Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wrestlers, that have talent and potential, were really misused by WWE?

In my opinion, It's Kane. Sure his character is interesting and Glen is a nice guy but I have always wondered why WWE have always booked him in a bad feud. E.g. his feud with Kane in 2002 (Katie Vick), that storyline with Lita, Great Khali and now recently the feud with Cena. Yes every wrestler has bad feuds but some feuds (mainly Katie Vick and Lita's storyline) have really gotten negative reviews from the fans.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chavo Guerrero; I absolutely loathed how he had to job to Hornswoggle in the worst possible match types in 2009.
Agree. It's really sad to see. Also him losing in 15 seconds (or around that timing) at Wrestlemania was bad booking IMO.

His character after 2007 was really ruined. Becoming Vickie's bitch and feuding with Hornswoggle.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think Alex Riley could be used a lot better than he currently is. I think he has the potential to do a lot better than he's doing now. He kind of disappeared.

Also, second post nailed it, Chavo was my first choice. I've always wondered why he had to feud with hornswoggle of all people.

·
Fairy Hunter
1,783 Posts
Agree. It's really sad to see. Also him losing in 15 seconds (or around that timing) at Wrestlemania was bad booking IMO.

His character after 2007 was really ruined. Becoming Vickie's bitch and feuding with Hornswoggle.
I agree completely.

If you were to compare Eddie and Chavo to Mario and Luigi, Eddie would definitely be Mario and Chavo would definitely be Luigi, which is a shame considering Chavo is just as talented as Eddie was.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Raven and DDP when they entered WWE. I'm not saying they were main-event worthy, but they deserved a better spot in the mid-card. Being WCW guys probably didn't help their cause either.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Dean Malenko - The greatest technical wrestler of all-time(IMO, of course), and he was used like absolute dog mess in the WWE. Sure he was pushing 40 when they acquired him, but he could still go. His WWE tenure is spotty to me, which isn't saying much for them since I'm about as big a Malenko fan as they come. There really wasn't much they could have done though, considering he was putting on amazing matches all the time in the most stacked cruiserweight division of all-time back in WCW.

Scott Steiner - Okay, he was probably in the worst physical condition of his life during his most recent run, but they could have gotten so much more out of him. Scott Steiner has always been a solid ring worker, and I'd go as far as to say that he was GREAT in the late '80s-early '90s. I'm not much for fantasy booking, but I'm sure they could have tossed him in a less prominent storyline to start, until he was in better physical condition.

Reactions: Jaksonian224

·
Banned
401 Posts
In this order:
1)Kane= After a great intro in the first ever hell in a cell and some intense feuds with his bro, completely misused ever since.
2)Mr. Ass= Monty Sopp should have elevated to the main event status. The man was awesome in the ring, had the look and was good on the mic.
3)Mr. Perfect= Ditto to Mr. Ass.
4)Al Snow= Another huge talent that never got a lot of credit and even with his bizarre gimmick was pretty over.
5)Mostly All Canadians= Owen, Jericho, Benoit and Edge. All deserved more then they got even if some cases they got a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Shelton Benjamin - this man had great potential but Wwe didn't give him much of a chance
2. Mr. Kennedy - Had potential to be the nest big thing
3. John Morrison - Great wrestler but Wwe made him lose almost every match and didn't give him a decent title run
4. Drew Mcintyre - Big Build up but nothing came of it
5. Jack Swagger - very athletic and was going places but Wwe just stopped him dead in his tracks
6. Bob Holly - This Man should have been Wwe Champion at least once in his career
7. RVD - was one of the best superstars they had but was hardly given a chance at the title
8. Kane - This guy used to be awesome but now he just sucks, I don't blame him I blame the writers
9. Wade Barret - this guys is amazing but Randy Orton buried him
10. Christian - same thing Randy Orton buried him

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Vader
Christian
Owen Hart
Ricky Steamboat
Kofi Kingston (There's a perfect main event level babyface in peril somewhere in there, but they refuse to do anything significant with him.)

·
Registered
727 Posts
1.Chavo guerrero
2. Diamon Dallas Page
3. Shelton Benjamin
4. Dolph Ziggler
5. Sin Cara
6. Wade Barrett
(no order)

·
Registered
153 Posts
7. RVD - was one of the best superstars they had but was hardly given a chance at the title
I may be completely wrong and correct me if i am but wasn't RVD the WWE & ECW champ simultaneously?

Previous Wrestlers:
Shelton Benjamin, MVP
Cryme Tyme could've been a great tag team
John Morrison was great but no mic presence (at least as face), if he fixes this then MAYBE WWE would use him correctly
Chris Masters improved a lot especially with his work on superstars

Current Wrestlers:
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger (suffers from Morrison syndrome)
Christian
Drew McIntyre

·
Registered
303 Posts
For me the list of currents begins and ends with Barrett. He was excellent as the leader of Nexus but then they disappear overnight and are replaced with the Corre which was ass and now... nothing. Maybe they'll have something better when he returns from injury but for some reason I doubt it.

·
Banned
317 Posts
I may be completely wrong and correct me if i am but wasn't RVD the WWE & ECW champ simultaneously?
Remember WWE totally buried him right after he lost those 2 world titles?
Sure, he was punished for using drugs at that time, but the burying lasted till he quit WWE in late 2007. (remember the new blood vs originals angle?)
C'mon, at least put him in the midcard/upper-midcard.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts