Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I agree Punk and Edge need to get muscle, not alot , but tone their fat so that they look like athletes. RIght now it looks unbelievable and they look ridiculously skinny and like they can't fight. ANd most of the good UFC fighters are either big or are pretty in shape even if you guy deliberately find pictures where they are not. Plus they fight for real and thus gain credibility, WWE superstars don't have the chance and everyone knows it's fake.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
what on Earth does everyone knowing its fake have to do with anything? they're still supposed to pretend its real, thats part of the process. WWE is supposed to pretend they're as real as any other fighting shit, that's what kayfabe is fpalm

I'm not judging his "image" cause it's awesome.I'm judging his lack of physical fitness.It really kills kayfabe for me when i see someone as Ziggler standing across the ring with Punk,who looks so flabby,thin and has more loose skin then Ric Flair.Guy looks like he never trained in his life.
no, this looks like a guy who has never trained in his life.

then there's this guy:

there's just different levels. i mean, you can't compare everyone's body to the same degree, because everyone's body also doesn't happen to work the same way. CM Punk is fit. he looks pretty fit. does he look jacked? not really, but having different physiques is good.

Punk doesn't look pathetic at all, and while Edge is more puffy than he used to be, he still doesn't look pathetic. they look just fine. you seem to have this whole thing boiled down to having abs, because thats really the only difference i'm seeing between wrestlers you're posting and the wrestlers you're complaining about.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
what on Earth does everyone knowing its fake have to do with anything? they're still supposed to pretend its real, thats part of the process. WWE is supposed to pretend they're as real as any other fighting shit, that's what kayfabe is fpalm

no, this looks like a guy who has never trained in his life.

then there's this guy:

there's just different levels. i mean, you can't compare everyone's body to the same degree, because everyone's body also doesn't happen to work the same way. CM Punk is fit. he looks pretty fit. does he look jacked? not really, but having different physiques is good.

Punk doesn't look pathetic at all, and while Edge is more puffy than he used to be, he still doesn't look pathetic. they look just fine. you seem to have this whole thing boiled down to having abs, because thats really the only difference i'm seeing between wrestlers you're posting and the wrestlers you're complaining about.
The only difference you see between this

and this

are abs? :lmao

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Ramble On
11,103 Posts
You do realise that picture of Punk you keep showing is when he first started, and he now looks better than that. He looks fine and credible.

Anyway this theory that you need abs to look credible is silly.

·
Registered
240 Posts
CM Punk, Edge and Orton are ectomorphs. They are not predisposed to gaining bulk. They look fine the way they are. In reality, ectomorphs are never going to outpower a mesomorph but are almost always faster. I can definitely buy them as serious athletes.

It's also interesting to note that in the two 'before' pictures you used, both Edge and Orton are tensing their abs.

It's actually refreshing to see wrestlers who have different physiques. Wrestling is supposed to be an art form, and at it's very best akin to a game of chess, it is not a strong man competition. I absolute love Brodus Clay's look, for example, he has a unique look whilst also maintaining the appearance of being a tough bastard. He'd lose a lot of that appeal if he was your average musclehead.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Well look at Bret's physique, he didn't need to look 250 pounds of muscle to be believable, he could be with your technique and submission.
Orton is believable for his character, like a snake he's slim and toned.
Only guys like Zeke and Sheamus need to be bulky as it fits their characters as powerhouses.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Im glad not all wrestlers are super toned, its boring watching super bulky guys all the time
This. Specially on WWE, we have a serious risk of having just HHH clones on the long run. We need smaller guys, we need the roundness of husky Harris and Brodus Clay, or we'll watch some very boring shows.

Or someone will also complain about kane being out-of-shape?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Do you guys not understand the difference between toned and buff? Toned muscles allows someone to stay skinny(like Punk and Edge are) and have muscles(much like Orton).

And btw Lesnar doesn't look as fit as he used to, just big. His muscles are hidden mostly by fat.

And the fact that it's fake means that WWE has to make it slightly believable or people will complain(ie. Miz being champion).

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
You're right,sorry for lashing out.Now that they can't shoot needle anymore they need some serious training and nutrition.

And Miz actually got in much better shape then before.
The thing is, it's much harder to stick with an ideal diet/exercise routine when you're constantly traveling and landing on your head for a living. Just look at The Rock and Austin. In those photos from a couple months ago, they looked more jacked than they ever were while they were wrestling.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
You've obviously never lifted a dumbell in your life! Google Jason Powell. An all natural bodybuilder that completely blows away most of the other guys on the WWE roster and has never touched gear in his life.

People seem to think you pop a steroid pill and over night you wake up with rippling muscles. It's all about diet and training. Stop eating crisps on the couch and watching Fox News.

Orton still has definition, but has obviously dropped a few pounds. Edge honestly looks like a couch potato though, its ridiculous.
The point is, very few people actually have the genetics to be "natural bodybuilders", that's like 1/1000 or fewer people, the rest of us would have to take more extreme measures to get that greek-god mega-jacked look. Anabolic Steroids are very, VERY common, there are entire forum communities of normal people using and discussing them, google it.

Simple logic dictates that if normal guys with nothing to gain are recreationally using them to get bigger, athletes that rely on their physique to put food on the table are 10x more likely to be using them. It's painfully obvious from some of the before/after pictures, but here's the thing: it's not even really a bad, evil thing, it's their choice. With all the time they spend traveling, they can't even always get a good workout and nutrition half the time i'm sure, so having HGH and roids as a shortcut helps them maintain their body.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't mind small wrestlers. As long as they can do their thing and put on a hell of a match, I'll be happy. I hated watching Batista, because he could not wrestle. I would rather see a small guy who can wrestle than someone like Batista. Even though the WWE is cracking down (as they should be), we still have guys like Mason Ryan and Ezekial Jackson, so I am not concerned about the current lack of size.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts