Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
15,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People tend to shit all over wrestlers that they perceive to be abysmal on the talent scale, but do you guys find certain wrestlers talented but have trouble gravitating to them?

For me that guy would probably be Seth Rollins. I can admit that the guy is insanely athletic. I thought that he meshed beautifully with The Shield and I enjoyed his MITB run, but there's something about the guy that doesn't click with me at all. I'm generally not emotionally invested in anything that he does. His matches, while filled with exciting spots, don't build to a point where I'm on the edge of my seat. I really don't remember a single match of his that made me feel that way. I usually don't care when he's cutting his promos ether (at least the whiny heel promos seemed to suit his personality better).

I'm not the world's biggest AJ Styles fan ether, but at least with AJ I tend to get emotionally invested in his matches. I don't know what it is about Rollins that makes me so indifferent, tbh.

So what say you guys?

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
:reigns2

I feel for him, though. WWE put him in a shitty situation eerily similar to Cena a dozen years ago. Hopefully, Roman can rise above as a performer in spite of WWE's decisions like Big Match John has.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
As it's to do with those who I know have talent but don't connect with rather than people I just think have no talent (Wyatt, Matt Hardy, many jobbers) I think I'll go with:

Present: Seth Rollins, Cesaro, Elias (in the ring only, I like him on the mic but I struggle to give a shit in his matches,) Tozawa, Aleister Black.
Past: Hulk Hogan (even as a kid I thought he made wrestling look clumsy and fake,) Nash, Hall, Sting, Kane.

I mean there's probably a lot more to this list if I really thought about it. I've always gravitated towards clean/smooth/crisp performance so many of the "my talent is my promo" guys fall super flat for me especially in the Hogan era where "promo" was literally synonymous with "scream nonsensical bullshit whilst stood next to Mean Gene."

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,334 Posts
Seth Rollins - He's incredibly talented. In fact, he's one of the best they've got right now. But he's never been one of my favorites even though I admire him. Maybe I'll be able to connect with him more if they push him to the main event scene.

Finn Balor - He's a great athlete but I'm usually not interested in him.

Braun Strowman - I blame the WWE for not striking while the iron was hot. Now, his booking is just lazy and he's no longer as interesting or cool to me as he was in 2017.

Daniel Bryan - This is an on and off thing. I did connect with him during his heel days, Authority angle and even his comeback segment was fantastic. But like Seth Rollins, he's never been one of my favorites even though he's one of the best wrestlers. I'm rooting for The Miz.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Kevin Owens and Daniel Bryan. People go nuts for these two and yes they are both talented in ring but nothing they do makes me feel invested in them :draper2

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Randy Orton, never gave a fuck about him after his legend killer days.

Sometimes I feel like after 2008, he turned into a totally different person, boring
unmotivated, pathetic.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Randy Orton - Always found him boring and nauseating
Charlotte Flair - See above
Sami Zayn - Even in NXT I wasn't crazy about him. He's just too goofy and gimpy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Finn Balor if he's not in his demon gimmick
Sometimes Seth
Often Dolph
Sami Zayn, I skip him most of the times
Asuka
Daniel Bryan sometimes

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
- Kevin Owens: I know he is well-rounded talent but I just can't get into his feuds, only time I cared for him was in his feud with Cena but that was mostly the Cena-effect: "insertname is interesting because he is feuding Cena".

-Luke Harper: Until last year I didn't recognize his talent, and now I know that he is more than the average big guy but I can't connect with anything he does in the ring or the mic.

- Drew McIntyre: even if he has improved since his "debut" in 2009 still can't connect with his work, doesn't help that I consider him WORST TNA/Impact Wrestling champion of the last 10 years.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Daniel Bryan.

people are sick of the same old booking and writing in wwe programs, but bryan is always written as "underdog 101" with some of the oldest tropes in play (face outnumbered, face hurt outside that makes a comeback, face on fire that destroys everyone with no logic or reason) and people go nuts every time.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts