Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which wrestlers do think are the best and don't even need a title reign to prove it. Only person I can think of is HBK for obvious reasons how bout you guys?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Jake Roberts, because he never got a WWE Title, yet still one of the greatest of all time.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about Rey and Big show?

·
Registered
904 Posts
As of right now...cm punk all tho i want him to have the title. Also the master of this is Chris Jericho.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Jericho. The only reason I'd ever give it to him now is because of how legitimate he would make the guy dethroning him look.

·
Banned
291 Posts
HBK.

Look at the span of his career,
Look at how often he'll be brought up as the greatest of all time.

He only had four title reigns because he didn't need the title to stay relevant.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As of right now...cm punk all tho i want him to have the title. Also the master of this is Chris Jericho.
I was thinking Jericho too. I think the only reason they gave him the title in 2010 was for the sake of edge LOL.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Ted Dibiase Sr and Jake Roberts, two of the greatest of their generation and didn't even need the title to back it up.

·
Banned
564 Posts
Christian is going to fall into this category now, I wouldn't call him great in terms of Mr. Perfect, Owen and others etc, but a guy can only be compared to his peers, and well with some of the stuff that has had a title the past 6-7 years, he certainly does deserve a run, but probably won't get one at this point. Good on mic, solid worker, not a whiny bitch, no real controversy.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Yoshi Tatsu, Curt Hawkins, William Regal, Darren Young, Chris Masters and the Great Khali.

SO GREAT THEY CO-MAIN EVENT TO DIVAS ON THE B SHOW AND ARE STILL "LIKEABLE" AND "DRAWS"!

·
Banned
291 Posts

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Nobody. By that logic, Steve Austin would've never became world champion, and pretty much everybody that's any good gets the title eventually unless they're blatantly held down like Christian or they just keep getting setback after setback like Anderson. Besides in the 1980's when only the #1 and #2 man in the company got the belt.

Wade Barrett doesn't need the belt to dominate the company.....for now, but it's getting to the point where it's becoming stupid to not do so. If he hasn't won the belt by the EC then something is drastically wrong.

·
Registered
826 Posts
HBK has 4 big ones to prove it, along with several other accolades.. (first grand slam champ, innovator of every match there is, etc.) I think you gotta look at John Morrison. He's as over as Rey Mysterio in a San Diego fifth grade classroom and not a single WWE title or World title to show for it. JIP!

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Morrison isn't even in the same universe as Rey Mysterio when it comes to overness. What have you been watching the last 5 years? He's not even THAT over right now, Kofi Kingston is destroying him in reactions and he hasn't won the belt either. Morrison would've had the belt multiple times by now if he were over to the degree you think he is.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
If you mean wrestlers who have become "Bigger" than the title, there's quite a bit actually:

Undertaker
John Cena
Hulk Hogan
Andre The Giant
The Rock
Stone Cold
Shawn Michaels
Triple H

·
Registered
826 Posts
As if. Morrison consistently gets the biggest pops on RAW lately. People love him. I'm not even going to talk about Rey Mysterio. He's over-discussed by mere mention.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
:lmao - That's all I have to say to win this argument. Morrison getting the biggest pops on Raw isn't even slightly factual.

And even if it were, which it's not, it's not lasting past Sunday when Triple H returns, anyway.

·
Registered
826 Posts
LOL I guess I can't argue with the guy with 45000 posts can I? Then I would appear silly. I was trying to answer this poorly asked question. "Who doesnt need a title reign to prove whatever" and then cite HBK? I call shenanigans right away. Whos more over than Morrison without a title reign? Besides charity cases like Santino?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts