Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any wrestlers that u feel had the ability to put on a classic memorable match or matches but probably just really wasn't given the opportunity to do so or for whatever reason?

Few examples would for me would be

Steve Blackman-I think he should have had a better match resume then he has because he had a martial arts type style that was interesting and looked lethal and effective and I feel he should have been given more to work with in ring wise.

Finlay- I recently watched a few of his matches for the first time and I'm definitely a fan of the aggressive hard hitting style he had but he doesn't have enough notable matches imo

Cesaro-Doesn't need an explanation..

Wade Barrett

Bray Wyatt/Wyatt Family

Ken Shamrock

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rob Van Dam and Ken Shamrock come to mind.

Owen Hart too. Besides his classic matches with Bret, I do not know of any classics he had. Owen was certainly skilled in the ring.

If given 15-30 minutes for a PPV match, I feel that he could have put on a great match with the likes of Shawn Michaels (1994-1997), The British Bulldog (1994-1997), and The 1-2-3 Kid (1994-1995).

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,149 Posts
Ken Shamrock. He was so good given the time and storylines. He could've had so many more classics under his belts.

Dave Batista. Great character, great promos, intensity, pure believability. He's a better version of Goldberg. He's got a solid catalog of great matches but definitely falls short

Roddy Piper. Considering how amazing he was on occasion, and the quality of his character, he should have a Ric Flair-esque catalog of matches

Rick Rude. Definitely capable of high workrate but worked kind of a slow and boring style for a lot of his career

Bray Wyatt. He's one of my top 10 favorite wrestlers but he just doesn't have a ton of good matches in his catalog. His match with Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble is probs his best. So I know he's capable of really good stuff, probably storylines hold him back

·
Registered
80 Posts
Owen Hart too. Besides his classic matches with Bret, I do not know of any classics he had. Owen was certainly skilled in the ring.

If given 15-30 minutes for a PPV match, I feel that he could have put on a great match with the likes of Shawn Michaels (1994-1997), The British Bulldog (1994-1997), and The 1-2-3 Kid (1994-1995).
I agree with Owen, He should've had a PPV title match in 95

I'd say at KOTR, Owen vs Diesel would've been better than Diesel/Bam Bam vs Sid/Tatanka (Owen wasn't even on the show that night)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Lita, so I can have a better excuse to buy a whole lotta folk's viewpoints that she had a better overall career than Trish Stratus.

Randy Orton, because the classics that he supposedly does have all through his career don't come off as classics to me.

Goldberg when he was in WWE in 2003.

Christian, since I think he was capable of it but sadly never got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts