evan Bourne, Mark Noble play for West Ham (soccer team) had them on me brain!!! lol

Also edge's best spear was against Lita (when she hit the back of her head in a ladder)

also i class only Henry as a current mid carder, as Bourne is getting the push of his life & teaming with Orton

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also how many times does Edge get injured?? and the way he & Vicky kissed was a knife through Eddies heart, found that real shitty & unnecessary

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Jericho does Job too much, he never seemed to bother to Job to ANYONE. This is kinda why a big over Jericho enver seems that big of a Deal to me, but he is Heel so he gotta Job every now and than, i just wish he would do it like Edge, who loses but not that much. And Edge deserves the spot, he fought for it. In 06 he was the greatest thing. He is kinda stale right now, maybe he should maybe consider a Gimmick Change, he just isn't very convincing anymore as the Psycho when he strokes his Hair, it's not believable, it use to be when he feuded Taker in that HIAC. And the Ultimate Oportunist is no more, i mean he doesn't do this Tricks he use to, like knocking Kofi out to be in the Chamber Match, that's because RAW has an Focus on Cena, Randy Orton,Nexus and to an extent on Sheamus, they don't care for the Character development of Edge, it's almost like it's before his first World Title.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also obviously Jericho is getting beat by mid-carders as he & WWE are looking for the future & Jericho probably wants to help give then a break as WWE was always good to him, unlike WCW

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I can almost understand that. I mean, he certainly hasn't broken through to the main event, but at least he ended a Raw cleanly pinning a former world champion.

But DiBiase?! The guy's done literally nothing of real note since the Legacy break up, and even then he wasn't close to a real push. I don't mind the guy, and I certainly like him more than some, but he's really nowhere near the top of the card.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for a good spear, look & Goldberg vs Jericho in the Elimination Chamber, i hate Goldberg (well overated) but man that spear was awesome, Plus he was a hulk of a man so spearing made sense, but Edge is just normal & for me he would be better off doing the Egdeucution

·
Registered
425 Posts
also how many times does Edge get injured?? and the way he & Vicky kissed was a knife through Eddies heart, found that real shitty & unnecessary
He seems to get injured alot and gone alot.
I loved it when Edge and Vickie divorced on RAW, That was super funny.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well after Legacy they obviously wanted Rhodes & Ted up there, Of the 2 Rhodes was most liked (even started getting big cheers) then they rebrand them & give Rhodes his shitty gimmick (although i would take that if i got to work with Maryse)

Rhodes could have been big (still not top draw) but he is wasted in his new gimmick, defo should have stayed face

Ted is just a waste, like i said give him daddys full gimmick, lets see skits of him going into stores, buying gum & paying with $100 dollar bills,

But for me Jericho is still my fave, after all the hard years he put in (with hardly any time off) how anyone can diss him is beyond me

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no one - not even the Miz, gets anywhere near Jericho's Mic skills, he is so great at being a heel, but he is a tech wrestler & that style becomes harder as you get old, despite his young looks he is getting on now & the amount of bumps he has taken in his career is amazing

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Jack Swagger - He's just a really big guy with the look of a 12 year old. He has the charisma of a stack of dimes and the mic skills of a dying monkey with a stick up its ass.

Sheamus - Mediocre at everything, skyrocketed to the top because of his affiliation with Triple H. Look, "fella", you are NOT Brock Lesnar, you're not even on the level below him. Improve in the midcard where you belong, then we'll talk about a main event push in 2 or 3 years.

Randy Orton - While, I'll concede that taking him out of the main event NOW would be stupid, since he's just way too over, there's no way he should've been allowed as many chances as he got. He struggled to get over for 5 years, and he's fucked up TEN TIMES as much as Mr. Kennedy, who his influence got dropped from the company, despite Kennedy having more mic skills, more charisma and more potential than Orton could ever dream of having. He's a whining little baby who seems to think he's never done anything wrong, but will chew out a guy like Kofi Kingston just for a minor botch and crush all the momentum he has before he has to go to another brand to re-build (of which Kingston has done flawlessly) He has no charisma and is inept at playing ANY character but a droning, boring psycho who can't speak. This is as good as he'll EVER get, it's not good enough.

Triple H - He's a talented guy, but his time is UP. It just IS. Leave.

Undertaker - The Undertaker is one of my favourite wrestlers of all time, this is not a knock on him, but unless they're in a JAM and need a main eventer, he needs to give up the hunt for the WHC. He's like Triple H, too much time in the main event. His time is over.

Kane - The name should say it all. KANE???

Cena deserves every bit of his main event status, Jericho deserves every bit of his main event status, and I'm going to be kind to Rey Mysterio, because while I absolutely do not think he should be a world champion, he's the top draw, other than Cena. There's no way around him not getting into the ME. As far as Edge goes, Edge should step down, he's past his prime, but, begrudgingly, I have to admit he's still.....more equipped than most of the names I've mentioned and he's a massively over heel who can always be counted on to be a top antagonist to the main face, and some of the main eventers just have to be kept regardless of any dislike. If you can classify Wade Barrett as a main eventer already, then keep him to. He's brilliant.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Randy Orton - While, I'll concede that taking him out of the main event NOW would be stupid, since he's just way too over.... This is as good as he'll EVER get, it's not good enough.
If, by your own admission, he is currently very over and sufficiently so to be in the main event, then surely by definition it is good enough? I wouldn't dispute a lot of the accusations you threw at him, but if he is one of the most over people in the company then...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts